National Forum

Do you know your club scene??

(Oldest Posts First)

I run a small GAA page on facebook called GAA - For Club and County. It does what it says on the tin, covers matters of national and local importance and general matter pertaining to GAA. I am looking for persons with good local GAA knowledge of their counties club scenes in both football and hurling. We will attempt then to pool our collective knowledge and you never know, win a quid or two. I have had a great response so far. Just need a few more hurling men. Not much of a response from the midlands, parts of Munster and Connacht. If you think you may be interested, private message the page GAA - For Club and County. Thanks

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - Posts: 1138 - 20/04/2017 15:55:18    1981188

Link

Replying To Wicklowman:  "I run a small GAA page on facebook called GAA - For Club and County. It does what it says on the tin, covers matters of national and local importance and general matter pertaining to GAA. I am looking for persons with good local GAA knowledge of their counties club scenes in both football and hurling. We will attempt then to pool our collective knowledge and you never know, win a quid or two. I have had a great response so far. Just need a few more hurling men. Not much of a response from the midlands, parts of Munster and Connacht. If you think you may be interested, private message the page GAA - For Club and County. Thanks"
I assume this page won't be as poor as 99.9% of gaa fan pages on Facebook?? I'm totally against supporter ran Facebook pages as they are full of bias and some of the language from their 'followers' is way over the top. If this isn't one of those pages... then good luck with it.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 21/04/2017 14:23:26    1981470

Link

Replying To Wicklowman:  "I run a small GAA page on facebook called GAA - For Club and County. It does what it says on the tin, covers matters of national and local importance and general matter pertaining to GAA. I am looking for persons with good local GAA knowledge of their counties club scenes in both football and hurling. We will attempt then to pool our collective knowledge and you never know, win a quid or two. I have had a great response so far. Just need a few more hurling men. Not much of a response from the midlands, parts of Munster and Connacht. If you think you may be interested, private message the page GAA - For Club and County. Thanks"
I guess a good example of what you are maybe trying is like We Are Dublin - facebook/website/twitter the Dublin club and county information is spot on and relevant across all GAA codes and comment is very well controlled.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4893 - 21/04/2017 15:25:19    1981496

Link

Replying To arock:  "I guess a good example of what you are maybe trying is like We Are Dublin - facebook/website/twitter the Dublin club and county information is spot on and relevant across all GAA codes and comment is very well controlled."
know the two lads who run we are dublin. great guys.. no ego, no doing it for the likes and attention like so many other dublin and indeed gaa social media accounts who do it for all the attention. People with no lives, no kids, just a dublin gaa page to get their sad little kicks ..

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 21/04/2017 17:14:11    1981527

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I assume this page won't be as poor as 99.9% of gaa fan pages on Facebook?? I'm totally against supporter ran Facebook pages as they are full of bias and some of the language from their 'followers' is way over the top. If this isn't one of those pages... then good luck with it."
One look at it Wayno and you'll see it's run like that at all. Very neutral.

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - Posts: 1138 - 21/04/2017 22:39:48    1981587

Link