Exiles hit back in emigration debate

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

White and Blue

Over to you then buddy. ........

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 05/03/2013 21:28:35    1343652

Link

TheMaster
County: Mayo

hill16no1man, how is evening out the competition penalising dublin? Surely the way is it now is penalising everyone else? Can you not see that? As it is now dublin are at an advantage. Bringing them in line with the rest inst penalising anyone, it is fair play.
Also, I said dublin have 10 times the mean, that is the middle of the road county, not everyone.
Again on the cork thing, dublin have more potential players, the fact that they cant convince as many to play football is really their own issue. E.g. do we give kilkenny footballers a 10 point lead in every game because they cannot convince more of their guysto play? Or is it down to them to sort that out in their own county because they are getting the same chance as everyone else?

exactly my point the master you want to split dublin up for leading the way.
this reminds me of what the government did this year with st james hospital because they had their books in order and were running their hospital correctly the governement decided to cut their grant for this year and give it to other hospitals that were being run badly.
that is the worst possible example to set just like here you want dublin slit up becasue they are running their county board properly and just becuase other county boards cannot attract sponsors or are not putting the same effort into their underage structures you feel the only way to solve this is to enalise dublin instead of using dublin as an example for the rest to follow to bring their underage structures in line,you should never reward county boards who are running their own countys badly and penalise ones who are running theirs good.as for kilkenny i am not in favour of splitting them up i just used them as an example to show you they are dominating hurling.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 06/03/2013 10:06:30    1343744

Link

this reminds me of what the government did this year with st james hospital because they had their books in order and were running their hospital correctly the governement decided to cut their grant for this year and give it to other hospitals that were being run badly.

Run badly? How are they being run badly exactly? Surely it is dublin that is being run badly? With 10 times as many people as the average? Imagine if kerry had that many people to choose from... It isnt that dublin are simply being run well, it is the fact that they have far more materials than everyone else to do their job. It is like a middleweight boxer having a bout with a heavyweight. The starting point is unbalanced. The middleweight might win the odd time because he is a top class middleweight, but that doesnt mean that it is a fair fight.

that is the worst possible example to set just like here you want dublin slit up becasue they are running their county board properly and just becuase other county boards cannot attract sponsors or are not putting the same effort into their underage structures you feel the only way to solve this is to enalise dublin instead of using dublin as an example for the rest to follow to bring their underage structures in line,you should never reward county boards who are running their own countys badly and penalise ones who are running theirs good.as for kilkenny i am not in favour of splitting them up i just used them as an example to show you they are dominating hurling.

That is the thing though, they are doing the same as every other county, the only difference is they have the numbers. If every man in kerry gives 10 euro to their co board, that is 1.45 million. If everyone in dublin does it that is 12.7 million.But they are doing nothing different to each other, the only difference is the scale. So is it fair that one group gets 1.45 and he other gets 12.7 for doing the exact same thing? In effect what you are saying is everyone in kerry needs to pay 9 times as much as everyon in dublin to create an even playing field in terms of money. Is that fair in your opinion?
You can still put the same effort into your underage structures with 600,00 people as 1.27 million people can you not? The training doesnt become worse all of a sudden does it? Surely whatever extra that is being removed is only bringing dublin in line with everyone else?
Again, kilkenny trained the players available to them. No huge money injections, no ridiculously high numbers, just training and coaching. They had the same starting point as everyone else and achieved better results. Can dublin not do the same? Why do they need to have 10 times the average population to compete?

MesAmis, you can take the split that is already in place for the development squads and follow through to the county side. Simple.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 06/03/2013 11:48:00    1343826

Link

TheMaster

Run badly? How are they being run badly exactly? Surely it is dublin that is being run badly? With 10 times as many people as the average? Imagine if kerry had that many people to choose from... It isnt that dublin are simply being run well, it is the fact that they have far more materials than everyone else to do their job. It is like a middleweight boxer having a bout with a heavyweight. The starting point is unbalanced. The middleweight might win the odd time because he is a top class middleweight, but that doesnt mean that it is a fair fight.

