Limerick Forum

Intermediate hurling

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

How did lynch play for feohanagh today?

MAGPIE22 (Limerick) - Posts: 90 - 24/10/2015 21:34:17    1801764

Link

I think Feohanagh will be very disappointed. They were well on top and could have been more than 7 points up with 2 real goal chances going abegging. Was surprised to see with some of the decisions from the ref A stonewall foul on Noonan which went un punished and went back down for a free to cappamre. Thats a 2 point turn around and when one considers fIrst cappamore goal came from the keeper dropping a howler the game was far closer than the score line suggests. Well done to Cappamore though it was a good come back with 2 top class points in first half that any senior would be proud off as well as a well taken goal after a feohanagh goal that would have been a sucker punch to many other teams. I think Feohanagh need a bit of maturity that will bring consistency. They will definitely feel it is one that got away. No doubt in my mind though that the two best teams went up and Id expect both to be premier for a while.

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 723 - 25/10/2015 12:19:04    1801796

Link

Senior
NAP 5
K'Mallock 4
P'Well, Adare, Ahane 3
Murroe 2
S Liberties, Effin, Bruff, Croom 1
Doon, Ballybrown had none

Thanks mantle for that....strange that either Doon or Ballybrown had no representation. That will surely change for Doon with Limk 21s performance this year

hurler90 (Limerick) - Posts: 185 - 25/10/2015 18:32:36    1801852

Link

Congrats to Cappamore. I think they just deserved it in the end. Maybe the extra game v Glenroe didn't help F/C, and an extra week rest would have helped. Saying that though Cappamore deserved it on the day. I thought Lynch was outstanding again as was Flanagan, I think TJ will definitely be on the phone to both. I saw another post say about maturity of the team and they might be spot on for that. This defeat might be better long term as it will drive them on next year, main objective of promotion meet and fair play to all involved. A third promotion in a row that would be some achievement! Congrats to Drom on a deadly win showed great heart to win that and best of luck to them in Munster. Two best teams gone up in Interm division.

HonLimk (Limerick) - Posts: 39 - 26/10/2015 09:19:55    1801902

Link

Well done to cappamore on a great win. East Limerick hurling not looking to bad at the moment with cappamore murroe doon ahane competing well. Also pallasgreen Very unlucky to come down from premier intermidate some very good young players coming through in the club should be winning a county next year.

Southwest (Limerick) - Posts: 49 - 28/10/2015 17:54:16    1802706

Link

Well done to cappamore on a great win. East Limerick hurling not looking to bad at the moment with cappamore murroe doon ahane competing well. Also pallasgreen Very unlucky to come down from premier intermidate some very good young players coming through in the club should be winning a county next year.

Southwest (Limerick) - Posts: 49 - 28/10/2015 18:06:02    1802711

Link

Not a bad year for the west;

Hurling 1 Junior A County Title, Beat in Junior b and Intermediate County Finals.
Please see below.

Hurling
Junior b hurling Ballingarry narrowly lost by 2 points in the county final to Monaleen.
Junior A hurling Dromcollogher Broadford beat Na Piarsaigh in the county final.
Intermediate Hurling Feohanagh were beat my Cappamore in the county final, But still gained promotion to intermediate premier.
Intermediate Premier Ballingarry Unlucky not to make county Quarter Finals.
Senior Adare beat in County Semi Final.

Football 1 Junior A County Title, 1 Senior County Title (All west county Final) & Junior b (Potential) county title.
Please see below.

Football
Junior B Football Knockaderry in county semi final vs fedamore.
Junior A Football Cappagh won the county final vs Galtee Gaels.
Intermediate Football St Senans beat in county semi final by eventual winners Oola
Senior Football Newcastle west Beat Dromcollogher Broadford in county final.

Regards,
Redcow

redcow (Limerick) - Posts: 73 - 30/10/2015 10:39:34    1803048

Link

Redcow football will always be ok in the west. Hurling is in a v poor state. One stay that undoes your entire post is that the All Ireland winning U 21 team didn't even have ONE player from the West on it. If you go through all county hurling panels the division with the poorest representation on EVERY SINGLE one of them is the west.

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 723 - 30/10/2015 16:26:54    1803192

Link

Welpastit,

1 Junior A County Title, Ballingarry only Beat in Junior b County Final by 2 points and Feohanagh through away Intermediate County Final.
1/5 titles in all divisions is poor but unlucky not to have 3/5 county titles infairness.

West representatives for U/21
Mark O'Callaghan (Knockaderry), Sean Flanagan (Feohanagh-Castlemahon), Jody Hannon (Adare), David Condron (Granagh-Ballingarry), Liam O'Sullivan (Knockaderry), Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh-Castlemahon) & Jamie Butler on extended panel. That is 7 players involved. Mark O'Callaghan was there or there abouts all year but suffered hamstring injury early in the year but still came on in the all ireland final.

Regards,
redcow

redcow (Limerick) - Posts: 73 - 02/11/2015 09:11:39    1803608

Link

Come off it redcow. We all know who were subs on U 21 team. Fact is not one player from west started on U 21 team in semi or in final. Not one from the entire division. Of those you name on O Callaghan and Sean Flanagan got any meaningful game time and flanagan only came on ( and did well on a player name on U 21 team of year) cos Hegarty got injured. final was well won when Hannon made a cameo and while I don't want to speak ill of o Callaghan I doubt many would have him before Finn. You can talk about winning div 4 and nearly winning div 5 but the west is biggest division and has smallest representation in every single county panel. That a very telling statistic.

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 723 - 02/11/2015 14:37:18    1803751

Link

Welpastit,

Limerick Senior Hurling panel "west" representatives 2015:
Declan Hannon, John Fitzgibbon, Wayne McNamara (all Adare),Tom Condon (Knockaderry),Donal O'Grady (Granagh-Ballingarry; capt)

Limerick Senior Hurling "West" Captains.
2015 Donal O'Grady Ballingarry
2014 Donal O'Grady Ballingarry
2013 Donal O'Grady Ballingarry
2009 Mark Foley Adare
2003 Mark Foley Adare
2002 Mark Foley Adare

I hope to see more west limerick players on the limerick senior panel in 2016, I feel the talent is there just to be developed.

Regards,
redcow

redcow (Limerick) - Posts: 73 - 03/11/2015 12:56:42    1803995

Link

Welpastit

Whilst it's hard to find anything factually incorrect in what you have posted, I am disappointed with the apparent disdain in which you refer to West Limerick hurling. Having no starter on the all Ireland winning u21 team is hardly a validation of your view point. There were 4 regular starters on the senior team ( O Grady, Condon, Hannon, McNamara,) Unless Adare are no longer considered a west team, or McNamara a starter!
Regardless, there are many proud hurling clubs in West Limerick. Many of which are small clubs who despite their size compete admirably year in year out. They may not enjoy the same level of success as some of their counterparts in other parts of the county, but I feel you underestimate their contribution.

Personally, I don't think you should be so hard on us. We're trying as hard as everyone else. Ultimately,it's not about, West and South or East and City. It's about Limerick as a whole. Perhaps it's our lack of unity that holds us back as a county,,,just saying!!

Aristotle (Limerick) - Posts: 15 - 03/11/2015 17:30:42    1804151

Link

Aristotle I too am from west limerick. I don't post in disdain I post in the hope that no one is lulled into a false sense of accomplishment by the nonsense posted by red cow. I post in the hope that the west board county board and others can be persuaded by those of us west club members who live in the real world and who know the precarious state of the game in our division. You totally misunderstood my point.

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 723 - 03/11/2015 17:58:15    1804165

Link