Westmeath Forum

Popular Posts from jobber

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

The Team You LOVE To Beat The Most In Hurling And Football - 14 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Westmeath, can never beat them enough or by enough. And obviously dubs. After that I'd put Kildare. Nice rivalry in 80s and 90s with cork."
East Midhe in Both codes the poor lost souls have never recovered their sense of balance after our province being broken up By the Brits 500 years ago and their part being on the east coast away from Midhe and being part of the anglo ridden pale.We are fed up beating them in hurling and now are just as good in football with a third of the population.

jobber (National) - 16/07/2020 07:55:54

Promotion Of Mcdonagh Cup And Proposed Tier 2 Football - 11 Like(s)
The GAA have a great hurling competition in the Joe Mcdonagh cup with high quality competitive games where any of the participants could win or be relegated to Christy Ring. So what do they do with it give it, no TV coverage and play almost all the matches at 3pm on Saturday when a huge amount of people are working. Simply a joke. Football fans should remember that these are the counties ranked 11-15.Imagine the care they will give football ranked 17-33.

jobber (National) - 24/04/2019 07:50:37

The Team You LOVE To Beat The Most In Hurling And Football - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Meath10:  "Senior Hurling titles in last 5 years: An Mhi - 3 Iarmhi - 2 ;)"
Always a division below us ye havent beaten us competitively in at least a decade maybe two last match Mcdonagh cup 2018 4-24 to 2-18 sums up the difference in standard even though in East Midhe ye have a lot more hurling clubs

jobber (National) - 16/07/2020 19:03:18

Should The GAA Campaign For A United Meath? - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Htaem:  "No, infact I think we should build a wall to keep them savages from the west out....and make them pay for it of course."
That's what happened East Meath were the loyal servants of the crown giving them their royal title while they poured thousands of their troops in their efforts to control the patriots in the WEST. We will have nothing to do with the collaborators not then not now and never and moreover they can't hurl

jobber (National) - 19/04/2019 21:50:55

Galway V Limerick - 6 Like(s)

Replying To updwell:  "Any time it got physical on Sunday ye either dived on the ground or would couldn't stand up to the challenge. The Galway team is on Limericks radar now and they'll be ready for the diving, holding and sly cowardly belts . I always liked Galway and thought they played proper hurling but after Sunday I wonder what the likes of Sylvie would think of the bawling and roaring every time ye were touched- must be embarrassing for the county."
As a neutral who loves the great game it was good that Kiely apologised. The Limerick supporters on here should remember the wonderful sportsmanship of the Galway team and supporters after losing the final in 2018 and last year's semi final even after their greatest player was injured in a definite no simulation situation.

jobber (National) - 18/05/2021 21:55:55

Hats Off To Antrim County Board And Footballers - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Canuck:  "Jobber let me understand what is or what was expected of Waterford so may be I can understand better the accusations , name calling, blame for the other chain of events that are attributed on here to what happened. They should have gone and played match as scheduled said nothing ? The players who were told should have accepted their fate of not been allowed to return to work ? The whole group should have accepted that they would be going into isolation affecting scores of families when returning ? Which basically is the same think no-one working either. Is that a reasonably expectation of all involved ? Through a source involved I asked the question was this just a case of not wanting to travel and play the games. The answer was there was enthusiasm about going to play this game from all before the consequences were given. May be everyone is lying. It does not make any difference what I would say on here to some of the posters and god bless all for their opinions. However what I find disgusting is the expansion of the discussion into attacking of my patriotism but worse still of my county. Again it is only a football game and I hope all are as interested about the success of football in Waterford and Antrim. But even more important the lives of people because of this virus."
You are now being hysterical. My assertion is that Waterford, Leitrim and Longford have damaged the unity of the association by their solo runs. Its nothing to do with patriotism the other two counties weren't going North indeed one set of idiots could have had a glorified challenge match at home to prepare for the championship. Waterford footballers played in Dundalk today in one of the highest Covid counties in the Republic. Do the companies in Waterford have no worries about this.

