National Forum

Antrim inviting Frampton to GAA

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

BAD BAD BAD IDEA!

Let well enough alone ffs!! He is doing a great job bringing people together, he even posed in an Antrim GAA jersey ffs much to the ire of a lot of his fans.
Why provoke people with this, I am sure its not Antrim's intention but what purpose will this serve. He says yes, he gets it in the neck from one group, he says no its taken as a snub from another. Its divisive and borderline petty.

Just leave it alone as it is.

Bad idea.

*Let ritual slaughter of me by Ulsterman etc commence.......now......*

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 07/04/2017 12:50:51    1976850

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "BAD BAD BAD IDEA!

Let well enough alone ffs!! He is doing a great job bringing people together, he even posed in an Antrim GAA jersey ffs much to the ire of a lot of his fans.
Why provoke people with this, I am sure its not Antrim's intention but what purpose will this serve. He says yes, he gets it in the neck from one group, he says no its taken as a snub from another. Its divisive and borderline petty.

Bad idea.

*Let ritual slaughter of me by Ulsterman etc commence.......now......*"
Nonsense. The only people getting annoyed and worked up at Carl wearing the top are those who are inherently hostile to the Association anyway and who find offence everywhere and anywhere. He's a good spud who tries his best to reach out to everyone. I would imagine he wore the top as a bit of a laugh. He's probably more aghast at people superimposing a Linfield top over the Antrim top. Carl is a big, bug Crusaders fan......and they play Linfielt tomorrow in an important league game.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9701 - 07/04/2017 13:36:03    1976868

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "BAD BAD BAD IDEA!

Bad idea.

*Let ritual slaughter of me by Ulsterman etc commence.......now......*"
Eh? Can you elaborate a bit on this.

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 07/04/2017 13:38:33    1976870

Link

lol - I am guessing you are referring to Sean Kellys comments in which case I would suggest it is yourself who is being divisive and borderline petty starting a post in the manner you have.

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 07/04/2017 14:39:56    1976902

Link

There'll be no fuss made about this either way amongst anyone with half a brain.

Things really have moved on way past this being any sort of issue.

Whammo86 (Antrim) - Posts: 4212 - 07/04/2017 14:46:44    1976906

Link

Don't be silly Liam. Anyone with a brain cell will not be offended either way.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 07/04/2017 15:04:12    1976914

Link

Replying To Offside_Rule:  "lol - I am guessing you are referring to Sean Kellys comments in which case I would suggest it is yourself who is being divisive and borderline petty starting a post in the manner you have."
i genuinely GENUINELY do not know what your talking about?

All I am saying is, why go down the road of putting the jackal in a position where he has to accept or decline this, thus almost inevitably handing a little victory to some pathetic gobshites on either side

He is one of us now, or he is gone over to the other side
That kinda shite

He is playing a blinder as it is, leave this stuff out of it

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 07/04/2017 15:07:15    1976917

Link

You can rest easy Liam.... he's too big to play for us

bumpernut (Antrim) - Posts: 1852 - 07/04/2017 15:10:04    1976920

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "i genuinely GENUINELY do not know what your talking about?

All I am saying is, why go down the road of putting the jackal in a position where he has to accept or decline this, thus almost inevitably handing a little victory to some pathetic gobshites on either side

That kinda shite

He is playing a blinder as it is, leave this stuff out of it"
Its ok Liam don't worry yourself... there'll be no more invasions of Clontibret or 'Love Ulster' rallies anytime soon

bumpernut (Antrim) - Posts: 1852 - 07/04/2017 15:13:12    1976923

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "i genuinely GENUINELY do not know what your talking about?

That kinda shite

He is playing a blinder as it is, leave this stuff out of it"
I maybe wrongly assumed you were referring to his comments (he is Antrims PRO - and a mighty fine one at that!) where he was saying Carl was a great lad and ambassador for sport in the North and if he wanted to come join an Antrim club he would be more than welcome. Absolutely no harm in those comments that I can see.

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 07/04/2017 15:28:55    1976930

Link

Nonsense. The only people getting annoyed and worked up at Carl wearing the top are those who are inherently hostile to the Association anyway and who find offence everywhere and anywhere. He's a good spud who tries his best to reach out to everyone. I would imagine he wore the top as a bit of a laugh. He's probably more aghast at people superimposing a Linfield top over the Antrim top. Carl is a big, bug Crusaders fan......and they play Linfielt tomorrow in an important league game.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts:8410 - 07/04/2017 13:36:03

He responded to the tweet where someone had photo shopped him into the Linfield top. That was probably the response that offended him the most.

The other responses aren't worth taking notice of.

