National Forum

Tired of all the bull

(Oldest Posts First)

At this stage I'm sick of analysing weather reports, watching replays of the Sunday Game (both the live and the evening edition), listening to Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, listening to non-Dubs moaning about Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, reading every gobshite who has ever kicked a ball give his tuppenny's worth about Saturday.
As somebody else said, I'd just like to sleep until Saturday 5pm and get straight into the game.
Having said all that, I am inevitably checking into the likes of Hoganstand to see what people are saying. Anybody else tired of all the bullsh*t.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1974 - 29/09/2016 07:22:47    1920348

Link

You'll miss it when it's all done. Tis a long enough winter after this weekend.

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 29/09/2016 10:33:33    1920403

Link

Replying To Superglue:  "You'll miss it when it's all done. Tis a long enough winter after this weekend."
Sure isn't there club football to concentrate on. I'm sure every Dublin/Mayo supporter will attend their own clubs with the same passion they're trying to attend Croker.

As for the bull the whole Lee Keegan thing is tiresome at this stage.

doratheexplorer (Cavan) - Posts: 1467 - 29/09/2016 10:47:21    1920411

Link

Replying To avonali:  "At this stage I'm sick of analysing weather reports, watching replays of the Sunday Game (both the live and the evening edition), listening to Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, listening to non-Dubs moaning about Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, reading every gobshite who has ever kicked a ball give his tuppenny's worth about Saturday.
As somebody else said, I'd just like to sleep until Saturday 5pm and get straight into the game.
Having said all that, I am inevitably checking into the likes of Hoganstand to see what people are saying. Anybody else tired of all the bullsh*t."
Not a bit. As Superglue says we'll have feck all to talk about for the next few months, from November on anyways.

Straight in to the senior game no ceremonies or minor match. The atmosphere under lights on Saturday will be unreal. The craic and banter before, during and after the game will be mighty. Will be one of the best nights in Dublin in a long time.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 7345 - 29/09/2016 10:54:51    1920416

Link

I've honestly never known a buildup to an All-Ireland final like it: it will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like inside the ground on Saturday.

As an aside, I reckon Dublin v. Mayo is easily the bitterest GAA rivalry right now, from the players to fans and everyone in between!

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2208 - 29/09/2016 10:55:36    1920418

Link

Its great crack before the long winter months settle in.

witnof (Dublin) - Posts: 1604 - 29/09/2016 10:56:02    1920419

Link

Exactly Superglue, enjoy the banter cause it mightn't happen again for a few years. Has Lee Keegan ever been sent off in championship football??? This man does what he likes haha.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 29/09/2016 11:04:17    1920422

Link

Yep, but wait till it's over and then you'll get some real high grade class a sh1t talking. The real bickering lies ahead.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2312 - 29/09/2016 11:13:51    1920427

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Exactly Superglue, enjoy the banter cause it mightn't happen again for a few years. Has Lee Keegan ever been sent off in championship football??? This man does what he likes haha."
Yeah two years ago when he swung a harmless kick in the general direction of a Kerry lad. Them kinds of sending off are a thing of the past though, I hear you can punch a lad a few times in the face now and get away with it. Once the lawyers got involved there will be no more red cards. The GAA are afraid of a lawsuit for wrongful dismissal!

Llaw_Gyffes (Mayo) - Posts: 1113 - 29/09/2016 11:35:44    1920435

Link

avonali i have been tired of the bullshit for a long time and a lot of it on here too.

the overall problem is sports journalism is an all time low..too many low paid journos spouting shite on an online article rather than a good old fashioned interesting piece in a paper.
as the saying goes pay peanuts you get monkeys

woops (Kerry) - Posts: 2073 - 29/09/2016 13:09:48    1920476

Link

Replying To avonali:  "At this stage I'm sick of analysing weather reports, watching replays of the Sunday Game (both the live and the evening edition), listening to Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, listening to non-Dubs moaning about Dubs moaning about Lee Keegan, reading every gobshite who has ever kicked a ball give his tuppenny's worth about Saturday.
Having said all that, I am inevitably checking into the likes of Hoganstand to see what people are saying. Anybody else tired of all the bullsh*t."
In answer to your question, yes, especially yours.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 1212 - 29/09/2016 17:56:00    1920630

Link

Miaow.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2208 - 29/09/2016 18:16:11    1920640

Link

I think it's been very disrespectful by a number of newspapers running articles about how brogan and Flynn should be dropped. The independent had a picture of Brogan on the top corner of the front page last week. Personally I hope he goes out and gets man of the match and to be honest he may well do that.
It might seem strange to say but Dublin haven't been as good this year and brogan has suffered due to the lack of ball going into him. He's missing mccaffery more than most too.
Personally I hope Dublin win as they are one of the few that try to play football the right way.
All the hype around Keegan is justified also but as a back he's right to push the boundaries. I for one would put Connolly in full forward for 20 mins and test Mayo that way. Quinlivan absolutely destroyed Keegan in the semi final and Dublin should try isolate him at full back. I'm not sure he's as good a defender as he's made out to be.

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 4119 - 01/10/2016 10:56:21    1921038

Link