National Forum

Dublin propaganda

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Lee Keegan is no saint but neither is Diarmuid Connolly. Why so has there been such one sided derogatory commentary from the Dublin camp (which is being fed to the media) re Lee Keegan?

Such rhetoric is surely being put out there with the hope of influencing the referee on Saturday?

If the almighty dubs are so good and unbeatable why resort to this type of ploy?

Ccgall4 (Mayo) - Posts: 21 - 27/09/2016 14:14:49    1919652

Link

Replying To Ccgall4:  "Lee Keegan is no saint but neither is Diarmuid Connolly. Why so has there been such one sided derogatory commentary from the Dublin camp (which is being fed to the media) re Lee Keegan?

Such rhetoric is surely being put out there with the hope of influencing the referee on Saturday?

If the almighty dubs are so good and unbeatable why resort to this type of ploy?"
Because it's true

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 27/09/2016 14:31:22    1919661

Link

Hopefully the ref isn't influenced by it. There is a pair of them in it.

unclegerry (Mayo) - Posts: 1222 - 27/09/2016 14:32:13    1919663

Link

Replying To Ccgall4:  "Lee Keegan is no saint but neither is Diarmuid Connolly. Why so has there been such one sided derogatory commentary from the Dublin camp (which is being fed to the media) re Lee Keegan?

If the almighty dubs are so good and unbeatable why resort to this type of ploy?"
Many of Dublin's former players have been out in the media this week either implying or outright condemning Lee Keegan as the instigator of the incidents between himself and Connolly. They are either unaware or have ignored Connolly's unfavorable disciplinary record relative to Keegan, and are obviously trying to influence the matchday officials through their bully pulpit.

Of course, this is media management and must be countered by the Mayo pundits in the national media-Brady, Padden, McHale etc.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2208 - 27/09/2016 14:43:18    1919667

Link

If we're good enough we'll beat them. Nothing in media or social media will affect the result. Both teams will be fully focussed on winning on Saturday.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 7337 - 27/09/2016 14:47:27    1919671

Link

Replying To Breffni39:  "Because it's true"
As i said Lee Keegan is no saint but it takes two to tango and all that!!! Diarmuid's past actions surely should make him the media's target man if right was right. Can we all just take a moment to remember poor little dermo's unprovoked attack at the Westmeath game?

Its not just Lee Keegan that can get a rise out of him but Lee Keegan is probably the best at it as well as being a fantastic footballer!

Ccgall4 (Mayo) - Posts: 21 - 27/09/2016 14:57:48    1919678

Link

DC can be foolish, but without doubt, its Keegan that instigates this. DC doesnt go out to stop a wing back playing, but Keegan certainly goes out to stop DC playing. In fact, its his only bloody role at the moment it seems. If LK doesnt start this rubbish again on Saturday you can sure DC wont, its not in his interest to .
LK will start it as its the only way Mayo think they have of containing Connolly, by what can only be described as cheating.

Sad really, as LK is a fine player who is being sacrificed for the "greater good!

But if ye cant see the way he bahaves for what it is then theres no telling ye, and if ye cant accept that he is the instigator when everyone in ireland outside of Mayo knows it, then so be it.
This carry on between them is in his interest, not DC's

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 27/09/2016 15:06:34    1919685

Link

You have to laugh at the Mayo lads

Off their heads.

Keegan is getting away with so many yellow cards

He should have been sent off by now, he should have got a black card against Connolly in 2015 - but no Connolly gets sent off

No one is saying that Connolly is a saint, he's not, but Keegan is completely uninterested in playing the ball

It's all about playing the man, Mayo got away with a lot of tackles a couple of weeks ago, it was very like their 2012 antics

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 27/09/2016 15:06:45    1919686

Link

I've come to the conclusion that them Dub lads are as cute as foxes. As my old neighbour used to say 'you couldn't bate them with a stick'. It all started with Senan on Sky. "What's the news from the sideline Senan? "The Dublin management are very annoyed at the late hits going in". Loosely translated this meant that Mayo were beating the s***out of the poor Dubs who were unable to stand up for themselves. Mind you Michael Dara and Kev Mc did a good job of standing up for themselves but no matter the seed had been sown. Next up it was Ciaran on The Sunday Game, looking straight at the camera like Charlie Haughey in one his hair shirt speeches, and telling us that football as we know it would be saved if Lee got a card early on in the replay. I presume what he meant was that Diarmuid could roam the pitch unfettered, kicking points with either foot, Dublin would win handily and normal service would be resumed. Another seed was sown. Mayo are the aggressors and some referee needs to stand up and be a hero, well in Ciarans eyes anyway, before it's too late. A clip of Lee pulling down Diarmuid was added for effect. The fact that there was also a clip available of Diarmuid pulling down Lee seemingly was deemed to be irrelevant. As if that wasn't enough along comes Alan in one of the Sunday papers. In praising Lee, kind of, he manages to say that he goes over the edge of legal from time to time. He also adds that it's the job of the officials to ensure that the game is played inside the rules but that at times Conor Lane let things go. He also saw Lee pull down Diarmuid, not once but twice. I'm sure he meant to add, in the interest of fairness, that he saw Diarmuid pull down Lee, but with deadlines and all that it just didn't make the cut. Not just another seed but the whole feckin lawn. Today we have Paul who goes as far as to suggest that linesmen and umpires should spend the replay trying to catch any indiscretion from Lee and go 'straight telling' to the referee. Drip...drip....drip. I thought at first it was random, now I'm having doubts. Now you can say it's only pundits and who takes heed of them, but remember Brolly and the black card. I don't understand the whole get Lee thing myself. Surely the Dubs have enough confidence in their own ability that they know they'll beat Mayo with or without Lee. Are they just trying to be sure, to be sure and remove any semblance of doubt. Or is there a possibility that maybe, just maybe, there is a little worry somewhere in the back of their minds that this Mayo, unlike other Mayos, won't go away...... nah that can't be it. Can it? As I said, them Dubs, cute as foxes.

