Donegal Forum

Donegal Buncrana Cup (U-16'S), U-17'S And U-20'S 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To eunans4ever:  "You not going to answer ?"
Ha Ha judge Eunans.....if I felt the need I would but u don't offer much apart from being an eejit in an outlandish or troll capacity. I think most knowledgeable and respected posters here relate to what I am said. You of which are neither my friend.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 13/07/2019 21:14:55    2210387

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Ha Ha judge Eunans.....if I felt the need I would but u don't offer much apart from being an eejit in an outlandish or troll capacity. I think most knowledgeable and respected posters here relate to what I am said. You of which are neither my friend."
Was Cleary a poor comment so as you can't explain why u said it

I won't respond to the childish name calling - very respectful

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1175 - 14/07/2019 09:59:10    2210551

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "Was Cleary a poor comment so as you can't explain why u said it

I won't respond to the childish name calling - very respectful"
It was not a poor comment and does not need to be explained as it is what it is, the comment explains it. In terms of being respectful I don't really respect much of anything you have got to say. It is not the first time I have blatantly ignored you here. You offer little bar baiting respected forum posters continuously and offer no real insight. It is somewhat ironic u mention the word childish being the forum troll.

On a separate note we got a snapshot of what Oisin Gallen can do today. There is no doubt he would have made a significant impact for the under twenties. Similarly James Conlon could not play with his age group. Just shows this rule is a poor one.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 14/07/2019 18:50:54    2210880

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "It was not a poor comment and does not need to be explained as it is what it is, the comment explains it. In terms of being respectful I don't really respect much of anything you have got to say. It is not the first time I have blatantly ignored you here. You offer little bar baiting respected forum posters continuously and offer no real insight. It is somewhat ironic u mention the word childish being the forum troll.

On a separate note we got a snapshot of what Oisin Gallen can do today. There is no doubt he would have made a significant impact for the under twenties. Similarly James Conlon could not play with his age group. Just shows this rule is a poor one."
James Conlon was not eligible for u20s this year. You should check your facts before posting.

HEREBENJI (Donegal) - Posts: 396 - 15/07/2019 13:02:54    2211324

Link

Replying To HEREBENJI:  "James Conlon was not eligible for u20s this year. You should check your facts before posting."
Yes I was misinformed from podcast I heard during the week. But good to know you took time out of ur day to point this out. Not petty much are we Benji?

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 15/07/2019 15:47:24    2211417

Link

Replying To HEREBENJI:  "James Conlon was not eligible for u20s this year. You should check your facts before posting."
Think he has trouble with facts

Can't explain why he says their was bias

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1175 - 15/07/2019 15:51:59    2211420

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "Think he has trouble with facts

Can't explain why he says their was bias"
Maybe I do have trouble with facts but in this case benji had me covered by conducting his own fact finding mission at 20 past 1 in the morning on the main forum. By this I am forever grateful that he would go to such lengths at such an hour.

The historical comment is a notion held by many people belonging to alot of clubs especially in the northerly parts of the county. Tales of players thought to have the talent but either getting ignored or feelings of not being made feel very welcome when invited to trials was common enough in the nineties and early noughties when I was growing up. I am sure there are people better placed than me to comment on this on the forum and there could be an element of high stool talk too. But I do remember seeing players not involved with the county and wondering why.

Of course given ur name here eunans it was probably something that did not effect you. Plus maybe the above is not factual enough for u but then I am not too bothered if it is or not. I mean why would I be when it seems ur reason for being here is not really to discuss but to trawl various threads making snide comments like a bothered bumblebee. It's a bit sad really even if it humours me to think someone would go on this way.

Anyways going back to what the thread is actually about. Looking forward I hope there are people with influence who can guide the county board to get the right people in place. If our senior set up are changing the way we play the same should apply for the underage teams.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 19/07/2019 18:07:29    2213251

Link

Gary Mc Daid is a top class man whom many counties would be glad to have.

neutral (None) - Posts: 298 - 19/07/2019 21:23:03    2213311

Link

Replying To neutral:  "Gary Mc Daid is a top class man whom many counties would be glad to have."
Not against him staying like I said. The management were not to blame against Fermanagh unlike the minor side.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 19/07/2019 23:18:14    2213363

Link

No joy for the Ulster teams at the weekend although Tyrone's U-20s went close despite being down to 14 for the last quarter.Cork were very impressive in their hammering of Kerry.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 698 - 30/07/2019 23:10:29    2218945

Link

Replying To gunman:  "No joy for the Ulster teams at the weekend although Tyrone's U-20s went close despite being down to 14 for the last quarter.Cork were very impressive in their hammering of Kerry."
Got to see a few of the games but only the Monaghan minors in terms of the Ulster teams involved. I actually quite fancied Tyrone despite Cork's big win over Kerry. From what I read going down to 14 was a game changer. Given the Mayo game is on Saturday and I will be in transit I probably won't see much of the final. Hard to be overly excited about it given the teams involved. For Dublin it is another competition that gives them a distinct advantage with its rulings. If Dermot Connolly, Bernard Brogan and Rory O'Carroll are not or just about making the Dublin 26 they certainly can afford to leave their under twenties with that squad when most other counties cannot including ourselves and Kerry. Cork are poorly supported by their own and hurling gets precedence. I did see the Dublin semi final and they were completely dominant for the majority against a very disappointing Galway side.

Disappointing showing from the Ulster minor champions Monaghan who got beat out the gate. Having seen a few of the sides up close it reminded me of the unpredictability topsy turvy nature of the grade. Thought the Leinster teams were quite strong and in truth Dublin were much the better side against Mayo but cannot expect to win a game conceding 5 goals. Seen Galway get well beaten by Meath in challenge couple of months ago yet Galway are in semi final. From a Donegal perspective if we get the right people in place this years minors can win Ulster at under 20. Alot of the Donegal players have lots of physical development to do even compared to teams I saw at the weekend.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 31/07/2019 22:44:59    2219272

Link

You're right Panamasam getting the right people in place will be the biggest challenge, be a disaster if minor management of last 2 years are involved at U 20 level.

erneboys (Fermanagh) - Posts: 47 - 01/08/2019 09:49:55    2219327

Link

Replying To erneboys:  "You're right Panamasam getting the right people in place will be the biggest challenge, be a disaster if minor management of last 2 years are involved at U 20 level."
Surely surely not erne?

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 02/08/2019 01:10:21    2219626

Link

There's nothing but positives said about Michael Boyle's training since he came in with Gaoth Dobhair. Seeing as he has recent experience with the senior set up as well he seems like he'd be a good fella to target for anyone taking on the 17s/20s next year.

Goitse (Donegal) - Posts: 43 - 02/08/2019 19:29:24    2219870

Link

Replying To Goitse:  "There's nothing but positives said about Michael Boyle's training since he came in with Gaoth Dobhair. Seeing as he has recent experience with the senior set up as well he seems like he'd be a good fella to target for anyone taking on the 17s/20s next year."
Good shout there Goiste. Believe it or not I was thinking the same thing earlier randomly. Very well spoke of and surely could offer plenty as part of a backroom team.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2479 - 02/08/2019 20:39:07    2219889

Link