you want to slit dublin becuase they have their underage strcutures ut in place and have been doing an awful lot of hours on the training ground developing kids,how on earth does this mean dublin are running their county badly,you contradict yourself in saying we have too many to pick from and then turn around say dublin are running it badly becuase they dont have 1 million people that are registered in the county all laying gaa!!! thats ridiculous to think that can happen in a capital city as every sporting organistaion is bigger in dublin also then in other countys you still seem not to be able to grasp that concept.
dublin have not got more raw materials they just went and got a big sponsor theres nothing got to do with their population or buying a sponosr is it?
its hardly a negative for the association that they are able to get abig name to sponosr them so why punish them for that instead the other county boards should be trying to do the same.dublin county board is not in debt like the others thus my point that they are running their affairs correctly where as other county boards obvioulsy are finding themselves spending too much in the wrong areas.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 06/03/2013 12:12:08    1343864

Link

JAYSUS!!

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 12:18:52    1343876

Link

the master

yes it does mean there is more money in dublin by virtue of having more members but this is were you fail to see it also means that the dublin county board must give out that same percentage more to clubs and players as their is that amount more.if theres less numbers in kerry it should mean they pay out less money to run things,do you not see that? ex actly you nailed it by saying you can still put the same amount of effort regardless of the population being 1 million or 600 thousand so why can other countys with smaller populations not follow that same theory by putting in the same amount of time and effort as dublin?
you even say how kilkenny did it so why is it not possible for other countys to do that in football,where does 10 times the population come into it when that amount of people are not playing the game you cannot criticise dublin in one breath for not having its whole 1 million population playing gaa and then turn around and use that same figure as if they are all available to pick from and say its an advantage how though when they are not involved with gaa teams.
you could in turn say the same for london and new york just look at their populations should they be treated the same even though they dont all play gaa in them citys?

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 06/03/2013 12:19:41    1343879

Link

and just to add to that quite a few of the most populous counties in the country are in northern Ireland but that doesn't mean that they have a largers player base to work with. Due to cultural differences half of the population would never play GAA games.

s goldrick (Cavan) - Posts: 5518 - 06/03/2013 12:47:42    1343918

Link

you want to slit dublin becuase they have their underage strcutures ut in place and have been doing an awful lot of hours on the training ground developing kids,how on earth does this mean dublin are running their county badly,you contradict yourself in saying we have too many to pick from and then turn around say dublin are running it badly becuase they dont have 1 million people that are registered in the county all laying gaa!!! thats ridiculous to think that can happen in a capital city as every sporting organistaion is bigger in dublin also then in other countys you still seem not to be able to grasp that concept.
dublin have not got more raw materials they just went and got a big sponsor theres nothing got to do with their population or buying a sponosr is it?

No I dont, it is because they have 10 times the numbers as the average county, not because they have underage structures! Every county has underage structures, but every county doesnt have 10 times the amount of lads in those gaa structures! They should be running away with the all ireland. If kerry had 10 times the numbers dublin have who do you think would win? The fact that they arent indicates that they arent run well in terms of success at intercounty level. That doesnt mean that we should give them a pass though does it? If they arent run well that is really their own problem. As I said before, do we give kilkenny footballers a 10 point lead because they cant get their act together? Of course not. Everyone should be on the same starting point and may the best team win. Dublin are on a different starting point. Is it so much to ask to even this out?
Also you keep talking about bigger numbers in dublin, and stating I dont really graspt the point. But it is yourself that doesnt grasp the point. Dublin have 10 times of everything, that mean 10 times the amount of people not into gaa, but it also means they have 10 times the amount of people who are, does it not? They dont have just 10 times the amount of non-gaa people, that doesnt make any sense at all.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 06/03/2013 13:03:42    1343937

Link

s goldrick
County: Cavan

"Due to cultural differences half of the population would never play GAA games."

Same applies to large sections of dublin

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4895 - 06/03/2013 13:03:48    1343939

Link

TheMaster

1343937 you want to slit dublin becuase they have their underage strcutures ut in place and have been doing an awful lot of hours on the training ground developing kids,how on earth does this mean dublin are running their county badly,you contradict yourself in saying we have too many to pick from and then turn around say dublin are running it badly becuase they dont have 1 million people that are registered in the county all laying gaa!!! thats ridiculous to think that can happen in a capital city as every sporting organistaion is bigger in dublin also then in other countys you still seem not to be able to grasp that concept.

