National Forum

Seanie Johnston sitting on the Kildare bench

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

lilywhitemagic
County: Kildare

1164693 oh the post jinxie that you believe johnston will look very very silly.

I was referring to the one after that where I mentioned you directly, suprised you missed something so obvious.

However I'll answer the question your asking, unlike many Kildare people at the moment.

I do think that if the transfer doesnt go through, that he will be left looking very very silly. He will have jumped the gun. Would you not agree that it would leave him with egg on his face for counting his chickens?

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 02/05/2012 15:07:29    1164712

Link

sedico
County: Kildare

1164705 Liamwalkinstown you do realise what you're after doing yea? You are his best friend now and he has nothing against the Dubs and always liked them and he'll wish you well in the Leinster Championship

Who are we talking about here Sedico???

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 02/05/2012 15:09:29    1164713

Link

royal have you got soild proof there mcgeeney 'sought' players and none of this the cat and its mother knows he did. what proof do you actually have to say he did ? because as far as i know sj said he approached kildare and carew/julie davis he know them from his college days heres the link if you want to listen from the horses mouth http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-podcasting/sport-podcasts/exclusive-seanie-johnston-on-that-transfer.html
and about supple claims.. mc geeney came out straightaway and said they were absolute false what i have heard since was supple was asked to give expertise or lessons in goalkeeping as supple does this in his free time.

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 02/05/2012 15:11:14    1164717

Link

Breffni39
County: Cavan

1164701 He wouldn't have been good enough to make the Kerry footballers at that stage Liam, thats why he never got a game, not for the ideological reasons you are suggesting. It would and does happen in Dublin and Kerry.

Actually your completely wrong there man. Eoin Liston who was his club manager at KOR i think it was is on record as saying Vinny at the time was the best forward in club football in Kerry and he was disgusted he didnt get a call up. He also said it was pureply down to Vinny not being a Kerry man. I am sure our Kerry lads can confirm this? Bomber one time nearly went into the crowd to accost some "fans" for the abuse Vinny was getting.
Oh and Breff, can you name me one non Dub to play senior football for Dublin in the last 30 years? Think of all the talent that has been in Dublin from outside the city in that time. Can you name me one? I'd say the last one was Sean Doherty and he was a half Dub Half Wicklow man anyways!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 02/05/2012 15:13:54    1164721

Link

well there's rumours of james kavanagh could be transferring to galway next year just rumours or whispers i hope.i will admit it would be hard and i mean very hard to see him in a maroon and white jersey instead of the all white but if he wanted to go he has many more years in him left to play football....

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 02/05/2012 15:15:18    1164725

Link

Jackeen last time I checked Declan Darcy was captain of the last Leitrim side to win any silverware...where did he finish his playing days though??? Aw yes thats right in the sky blue of Dublin.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 02/05/2012 15:24:21    1164733

Link

Liamwalkinstown
County: Dublin

Actually your completely wrong there man. Eoin Liston who was his club manager at KOR i think it was is on record as saying Vinny at the time was the best forward in club football in Kerry and he was disgusted he didnt get a call up. He also said it was pureply down to Vinny not being a Kerry man. I am sure our Kerry lads can confirm this? Bomber one time nearly went into the crowd to accost some "fans" for the abuse Vinny was getting.
Oh and Breff, can you name me one non Dub to play senior football for Dublin in the last 30 years? Think of all the talent that has been in Dublin from outside the city in that time. Can you name me one? I'd say the last one was Sean Doherty and he was a half Dub Half Wicklow man anyways!

Hmmmm 30 years, only senior football and not Sean Doherty, are you sure you can't make the the parameters even more convenient for yourself before I have a think about it?

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 02/05/2012 15:26:30    1164739

Link

If there is anyone in kildare who truly believes sj was not approached then yous obviously believe in tooth fairy and leprechauns. And no point even arguing with yous. As in your mind this was all sj. And oh he said it? So you believe him and not supple who said he was approached. Selective to say least

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 02/05/2012 15:27:57    1164740

Link

Gotmilk

Glad you brought that up!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/where-are-they-now-declan-darcy-former-dublin-and-leitrimfootballer-2927060.html

A Dub!!!!

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 02/05/2012 15:30:08    1164743

Link

Dean Rock :)

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 02/05/2012 15:31:38    1164744

Link

Another thing Liam, Kerry football must have been in some dire state if an ageing Vinny Murphy was the best forward there :)

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 02/05/2012 15:33:45    1164745

Link

Breff, i know he is a scorned figure, no where moreso than in Dublin but its a pity. People forget just how good Vinny was. Great man to win his own ball, brilliant fielder and the best goal scorer in Ireland at the time.
I know he became something different, but when Vinny was in Kerry and his early days in Dublin there wasnt much better out there than him

Very harsh Breff

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 02/05/2012 15:37:10    1164747

Link

no i dont believe in the toothfairy but i do believe in trolls like you royaldunne as loyal to the royal proved on manys a thread over the last couple of days.

