Monaghan Forum

Popular Posts from border Gael

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Gooch on Tyrone - 29 Like(s)
I had great respect for many of the Kerry footballers down through the years, paudie o Shea, Jacko, Pat Spillane, bomber liston, maurice Fitz, o Shea Bros, and many more but I never had the same respect for Gooch. I think the others got great respect. The Gooch went missing on too many big days to gain the same level of respect. I am not in the least bit surprised that he's trying to cash in on it all. The others didn't. Says it all.

border Gael (National) - 09/10/2017 20:19:12

Mayo V Kerry - 6 Like(s)
Mayo were totally flat today. Kerry were brilliant but I think most teams in the super 8s would have beaten Mayo today. Where was Aidan ó shea. In my humble opinion he appears to vanish on big occasions. A very over rated player. Mad to stamp around throwing his weight about before the throw in but I didn't see much of him for the next 70",minutes

border Gael (National) - 14/07/2019 22:33:51

Mayo v Derry - 5 Like(s)
Would love to see Derry win this one. Hope the referee has the confidence to referee this one by the rules and use his head and not let mayo away with the same antics that they used against Galway.

border Gael (National) - 22/06/2017 14:01:36

Easy Road Is Blocked - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "If I'm honest I do think it makes the whole thing fairer, I won't focus on one county, but the provincial system has been fairer or unfair for a long time for many counties. This goes a way to making the championship more equitable and given the interprovincial redistribution across the fixtures maybe this system promotes a real All Ireland and the best team will always win, just no long grass to hide really. It's interesting that Ulster has come out the strongest."
Your correct there. Ulster is still the most competitive province and its now proving to be an asset in the new system. There's 3 ulster counties still very much in this competition tonight. Unfortunately we will loose one tomorrow but whichever one stays is going to have a huge say in this competition. Its about time that this whole lob sided competition eventually rolled in ulster's favour.

border Gael (National) - 04/08/2018 21:56:58

Kerry V Tyrone. - 4 Like(s)

Replying To greysoil:  "Just saw the Clifford choking incident on Twitter / absolutely disgusting, where were the linesmen? If that happened off the field, it would result in arrest & caution. I hope there is some enquiry & sanction into this deplorable incident."
And fellow county man did no Monaghan player ever do anything out of hand while wearing the Monaghan jersey? I think that theyres a serious sense of hype that follows certain players and they end up being untouchable. Take the Gooch, He cost us an all Ireland final spot because certain refs believed that he would do nothing outside the rules. It's the umpires who called in the ref in this instance and told him their story. There was a lot of niggling going on from both sides .I Our neighbours Tyrone deserved their win .McCarthy Curry was outstanding.

border Gael (National) - 10/02/2020 20:21:39

All Ireland Football Final 2020 - Dublin V Mayo - 4 Like(s)
Congratulations to the dubs. Hard luck Mayo. Dublin played 76 minutes Mayo dident play a full 60 min. Some members of the Mayo team were fantastic but the problem was that Dublin had the better all round players. I feel sorry for Cillian O Connor but again Aidan O Shea didn't manage to score. I think the team that plays 75 minutes against Dublin will beat them on todays performance.

border Gael (National) - 19/12/2020 20:30:41

The Sunday Game - Awful Coverage - 4 Like(s)
RTÉ dropped him because they had no other choice. He was too arrogant, he got the whole predictions wrong about the final. He was dug into Spillane before the game started, he kept interrupting the panel, he couldn't accept that he had got the whole thing so completely wrong so his scape goat was blame the referee and get personal about it to make it stick. Proper order. Delighted to see Stephen Rochford on. There will be no bad manners from him but great analysis.

border Gael (National) - 10/09/2019 21:58:29

Kerry V Tyrone. - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Smiler21:  "What were you saying"
Sorry I posted in the first half. Some turn around in second half. Tyrone got a great lift at the very welcome return of the class act that is Cathal Mc Shane. Mc Curry and Morgan stood up when needed as did many others. The ref made some very strange decisions. Tyrone thoroughly deserved their win.

border Gael (National) - 09/02/2020 18:47:07

Monaghan Vs Tyrone - 4 Like(s)
It's embarrassing for true Gaels to read some of the posts on here now. This talk about cynicism. Who is holier that who? If I was given a thousand Euro this minute to go into the bookies and put it on the winner for next Sunday I'd be hoping nó one was looking and I'd be splitting it on both teams. It would be a dream come through for monaghan to win Sam. Tyrone was the first team to take the Sam through Monaghan on their way home. It was fantastic. We all want Monaghan to beat our neighbours and make their first ever All Ireland final but if they fail then I will be supporting our Ulster team and hoping that they can finish the job. No disrespect to Dublin but they need to be beaten to keep interest in the championship.

