Monaghan Forum

We've mastered the Ulster teams but more is needed

(Oldest Posts First)

At this stage after over 2 years under Malachy's reign and especially givene the results in the League this year I think its fair to say Monaghan have mastered the art of beating the Ulster teams..We are probably the best team in Ulster right now and have shown we can beat the Donegal's, the Tyrones, the Derrys. However where does this team want to go?? Now we really need to be looking upwards and aiming to reach the level of Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Cork. We arent far away but we need to step it up again and reach that level just like Donegal did a few years back and also last year. As I say, Monaghan have now mastered Ulster but now its time to mix it with the REAL big boys

anbhoth15 (Monaghan) - Posts: 103 - 15/03/2015 21:43:20    1703150

Link

Agreed An Both. We should have got the win against Cork, but I think we have a golden opportunity against Dublin or kerry. A lot of players will have experience of Kilarney in the league from a few years ago, and I feel we can pull off a victory this time around. Also I think we owe the Dubs one. Definitely beatable in Clones. We may as well write the Mayo game off as a bad day at the office all around. Have to say the discipline was noticeably better yesterday.

supermon (Monaghan) - Posts: 1071 - 16/03/2015 09:38:19    1703194

Link

An bhoth we could get a wicked surprise v cavan or armagh or Tyrone in ulster this year so a little early for to say we mastered ulster teams as ulster is a mine field as we all know imo

prideof85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 762 - 16/03/2015 10:20:10    1703224

Link

Agree pride. Obviously on any given day we could be beaten but in the main I think we are at a comfortable level in Ulster and have the measure of all teams. But it really is time to push on now I feel

anbhoth15 (Monaghan) - Posts: 103 - 16/03/2015 10:43:16    1703247

Link