Llaw_Gyffes (Mayo) - Posts: 1113 - 27/09/2016 15:11:20    1919688

Link

The levels of paranoia from both sets of fans on here is surely unprecedented?

Bizarre stuff all round.

If both parties truly believe everyone is out to get them then surely it cancels itself out.

Turning into the tinfoil hat final.

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 27/09/2016 15:16:47    1919690

Link

Lol I would do the same thing, no big deal. It doesn't usually matter. I have to laugh at the perception that Keegan fouls Connolly constantly off the ball for 70 minutes every time they meet. People who were at the last few games between the 2 players know that what is being put forward is nonsense.

TheFlaker (Mayo) - Posts: 7885 - 27/09/2016 15:18:49    1919692

Link

Replying To GreenandRed:  "If we're good enough we'll beat them. Nothing in media or social media will affect the result. Both teams will be fully focussed on winning on Saturday."
Exactly, just more of this redicilous misguided bull from those who think their opinion is more influential than it is.
Social media gobsh1tes who think they are the centre of the universe while most of them are just deluding themselves.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2312 - 27/09/2016 15:34:34    1919703

Link

the most ironic thing of all is it seems to me post match they always have a lot of time for each other. I'd say the mutual respect is massive.
Wonder how they got on together with the IRS a few years back

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 27/09/2016 15:37:33    1919707

Link

Replying To Breffni39:  "Because it's true"
That's all that needs to be said.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 27/09/2016 15:38:15    1919708

Link

Replying To TheFlaker:  "Lol I would do the same thing, no big deal. It doesn't usually matter. I have to laugh at the perception that Keegan fouls Connolly constantly off the ball for 70 minutes every time they meet. People who were at the last few games between the 2 players know that what is being put forward is nonsense."
Its not nonsense. I think connolly gets carded for what he does but Keegan flashes us his cheeky grin and gets away with it more often than not. Personally i would live to see Gavin push Dermo up to FF. I think Keegan would struggle out of position plus the two of them would be a lot closer to the officials for babysitting.

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 27/09/2016 15:46:23    1919716

Link

i was at the last game and i saw keegan constantly mess with connolly, its very simple even for mayo fans, keegan is not as good as connolly and has to resort to these measures to stop connolly scoring.
The gaa appoint linesmen and umpires who wear anti blue pigments so thye cannot see anything beyond a massey ferguson.
for the sake of football a blue win is needed

heresam (Dublin) - Posts: 156 - 27/09/2016 15:49:46    1919719

Link

Ask yourselves lads, who does this battle suit more?
The half back or the half forward
Do you think DC wants this nonsense?
Suits LK and Mayo a lot more than is suits DC and Dublin

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 27/09/2016 15:56:49    1919724

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "You have to laugh at the Mayo lads

Off their heads.

Keegan is getting away with so many yellow cards

He should have been sent off by now, he should have got a black card against Connolly in 2015 - but no Connolly gets sent off

No one is saying that Connolly is a saint, he's not, but Keegan is completely uninterested in playing the ball

It's all about playing the man, Mayo got away with a lot of tackles a couple of weeks ago, it was very like their 2012 antics"
Keegan has outscored Connolly over the past four championship meetings between the sides, and Connolly only got his solitary point the last day because Clarke hit his kickout straight to him. Keegan also has seen far less red cards than Connolly in his career. Facts are a bit inconvenient to your narrative, Jimbo.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2208 - 27/09/2016 15:58:48    1919725

Link

dubs embarrassing themselves

gammysolo (Roscommon) - Posts: 9 - 27/09/2016 16:00:44    1919728

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Ask yourselves lads, who does this battle suit more?
The half back or the half forward
Do you think DC wants this nonsense?
Suits LK and Mayo a lot more than is suits DC and Dublin"
Yes, Connolly wants that nonsense. Have a look at the clips below and ask yourself two questions: 1. Who is the instigator? 2. Are Mayo playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBtelSQ0JI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAF0cBfcPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYavk-rLsn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8kzJ0yLcWs

Connolly is just as capable of getting himself in trouble without Lee Keegan around.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 2208 - 27/09/2016 16:03:02    1919729

Link