No I dont, it is because they have 10 times the numbers as the average county, not because they have underage structures! Every county has underage structures, but every county doesnt have 10 times the amount of lads in those gaa structures! They should be running away with the all ireland. If kerry had 10 times the numbers dublin have who do you think would win? The fact that they arent indicates that they arent run well in terms of success at intercounty level. That doesnt mean that we should give them a pass though does it? If they arent run well that is really their own problem. As I said before, do we give kilkenny footballers a 10 point lead because they cant get their act together? Of course not. Everyone should be on the same starting point and may the best team win. Dublin are on a different starting point. Is it so much to ask to even this out?
Also you keep talking about bigger numbers in dublin, and stating I dont really graspt the point. But it is yourself that doesnt grasp the point. Dublin have 10 times of everything, that mean 10 times the amount of people not into gaa, but it also means they have 10 times the amount of people who are, does it not? They dont have just 10 times the amount of non-gaa people, that doesnt make any sense at all.
_________

Cork have a larger playing population to Dublin.

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 13:12:49    1343953

Link

You'd have to laugh at themaster

Still hard at it.. :)

Fair play to him and his pointless crusades.

I mean he must have missed the GAA's own stance on it...

What a complete waste of your time themaster...

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 13:14:25    1343955

Link

Dublin have over twice the population as cork. Therefore, that is nobodies issue but dublins. Maybe if dublin increasded there number of clubs it might help?
On the same topic, would you be for giving kilkenny footballers a 10 point lead because they cannot convince people to play football? Or it that just their own, in-house problem that nobody else should have to allow for?

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 06/03/2013 13:20:56    1343963

Link

If such a complete waste of time, why did Dublin come up with the idea in the first place ???????????????????????????

KELF (Kildare) - Posts: 775 - 06/03/2013 13:24:47    1343967

Link

The same split as our development squads? AFAIK the development squads are only ever split at a very early stage in order to make it easier to identify players coming through. Don't think they ever play against other counties in proper competitive matches though. Not really a split at all. Just a way of doing trials, similar to most counties.

If it's all about population then NYC and London deserved to be considered for a split too.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 06/03/2013 13:34:36    1343984

Link

TheMaster

Dublin have over twice the population as cork. Therefore, that is nobodies issue but dublins. Maybe if dublin increasded there number of clubs it might help?
On the same topic, would you be for giving kilkenny footballers a 10 point lead because they cannot convince people to play football? Or it that just their own, in-house problem that nobody else should have to allow for?

New York has about 8 times the population as Dublin.

Surely it's the NYC's problem. Maybe if NYC just increased their number of clubs it might help?

Split up NYC!!!!!

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 06/03/2013 13:38:15    1343988

Link

TheMaster

1343963 Cork have a larger playing population to Dublin.

______

Cork have a bigger playing population...

What do you not understand about that?

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 13:54:12    1344012

Link

Only if you can find the east side of london and new york mesamis...

I suppose what it really boils down to is why do dublin feel they need 10 times the mean population to compete with the rest of us? Are you really that poor?

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 06/03/2013 13:55:33    1344014

Link

It's all about playing population

I see once again that you are pointing to total population?

Which is quite frankly... silly.

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 13:56:30    1344015

Link

If we are splitting up New York City baby we'll have to get the carving knife out on London aswell there is more people on the tube at any one time than there is in Cavan :)

Bluewave (Dublin) - Posts: 552 - 06/03/2013 13:59:00    1344020

Link

TheMaster

1344014 Only if you can find the east side of london and new york mesamis...

I suppose what it really boils down to is why do dublin feel they need 10 times the mean population to compete with the rest of us? Are you really that poor?
_______

Dear oh dear.

This fella has no interest in listening to reason and actually understanding the situation in Dublin.

It's absolutley pointless. I'm glad to see that many other posters around the country have the sense to come to a reasonable conclusion.

This debate is over.

GAA themselves said it will be our decision and that's only right. We have a smaller playing population to counties around the country despite our total population

It should only be about playing poplulation and as such it's not fair to split up Dublin.

Beelzedub (Dublin) - Posts: 480 - 06/03/2013 14:03:41    1344026

Link