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 02/05/2012 15:43:22    1164758

Link

royaldunne
County: Meath

If there is anyone in kildare who truly believes sj was not approached then yous obviously believe in tooth fairy and leprechauns. And no point even arguing with yous. As in your mind this was all sj. And oh he said it? So you believe him and not supple who said he was approached. Selective to say least

I believe Seanie when he says he approached Kildare and not the other way around.

I don't believe Shane Supple when he says he was approached to play for Kildare. Selective? Yes. But lets look at the reasoning.

McGeeney also came out and said he never approached Supple with a view to him playing for Kildare. One mans word against another.

Supple also left it almost a year before he came out and siad he was approached to play for Kildare, and I don't think he ever said who it was who approached him, or what this persons role was in the Kildare setup. I do actually believe that when Supple was approached, it was with a view to help out with our goalkeeper coaching. The first person they went after for this was Brian Murphy, who is a good friend of Julie Davis (who is already involved with training the senior panel), but he was already after committing himself to the Dublin underage set up.

I don't believe Supple was approached and asked to play for Kildare, ditto for Johnston.

So I take it you believe Shane Supple but not McGeeney? I could hardly accuse you of being selective could I?

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 02/05/2012 15:43:24    1164759

Link

royaldunne
County: Meath

1164740 If there is anyone in kildare who truly believes sj was not approached then yous obviously believe in tooth fairy and leprechauns. And no point even arguing with yous. As in your mind this was all sj. And oh he said it? So you believe him and not supple who said he was approached. Selective to say least

Ok so why do you not believe SJ? And why do you believe Supple?

I could attempt to answer that if you want. You can't stomach the fact that Kildare are miles ahead of Meath in term of football ability. It makes you sick to the core and you're attempting to get your little digs in which are pathetic really. But believe me I'm sitting happily here laughing at your attempts while at the same time revelling in the fact that you're opoplectic with rage.

sedico (Kildare) - Posts: 1682 - 02/05/2012 15:44:58    1164761

Link

Liamwalkinstown
County: Dublin

1164747 Breff, i know he is a scorned figure, no where moreso than in Dublin but its a pity. People forget just how good Vinny was. Great man to win his own ball, brilliant fielder and the best goal scorer in Ireland at the time.
I know he became something different, but when Vinny was in Kerry and his early days in Dublin there wasnt much better out there than him

Very harsh Breff

Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought Vinny Murphy was in Kerry towards the end of his career. Also my memory, of the height of his career I think, is of him often being a sub for Dublin. I'll happily be corrected on that though, but that's the reason for me finding it hard to believe he was the best forward in Kerry.

My 10-15 year old self never really liked him or any of the other dubs or meath men of the era cos to me every other bit of action in their games was a foul or some form of thuggery, adn Vinny usually wasn't too far from the scene. It wasn't like the honest Ulster football I was used to.

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 02/05/2012 15:49:43    1164767

Link

What was in it for supple? Nothing. How would mcgeeney look if in the midst of sj saga he admitted approaching supple? On balance supple had nothing to gain for saying what he did but mcgeeney had.
Throw in sj. Is the guy really going to say yes I was approached?? When he is trying to convince people in hq and in beginning had no evidence to support that he was living in kildare?
a big leap of faith to say he was not approached. If it was a court of law I'd say a majority verdict would be clear. Yes he was.
Do you not think that's the reason this transfer has not gone through. The suspect he was poached.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 02/05/2012 15:56:00    1164774

Link

see sedico this is what i think is wrong with royaldunne.. he is one of those people that were brought up in an era were meath were contenders and that thinks meath have the god given right to win games based on past glory's and 'traditions' that meath should not be losing to the likes of derry kildare or louth and it makes him sick to the stomach that any team in leinster are making a bit of a strive in the right direction..ill tell you after kildare used to get knocked out of leinster when we in a bad state ourselves mainly during the 00' decade i would genuinely always shout for meath well ill tell you another thing after hearing some of the stuff royldunne comes out with i wont ever again.

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 02/05/2012 15:58:41    1164775

Link

Vinny was in Kerry at his prime Breff. Returned to the Dubs panel in the mid 90's as a sub alright after moving home.
in the late 80's early 90's Vinny was as good a 14 as there was in Ireland but his time in Kerry ruined him as a footballer.

Anyone remember his "colourful" hurling helmet playing for Kerry btw :)

Trust me on this Breffni. In 1988-1992 there were very few superior 14's in Ireland to Vinny.

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 02/05/2012 15:58:48    1164776

Link

Any particular reason Shane Supple would make this up lads?

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 02/05/2012 15:59:38    1164778

Link