jobber (National) - 24/10/2020 20:55:51

Brendan Murtagh - 5 Like(s)
Brendan Murtagh after fifteen years service to Westmeath hurling announced his retirement today. A wonderful servant to Westmeath and hurling in general. Thanks for all the entertainment Brendan

jobber (National) - 02/07/2017 18:38:51

Westmeath Hurlers 2021 - 4 Like(s)
To all our Westmeath hurlers let today be the day we bring Joe Mcdonagh to the heart of Ireland . Let it be the day we express ourselves in Croke Park and give 110% of everything we have. Iarmhi Abu

jobber (Westmeath) - 17/07/2021 10:36:00

It Will Be 21 Years Since Meath Won Sam - 4 Like(s)

Replying To MesAmis:  "Here's to 21 more ;)"
And so say all of us

jobber (National) - 03/09/2019 18:26:53

Can the GAA withstand the PR from other sports? - 4 Like(s)
Great twenty four hours.Soccer crowd showed up as complete mullackers and rugby crowd as small fry

jobber (National) - 15/11/2017 18:06:05

Should The GAA Campaign For A United Meath? - 4 Like(s)

Replying To bdbuddah:  "Meath got the Royal title from when Tara was the capital of old Gaelic Ireland."
Not at all a myth created by East Meath propaganda the Royal was for the part of the province of Meath known as the pale totally subservient to the Royal forces. Westmeath was the home of the patriot Irish fighting the occupation. Its a simple historical fact that's unbearable for ye to admit. And let nobody be in doubt that any supposed merger will like the diocese have its capital in Mullingar.

jobber (National) - 22/04/2019 08:49:25

Speedy Recovery Graham Geraghty - 4 Like(s)
Graham broke our hearts many times especially in 2001 in that All Ireland Quarter final. He was a magnificent footballer one of the best a speedy recovery Graham from your Maroon and White friends of whom they are many.

jobber (National) - 30/10/2020 21:48:33

Westmeath Hurling 2020 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To locklanegale:  "Agreed. Whatever chance Westmeath have if keeping the score down in the confined space in Mullingar they are very exposed on a big open pitch. At the end of the day this team is not near up to the standard of division 1, Tipp eased up once they were out of sight as did all opponents to date. The most worrisome aspect is that once again there was a complete reliance on frees for scores, 4 points from play in over 70 minutes of play is an appalling statistic."
Cork scored four times from play last week in Mullingar where were your comments then.Laois have been eight years in division 1 and it stood to them in Mcdonagh in 2019.Our guys have to learn and with a small squad we will be very prone to a number of injuries like we have now.We desperately need to get our best team out in two weeks.If you have nothing positive to say about A hugely committed group why don't you concentrate on Wexford or are they doing too well for you.

jobber (Westmeath) - 23/02/2020 19:55:15

Wicklow Footballers Hit 47 Points - 3 Like(s)

Replying To mrme:  "why would you even post that? no need to rub it into kilkenny and yes well done to them for fielding a team i hope your senior team dont get such a beaten in the near to distant furture"
Every need to rub it into a county which is non GAA only interested in hurling and glory. Kilkenny is not a GAA county its a hurling county at odds with the aims of the association. Let me remind you Kilkenny has a bigger population than Laois, Offaly or Westmeath all three of whom are proper GAA counties promoting both coses.

jobber (National) - 08/05/2019 00:59:48

Should The GAA Campaign For A United Meath? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "I'd be all for it. Would make for a decent hurling team too. Meath hurling will get much stronger over the next 20 years. Not sure about westmeath. So bring it on. We might lose to the Dubs by 5 rather then 10."
Ok Let the negotiations begin as with the churches the capital must be in Mullingar. Pairc Tailteann will be sold so we build a proper stadium in our united Meath as i explaned to another poor post soul Midhe means middle so all major facilities to Mullingar. All the Mcentees with their wood burning obsession would have to be expelled.

