Leitrim Forum

Club Managers 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Any notion when club fixtures will be available? I know championship is free to start once counties interest in all Ireland is over, which to be candid will be the day after the connacht semi.

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 09/05/2021 23:45:23    2340835

Link

Take it nothing will be released this month anyway, just curious to know will there be league or any competitive action at all next month, I get the idea of the split season but no club game whatsoever until county finished is just rubbish, other counties have set fixtures or so i am told

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 20/05/2021 14:57:42    2343673

Link

I think there should be club league starting next month. Play it without county players. Could they put by laws in place that for this year only with no relegation in the league as it's played without county players but still promote 2 teams in each division. It gives all teams competitive football. Then in 2022 they can play full league with county players and have 4 teams relegated and 2 promoted to get the league Back to the 8 team format that it's currently in. Running a shield comp is a waste of time and teams going all over the country playing challenge games isn't the best idea at the moment either. I think this idea would be well supported by players especially teams in div 2-3 who won't be close to winning a championship but would have eyes on promotion in the league.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 20/05/2021 15:39:57    2343688

Link

agree there should be league next month, has the shield been ran in recent years? seems to be a competition for experimenting with different lineups and tactics but in these times any football is football and if it gives a trophy and an excuse for a session (restrictions permitting) all the better.
regarding promotion/ relegation i think this should be in place because it just gives the gaa the powers to call them off if there is any small spike in cases as nothing is at stake, we need to get back to normal

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 21/05/2021 14:49:44    2343927

Link

Is the county boards hand not tied in this instance? I thought the GAA haf a rule this year that club games cannot take place until the county in question has exited the championship later in the summer. Is it not a county first then club after season this year?

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 491 - 21/05/2021 18:47:04    2344001

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Is the county boards hand not tied in this instance? I thought the GAA haf a rule this year that club games cannot take place until the county in question has exited the championship later in the summer. Is it not a county first then club after season this year?"
Is it? The likes of Dublin have posted league tables and likely gonna play them without County players, as they do most of their league games, I know we don't have Dublins pick but surely no club relies on County players to field whatever about winning things

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 21/05/2021 23:54:21    2344086

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Is the county boards hand not tied in this instance? I thought the GAA haf a rule this year that club games cannot take place until the county in question has exited the championship later in the summer. Is it not a county first then club after season this year?"
I think you can play games without county players until the county team exists the championship

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 22/05/2021 20:48:12    2344297

Link

Replying To Champotime18:  "I think you can play games without county players until the county team exists the championship"
Sounds fair enough. Just a pity we could not agree to that and set days as players will make plans of they do not know of any fixtures they need to be around for, quite unfair on players to expect to keep the whole of July and August free for when we might get to play games

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 25/05/2021 19:13:37    2345469

Link

Replying To gaelsboy:  "Sounds fair enough. Just a pity we could not agree to that and set days as players will make plans of they do not know of any fixtures they need to be around for, quite unfair on players to expect to keep the whole of July and August free for when we might get to play games"
Agree 100% especially after the last 14 months players deserve to be able to plan and have some kind of an enjoyable summer. Fixtures should be out weeks ago especially that they know it's a straight knock out against mayo so they know now when the club champ can start. Other counties have the fixtures done.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 29/05/2021 22:21:06    2346399

Link

Replying To Champotime18:  "Agree 100% especially after the last 14 months players deserve to be able to plan and have some kind of an enjoyable summer. Fixtures should be out weeks ago especially that they know it's a straight knock out against mayo so they know now when the club champ can start. Other counties have the fixtures done."
Fixtures were agreed over the weekend, first round of club league on weekend 19/20th July

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 31/05/2021 10:58:38    2346838

Link

Any notion when the actual fixtures will be available? Apparently there's only line 5 games per tea m so dunno what way the leagues were split up, the old divs 1 to 4 I believe? The ladies have theirs up

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 247 - 09/06/2021 23:41:21    2349307

Link