border Gael (National) - 07/08/2018 19:20:01

NFL Division 1 - 3 Like(s)
I'd say Joe Brolly had Tyrones obituary written as did the RTÉ boys but the Tyrone lads had other plans. I admire this Dublin team but they are no saints either and whatever happened in the tunnel wasn't one sided I'd imagine but the commentators seemed to jump to the conclusion that it was Tyrones fault. Last week there wasn't a word once Tyrone got hammered but attentions were turned on Donegal. That match wasn't without contraversary either.

border Gael (National) - 29/02/2020 23:25:11

Galway vs Mayo - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "If a dub or Tyrone player carried on like a certain mayo freetaker today this place would go into indignant meltdown desperate stuff"
Totally agree Liam. Talk about cynical play.

border Gael (National) - 11/06/2017 20:47:54

Galway vs Mayo - 3 Like(s)
Keith Higgins did the dirt as did COC. Galway didn't stand back and let them have their way. Well done Galway. It was a great game.

border Gael (National) - 11/06/2017 20:55:01

Team Brolly or Team Spillane - 3 Like(s)
I ain't pat Spillanes biggest supporter but I am with him on this. He merely answered a question of which he would be deemed to be in the knowledge of. Otherwise why should he be on the Sunday game panel For viewers to the programme who may not have access to the latest set of GAA rules then they would expect to hear the facts about the rules and Des Cahill asked the question ❓. Pat Spillane has never gone as far as Joe Brolly. I don't think for one moment he ever would. Like him or loathe him he is correct a lot of the time but I don't agree with some of his speculations some of the time.

border Gael (National) - 04/07/2017 15:01:44

Tyrone V Dublin - 3 Like(s)
People who never cheered for Tyrone cheering for them this evening. Everyone wants someone who can match the Dubs make a statement before the semis or the championship is going to go stale and destroy football. The better team won this evening but were helped by two wrong decisions by the ref and a crucial point in the game. A free was given dead straight in front of goal for what the ref deemed to be a picked of the ground ball when it was not. Dean rock tipped it over. MDC Took Mattie Donnelly out of it with a high tackle in front of goal.. No free given. There were two points in the game at this stage. Tyrone were showing the effects of six games in as many weeks at the end this evening but huge credit to them and their management. They're getting a lot closer.

border Gael (National) - 21/07/2018 21:58:51

Division 1 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Dublin v Kerry final. Dublin to win. Tyrone won't be receiving any points next wkd. Neither will Mayo or Cavan.

border Gael (National) - 05/02/2017 22:24:30

Football Is Finished - 2 Like(s)
At this stage it would be better to hand both Senior championship trophies the Dublin teams ( mens and ladies)and get a Sam 2 and Tommy 2 and have a decent competition with the other 30 plus teams for both of them. That way Gaelic might be saved for the rest of teams.

border Gael (National) - 20/12/2020 18:52:50

Galway vs Mayo Hard Battle - 2 Like(s)
Well done Galway, brilliant victory. Delighted to see you back at the top table. It's a big surprise but it shouldn't be. Mayo dident actually set the world on fire in the league. Galway did better in division 2. I think league form is rolling on into the championship this year. My argument being that teams that did very well in division 2 are in a better place than teams that just hung on in division 1. It all makes sense.

border Gael (National) - 18/06/2016 20:52:17

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried? - 2 Like(s)
How can what we are watching at this moment in time be good for GAA football. Its the dead opposite. Why would you pay in to watch such one sided stuff. Nightmare stuff.

border Gael (National) - 10/06/2018 17:34:35

Connelly/Holmes - 2 Like(s)
I missed reading the article but I heard all about it. I think that they spilled the beans. Mayo players just don't have the killer instinct to finish the job. By the looks of it they have the egos but not the cup.

border Gael (National) - 21/12/2016 22:48:12

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried? - 2 Like(s)
Ulster semi final today is also a total miss match. Dublin are brilliant for themselves but the fact that they have gone so far ahead of everyone else in football is really going to be the death of GAA football. No one else has the resources to compete with that.

border Gael (National) - 10/06/2018 17:39:03