National Forum

Well done Clare and Tipp

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Fair play to Clare .Some very nice footballers. By a mile the better team, We were very lucky to be beaten by only six.

Best of luck .Hope ye do really well going forward.And Tipp were super also.Well done lads. Great to see, despite my disapointment I wish Clare the very best.And Tipp.

salvador (Roscommon) - Posts: 439 - 23/07/2016 19:02:55    1888631

Link

Replying To salvador:  "Fair play to Clare .Some very nice footballers. By a mile the better team, We were very lucky to be beaten by only six.

Best of luck .Hope ye do really well going forward.And Tipp were super also.Well done lads. Great to see, despite my disapointment I wish Clare the very best.And Tipp."
Fair play to you Salvador. Roscommon had a great league campaign. A second season in division 1 and the bitter disappointments of this year's championship will stand to them in the future.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 23/07/2016 19:13:25    1888652

Link

Remarkable achievement for both Clare and Tipperary!

Firstly, Clare I honestly didn't see ye getting to the last 8 considering the very small football playing pool it's an absolutely phenomenal achievement (it'd be like our hurlers getting to Hurling QF) I was impressed with the honesty and skill ye played with in Killarney after a really bad start with the 2 early goals. Ye were excellent today totally outplayed the Rossies and were much better than the 6 point margin indicated. The only pity was O'Connors unjust red card. It'd be a shame if he missed out (he was excellent in Killarney) as a sporting man I hope 100% ye win the appeal.

Tipperary's success is just as remarkable albeit for different reasons. Having seen Tipp underage sides over the last 6/7 years I knew it'd only be a matter of time before ye would make Last 8. The only surprise is that ye did it without 5/6 top class players like O'Brien, O'Riordan, Codd, Kennedy, Grogan, Lonergan. Hopefully some of those lads will return for next year, while looking at next Sunday I think ye will gave Galway a right rattle in what will be a game for people who love open attacking football

I wonder what the bitters will post this week about Munster Football?

KYTitletown (Kerry) - Posts: 816 - 23/07/2016 19:26:19    1888669

Link

Well done indeed to Tipp and Clare, but lose this provincial bullshit, as I said in another thread, it's about counties and nothing else!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 8591 - 23/07/2016 19:47:52    1888700

Link

Well done to Clare and Tipp, enjoyed both those games today. Thought both sides played sone great football. Great finish to the Tipp and Derry match.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1874 - 23/07/2016 19:54:44    1888713

Link

Both counties are still on for the double as well. One of Galway and Clare will have their double dreams ended tomorrow.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 23/07/2016 20:05:11    1888721

Link

Replying To KYTitletown:  "Remarkable achievement for both Clare and Tipperary!

Firstly, Clare I honestly didn't see ye getting to the last 8 considering the very small football playing pool it's an absolutely phenomenal achievement (it'd be like our hurlers getting to Hurling QF) I was impressed with the honesty and skill ye played with in Killarney after a really bad start with the 2 early goals. Ye were excellent today totally outplayed the Rossies and were much better than the 6 point margin indicated. The only pity was O'Connors unjust red card. It'd be a shame if he missed out (he was excellent in Killarney) as a sporting man I hope 100% ye win the appeal.

Tipperary's success is just as remarkable albeit for different reasons. Having seen Tipp underage sides over the last 6/7 years I knew it'd only be a matter of time before ye would make Last 8. The only surprise is that ye did it without 5/6 top class players like O'Brien, O'Riordan, Codd, Kennedy, Grogan, Lonergan. Hopefully some of those lads will return for next year, while looking at next Sunday I think ye will gave Galway a right rattle in what will be a game for people who love open attacking football

I wonder what the bitters will post this week about Munster Football?"
Tipp for the Double?

liner (Mayo) - Posts: 756 - 23/07/2016 20:16:39    1888730

Link

So kerry will be in an All Ireland semi after beating Clare (presumably ) twice and Tipp? You couldn't make this stuff up.

Condorman (Dublin) - Posts: 983 - 23/07/2016 20:18:24    1888732

Link

Replying To Condorman:  "So kerry will be in an All Ireland semi after beating Clare (presumably ) twice and Tipp? You couldn't make this stuff up."
Yes they'll have to beat top 8 teams three times to reach the semi-final....do Dublin have to do that??

county man (Limerick) - Posts: 1102 - 23/07/2016 20:36:59    1888746

Link

Tipp for the Double?

liner (Mayo) - 23/07/2016 20:1

Along with Clare and Galway too, who would've thought that a few months ago? Although one of Clare or Galway will have their double dreams dashed tomorrow in what will be a very good game of hurling I think.