jobber (National) - 12/05/2019 22:11:51

Westmeath Footballers 2020 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To BigSur:  "Great win for sure but Laois surprisingly very poor. Five changes from the WH team that started v Roscommon in March. Great to see Gonoud and Holloway back. Daly, Heslin and O'Toole continuing their super club form. Didn't get to see all of it but did Maguire play at FB and Wallace at CHB ? Heslin seemed to be roaming. Ger Egan held back to help injury recovery I assume. As already mentioned, would liked to have seen Gardiner get a run but good to see young Kelly come and get a nice point. No scores for Loughlin but lots or running and well involved. Great to be still in contention for promotion going into the final round. Ros are as good as there so a 3 horse race with Armagh (away to Clare) and Cavan (away to Kildare tomorrow and then home to Ros). Not a bad day with wins in camogie and minor hurling."
A super day for Westmeath. The critics of Iarmhi TV should get on to the GAA about the totally inferior product they produced yesterday especially in the first half. I though our Lads were far hungrier than Laois and all fifteen starters made a contribution. The smart ass slagging off Dessie is one sad case. Dolans contribution to Westmeath has been magnificent. The Camogie girls are amazing what a win in Limerick.

jobber (Westmeath) - 18/10/2020 06:58:52

Should The GAA Campaign For A United Meath? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To bdbuddah:  "It's you that believes in myths. Meath got its name based on Tara being the capital of Gaelic Ireland. Also originally the seat of the Meath Bishop was the monastery in Clonard (in County Meath), then when the Normans set up the town of Trim it was moved to Trim (again in county Meath). Later it moved to Navan (again in County Meath, this is why St. Finians diocesan college was originally based in Navan). The seat of the Meath diocess was only moved to Mullingar because Navan was a very strong Parnellite town and the Bishop at the time was anti Parnell during the split in the Irish parlamentery party."
To hell with Parnell and all you Anglo loving East Meathers long live the patriots of Westmeath and you still can't hurl

jobber (National) - 22/04/2019 22:36:33

Hats Off To Antrim County Board And Footballers - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Canuck:  "Waterford have befriend Antrim for ever and I am sure that will continue. You choose to ignore the facts. Waterford players were told they could not return to work if they went to Portglenone and would have to go into isolation. Now you turn it on me saying I should be ashamed for politicalizing it. I have never politicized any topic on this forum and did not on this subject either. That was done by others who stated Waterford were partitionists. I refereed to the 6 counties as N.I. because of this accusation. Grow up. It is only a football match and I am sure many of the people shouting off here could not give a sh-t about the status of football in lowly 4th division 31st ranked Waterford or Antrim either. We will probably be out of the championship by next week, forgotten about and you will have moved on to some hobby horse. I will not indulge in calling names and making derogatory statements about any person or county on the whole island of Ireland. Thank you again Antrim and I wish you all the best with both your football and hurling. You are a gem in the crown of the GAA. The same to all the Ulster teams."
Much of what you say is true Canuck but what you are ignoring is that Letrim,Longford and Waterfords actions have consequences for the rest of us.Do you think none of the Westmeath hurlers dont have work problems?The reality is we are all in this together or we should give it up.I grant you the Letrim county councillor looking for notice started this.

jobber (National) - 24/10/2020 10:46:44

Leinster SFC draw 2020: semi-final draw not made yet - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "Meath avoid Kildare and Dublin again. This gives use a realistic chance of making the leinster final. If we are lucky enough to make it, hopefully Andy rests his first 15 for the 4th round qualifier to come after."
I'd say he couldn't rest his first fifteen against Kilkenny

jobber (National) - 07/10/2019 13:24:01

Hurlers 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Brendan Murtagh retireed today thanks Brendan for all you have done for the maroon shirt

jobber (Westmeath) - 02/07/2017 18:40:11