Clare Forum

Joining A GAA Club In Late 30S! / Parish Rule??

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi

Ive recently moved to Clare/bought a house and will be settling here. Just wondering if the parish rule applies in Clare , I want to play a bit of Junior B football but the club in my parish doesnt have a junior B football team and a club just outside my parish does (this club is closer to my house than the club in my parish). Is it ok to join the latter club?

Also, I havent played football since playing in my local 'street leagues' in my local club in 1992 as a 9 year old! How uncommon is it joining a club (properly) in one's late 30s?!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

newtoclare (Clare) - Posts: 2 - 01/08/2020 23:59:29    2286079

Link

Replying To newtoclare:  "Hi

Ive recently moved to Clare/bought a house and will be settling here. Just wondering if the parish rule applies in Clare , I want to play a bit of Junior B football but the club in my parish doesnt have a junior B football team and a club just outside my parish does (this club is closer to my house than the club in my parish). Is it ok to join the latter club?

Also, I havent played football since playing in my local 'street leagues' in my local club in 1992 as a 9 year old! How uncommon is it joining a club (properly) in one's late 30s?!

Thanks in advance for any advice."
I would say that if the Club you are joining doses not field A Football team then you would be entitles to declare for the nearest club to you that do field Football teams do they call it isolation rule ?

To clear it up ring Clare County Board in Clareabbey sure play as long as you can

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 568 - 04/08/2020 12:31:12    2286316

Link

Replying To clooney:  "I would say that if the Club you are joining doses not field A Football team then you would be entitles to declare for the nearest club to you that do field Football teams do they call it isolation rule ?

To clear it up ring Clare County Board in Clareabbey sure play as long as you can"
Cheers

newtoclare (Clare) - Posts: 2 - 04/08/2020 21:42:03    2286388

Link