National Forum

Celtic Park

(Oldest Posts First)

Folks
Just wondering where the Bandywell/Bluebell Terrace is in Celtic Park.....is it behind the goal or the terracing opposite the stand?
GaryMc any advice?
Cheers

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 26/04/2016 20:11:04    1849887

Link

I presume the Brandywell terrace is the larger terrace - opposite to the dressing rooms . I think it's the one to the Donegal end . The smaller is terrace is on the dressing room side .

The Brandywell is nearer to the larger terrace beind the goals ( I think )

Ps : love that venue

TheRightStuff (Donegal) - Posts: 1688 - 26/04/2016 21:15:48    1849920

Link

Folks
Just wondering where the Bandywell/Bluebell Terrace is in Celtic Park.....is it behind the goal or the terracing opposite the stand?
GaryMc any advice?
Cheers
The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts:127 - 26/04/2016 20:11:04

The Brandywell terrace is the end next to the Brandywell Stadium to the South of Celtic park, which is linked to the Bluebell terrace opposite the Main stand.

Best advice is stay at home, and save your travel money for the qualifiers.

GaryMc82 (Derry) - Posts: 3017 - 26/04/2016 21:51:52    1849927

Link

Mon now Gary, this will the smash and grab to eclipse all smash and grabs !

Celtic Park will be some cauldron of passion with the visit of our old enemy to the Bogside ! Cannot wait

Seamy_Hendrix (Derry) - Posts: 47 - 27/04/2016 09:50:42    1849963

Link

It's set up for an ambush!!!!! No one expecting Derry to win.....great position to be in. Tyrone Derry games have generally been tight affairs so I'm expecting the same. Can't wait for it!!!!!!!!

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 28/04/2016 21:08:31    1850575

Link

It's set up for an ambush!!!!! No one expecting Derry to win.....great position to be in. Tyrone Derry games have generally been tight affairs so I'm expecting the same. Can't wait for it!!!!!!!!

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts:129 - 28/04/2016 21:08:31

I think we can beat Tyrone, but I am not convinced we can sustain a winning run through Ulster. Like beating Tyrone is definitely possible, as we have played several times this season already and familiarised ourselves with what Tyrone bring.

Tyrone are hard to close down, as their forwards are lively and hard to contain. If you do contain them, then you have players like Sean Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly, Peter Harte and Tiernan McCann who are all willing to get in on the act.
I think Derry have a better midfield than Tyrone, and maybe by pushing up and forcing long-range kickouts, we could capitalize on the ensuing midfield battle, as I think we have better high fetchers.

The problem is making efficient use of that ball once we win it, and I think Derry players would actually do well in that situation, as it would be man to man in the Tyrone half and that would suit us more than short kickouts that allow Tyrone to reset their defence.
A big concern for Derry is how they set up their own defensive screen, as Laois kicked 22 points against us in the league. That was extremely worrying, as Laois don't have the firepower of Tyrone.

GaryMc82 (Derry) - Posts: 3017 - 01/05/2016 13:57:09    1851104

Link