Dubsfan28 (Dublin) - Posts: 2509 - 23/07/2016 20:56:14    1888771

Link

Replying To Condorman:  "So kerry will be in an All Ireland semi after beating Clare (presumably ) twice and Tipp? You couldn't make this stuff up."
Yeah Kerry having to play 2 QF Teams and the 'Big 3' having had none (will be 1 if Donegal win next Sat) is unbelievable

KYTitletown (Kerry) - Posts: 816 - 23/07/2016 21:18:03    1888801

Link

Yeah it's a joke the way Dublin get to play in croke park in front of partisan crowds against sub standard Leinster teams.

If Dublin fancy swopping into the Munster football championship Tipperary will gladly take their place. We'd get some nice handy matches up our belt ahead of a quarter final.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 23/07/2016 21:23:10    1888805

Link

Replying To county man:  "Yes they'll have to beat top 8 teams three times to reach the semi-final....do Dublin have to do that??"
Ha good point!

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 4119 - 24/07/2016 09:10:05    1888968

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Well done indeed to Tipp and Clare, but lose this provincial bullshit, as I said in another thread, it's about counties and nothing else!"
You're dead right. Someone finally talking sense

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 4119 - 24/07/2016 09:11:34    1888969

Link

Replying To Killarney.87:  "Yeah it's a joke the way Dublin get to play in croke park in front of partisan crowds against sub standard Leinster teams.

If Dublin fancy swopping into the Munster football championship Tipperary will gladly take their place. We'd get some nice handy matches up our belt ahead of a quarter final."
Clare defeated a sub standard tired Laois team by one point and after Laois led for most of the match. Shouldn't label a whole province sub standard.

crikey (Australia) - Posts: 355 - 24/07/2016 09:36:52    1888977

Link

Well done to Clare and Tipp indeed,but something needs to change..

Tipperary had 3 weeks to prepare after losing a provincial championship.Roscommon for example had 6 days.Is it fair that a team who got to a provincial final play 6 or even 7 days later against any team with momentum? Can we not start the championship earlier and have a situation were no team has to play a week later(unless it is a replay)?Even Monaghan only had 6/7 days to prepare after losing a replay to Donegal.The whole system is wrong.I mean do Kerry generally have much to do to get to an All-Ireland semi? Look I'm not blaming any counties here.But surely most have to agree that we can at least get rid of the following week turnaround? I think Meath for example had a 10 week break from league to championship.So we could easily start the championship earlier..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 24/07/2016 09:43:52    1888980

Link

The fact is at the moment Dublin are beating everyone by 10 or 12 points including Kerry the Munster champions. Kerry in turn are beating everyone in Munster by 10 or 12 points.

crikey (Australia) - Posts: 355 - 24/07/2016 09:49:57    1888983

Link

Good win for Tipperary its good to see some of the hard work put in at youth level over the past six odd years paying off. Clare played some good running football that blew Roscommon off their feet.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1780 - 24/07/2016 09:55:20    1888984

Link

Kerry lads are very sensitive when they hear "Soft All Ireland's or easy runs"

Fact is that they'd still have a very impressive tally even if they had of been in Ulster or Leinster or Connacht because they have produced great players.

But...

They wouldn't have as many as they do now, for a very long time no one gave a flying feck about football in Munster

So Kerry have without question enjoyed a geographical advantage, year after year playing hurling first counties and finding themselves in AI semifinals, winning breeds winning, and builds momentum. That's easier to build upon when you have a natural advantage.

The reason a few gombeens are now latching onto a most uncommon thing of Munster football teams performing well, is just exposing the fact that they know well how handy they had it down there for generation after generation.. almost a guaranteed ticket into a AI semi-final before kicking a ball... yeah sure, that's not an advantage, sure.

And the thing is.... They still do have it handy enough... For all the hype Clare and Tipp are getting Kerry won Munster without any fuss in 2016

But quick... Let's point out some trivial BS about Munster teams beating 6 day turn around counties to try and justify ourselves!!!

Kerry would have still enjoyed many AI wins regardless but would they have 37 if they weren't playing football in Munster...

No chance.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 24/07/2016 11:09:02    1889025

Link

Fair play to clare and tipp..great to see them coming on..well done..

GGdub (Dublin) - Posts: 260 - 24/07/2016 11:09:18    1889026

Link