Carl always seemed a decent skin and doesn't deserve any of the abuse.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13707 - 07/04/2017 15:39:13    1976931

Link

Agree with Liam on this one, no invite should have been handed out to Carl as some idiots on either the catholic side or protestant side will feel they have been offended by his decision. If he wanted to attend a football or hurling match let him go along to it without the fanfare, you know now that the TV cameras will be there hyping up the significance of his attendance. He probably is like 99% of the people living in Northern Ireland in that he doesn't see GAA sports as sectarian or Windsor Park as sectarian, or Orange Halls/AOHs as sectarian, etc. Leave the lad alone to do what he wants to do, privately!!

Brian_Coyote (Antrim) - Posts: 346 - 07/04/2017 15:56:50    1976938

Link

Replying To Brian_Coyote:  "Agree with Liam on this one, no invite should have been handed out to Carl as some idiots on either the catholic side or protestant side will feel they have been offended by his decision. If he wanted to attend a football or hurling match let him go along to it without the fanfare, you know now that the TV cameras will be there hyping up the significance of his attendance. He probably is like 99% of the people living in Northern Ireland in that he doesn't see GAA sports as sectarian or Windsor Park as sectarian, or Orange Halls/AOHs as sectarian, etc. Leave the lad alone to do what he wants to do, privately!!"
Ach get your tail from between your legs will you!

He was invited to watch a match ffs not declare himself a sinn fein voter

bumpernut (Antrim) - Posts: 1852 - 07/04/2017 16:09:55    1976941

Link

Hey if they've got Rory only fair we get Carl.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 07/04/2017 16:14:26    1976943

Link

Replying To Brian_Coyote:  "Agree with Liam on this one, no invite should have been handed out to Carl as some idiots on either the catholic side or protestant side will feel they have been offended by his decision. If he wanted to attend a football or hurling match let him go along to it without the fanfare, you know now that the TV cameras will be there hyping up the significance of his attendance. He probably is like 99% of the people living in Northern Ireland in that he doesn't see GAA sports as sectarian or Windsor Park as sectarian, or Orange Halls/AOHs as sectarian, etc. Leave the lad alone to do what he wants to do, privately!!"
what that man said!!!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 07/04/2017 16:33:09    1976947

Link

I would imagine there is a big issue on the horizon if he fights in Windsor. I go to all the fights bar the states. The fight against quigg brought out a new element of fleg waivers which made it pretty uncomfortable. Flegs weren't allowed in Belfast fights but that will be hard to police in Windsor. Very hostile place and they wont want us there.

This could be a shrewd PR move by camp mcguigan to bring the other side back in to the fold so I would not be one bit surprised if he did go watch antrim.

God help him though, getting beat by 13 man Longford at home, he might go if they had a stadium to go watch

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 07/04/2017 17:00:18    1976958

Link

His wearing of the Antrim jersey and his put down of loyalist hate mongers on Twitter was superb in my view. As a Donegal man I can say he is more than welcome is Ballybofey as someone who epitomises what a shared future might look like, where gestures of mutual respect are commonplace. Brave and courageous move in my books despite whatever other rationale might be behind the move.

Donegal_abroad (Donegal) - Posts: 1321 - 08/04/2017 09:33:24    1977071

Link

Replying To Donegal_abroad:  "His wearing of the Antrim jersey and his put down of loyalist hate mongers on Twitter was superb in my view. As a Donegal man I can say he is more than welcome is Ballybofey as someone who epitomises what a shared future might look like, where gestures of mutual respect are commonplace. Brave and courageous move in my books despite whatever other rationale might be behind the move."
Agreed, a brave lad no doubt like B mc Guigan before him.The future can only be brighter if the example those lads show gets through to just a few of those who might otherwise fall into the ways of those who would prefer to continue their bitter and divisive ways.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 2148 - 08/04/2017 15:07:01    1977131

Link

Replying To bumpernut:  "Ach get your tail from between your legs will you!

He was invited to watch a match ffs not declare himself a sinn fein voter"
Think Liam and I have read it right, the 1% of idiots are now sending death threats to him and his family. I spent the troubles on the peace line in Belfast,you don't go out of your way to provoke the other side, what ever side that is. Only idiots don't realise this.

Brian_Coyote (Antrim) - Posts: 346 - 21/04/2017 18:50:36    1981545

Link

Replying To Brian_Coyote:  "Think Liam and I have read it right, the 1% of idiots are now sending death threats to him and his family. I spent the troubles on the peace line in Belfast,you don't go out of your way to provoke the other side, what ever side that is. Only idiots don't realise this."
Don't talk nonsense. I lived for over 20 years on the Tigers Bay/New Lodge peace line and still have the scars to show it. Carl was just showing respect to the GAA fellas who invited him as he always does when invited to Seaview where he's a big Crusaders fan. Anyone taking offence knows nothing about Carl and the great cross community work he does.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9701 - 22/04/2017 02:22:26    1981596

Link