National Forum

Sam is between Dublin, Cork and Kerry..

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

dublin hurlers to win an all ireland again before the footballers win their next all ireland

kerryluck (Kerry) - Posts: 2517 - 20/03/2012 15:42:06    1133227

Link

I'm sure you said the same last year Keeryluck!

Hurlingdub- my hero!:)

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 20/03/2012 15:52:15    1133237

Link

no i didn't

kerryluck (Kerry) - Posts: 2517 - 20/03/2012 15:55:43    1133243

Link

I don't remember ticking the yes box hurlingdub!

brendtheredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 10897 - 20/03/2012 16:01:37    1133247

Link

I know I did! Glad to be proved wrong:)

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 20/03/2012 16:33:06    1133280

Link

HurlingDub
but did people not vote to accept British rule by consent within the 6 county state?

A curious way of putting it particularly for a Repubican. For the first time the people of both jurisdictions (hate to even recognise one) were given the right to have a say.
For some namely Unionists that would mean voting to accept British rule but obviously not for Northern nationalists by definition. At some time in the future (Predicted very soon by some) people would have a the right in a referendum to abandon the abomination. It is hoped the demography will swing to enable nationalists to exercise their democratic right previously ignored in a 32 county context. Other more positive tangible benefits are the right for people from the 6 counties to carry an Irish passport (Only those with a parent/grandparent in the Republic prior to partition qualified).
Clearly as this forum and the recent presidential election have revealed there is much convincing to do even among Gaelic loving 26 county populace.

Oh I know you are batting it back to Ulsterman but as you know the scattergun approach hits all.
How you getting on with stealing Flann O'Brien?

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 20/03/2012 16:55:27    1133307

Link

kerryluck
County: Kerry

1133227 dublin hurlers to win an all ireland again before the footballers win their next all ireland

Bold predicition kerryluck. Id be very surprised if that happens. Who do you think will be the kingdoms biggest threat this year to win back Sam so if you dont tink the dubs will be? I hardly think you will say Cork given our woeful performance sunday. Tyrone mabye?

Rebel.Og (Cork) - Posts: 519 - 20/03/2012 17:10:02    1133328

Link

It looks like we're going to have to hope the likes of Dublin and Cork can get their respective houses in order before the summer as if either of the aforementioned can't hit top form we all know which team tends to win average championships. Tyrone seem to be coming along very nicely but I don't think its fair to judge their current team before they play the likes of Kerry, Cork and Dublin in the AI series. If Tyrone have reemerged from transition and are ready again to win an AI they will have to prove it. Kildare in my view cant be taken seriously until they win against an AI contender outside of Leinster. Dublin need to address issues relating to hunger and Cork from what ive seen are not scoring enough! Kerry are certainly the early season pace setters having brushed aside us and beaten Cork but time will tell if Dublin and Cork can bring their top form back! If they do, and others step up we will have a great summer, if not, well its not rocket science!

seany16 (Dublin) - Posts: 1658 - 20/03/2012 18:39:47    1133407

Link

The league has been a good indicator in recent times. Kerry and Tyrone are the only consistent form this year and though Div 1 is the pacesetter, Down came from Div 2 to Div 1 in 2010 and were only beaten by a point in the final. The year before Cork were Div 2 league champions and also got to the AI final. To me the most on form team of 2012 is Tyrone, Kerry are experimenting and coming up well; don't know what is happening with Cork, the Munster final last year, quarter final against Mayo and last Sundays game are showing up a team that lacks a gameplan. Only for the old head of Canty there was minimal drive evident last week and there are some great players in that team. Conor, nice man that he is and all would want to up their gameplan, get a few more leaders in the team. Dublin can hang in but I don't think Sam is staying inside the pale. Kildare have been knocking on the door and have had some unfortunate ref decisions against them but if they can't get out of Div 2 this year, I don't have much faith in them getting further. As for Mayo......what can I say....my mother is from Mayo and she has been waiting a long long long time for Sam.

Right now I keep seeing a Kerry v Tyrone AI semi.

kerrykerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1779 - 20/03/2012 19:37:11    1133456

Link

don't write off tyrone.sean cavanagh is nearly back to his best.s.oneill got some game time as well as conor gormley.they seem to have abetter midfield now as they cleaned up in that area against galway.joe mcmahon was their outstanding player before he got injured.no goal conceded yet in the league and maybe this is a good time to go to the bookies and check out the odds for the AI.

toe2hand (Galway) - Posts: 223 - 20/03/2012 19:51:19    1133468

Link

Sam is wide open again this year, well realistically it will boil down to the usual suspects i.e. Kerry, Cork, Dublin and then with an outside shot Tyrone Kildare maybe Donegal and with more heart than head Mayo. This crazy notion that Dublin will walk Sam this year has been bandied around since Dublin were fortunate enough to capitalise on what should have been another Kerry All Ireland. The Dubs were well frankly, in my opinion lucky, to win it last year narrowly beating Donegal and Kerry throwing away a game which was pretty much sewn up, until they handed the Dubs a lifeline.This year will tell a tale for the Dubs who will find it hard to deal with even more hype (if thats possible). With a loss to Kerry and now Down beating them there key focus has to be the league and not how many days they will be taking off come mid september. It will be an interesting summer with twists and turns no doubt but I cant see past a munster All Ireland champion!!

the_gatekeeper (Mayo) - Posts: 82 - 20/03/2012 21:39:05    1133617

Link

No way have Tyrone an all Ireland winning team this year, I don't care what anyone says.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/03/2012 21:42:20    1133624

Link

the_gatekeeper
County: Mayo

Sam is wide open again this year, well realistically it will boil down to the usual suspects i.e. Kerry, Cork, Dublin and then with an outside shot Tyrone Kildare maybe Donegal and with more heart than head Mayo. This crazy notion that Dublin will walk Sam this year has been bandied around since Dublin were fortunate enough to capitalise on what should have been another Kerry All Ireland. The Dubs were well frankly, in my opinion lucky, to win it last year narrowly beating Donegal and Kerry throwing away a game which was pretty much sewn up, until they handed the Dubs a lifeline.This year will tell a tale for the Dubs who will find it hard to deal with even more hype (if thats possible). With a loss to Kerry and now Down beating them there key focus has to be the league and not how many days they will be taking off come mid september. It will be an interesting summer with twists and turns no doubt but I cant see past a munster All Ireland champion!!

Your on your way to having it right with the above. Firstly, outscoring your opponent 1-3 to 0-1 in the closing stages of any All Ireland final is not luck. Most scores in most field sports come from the errors of oppositions but the limiting factor always rests in the capacity of the team in question to capitalise. Dublin were good enough and considering the game in general, we were worthy and deserved champions. Regards this year, your probably correct in stating we will struggle to replicate last years feat in the same manner as nearly every team before us. However, your incorrect to state that hype will get to us, rather hunger and appetite for the inevitable dog-fight may undo us. This remains to be seen but the Down performance worries me. We still have quality throughout the field and if things are good on the day we have the ability to take apart most sides bar Kerry and Cork. However, if a game is reduced to a scrap we may struggle.

seany16 (Dublin) - Posts: 1658 - 20/03/2012 21:58:43    1133639

Link

No way have Tyrone an all Ireland winning team this year, I don't care what anyone says.

clondalkindub - You seem quite certain of this. What exactly are you basing this on?

ballybannongael (Down) - Posts: 547 - 21/03/2012 09:25:42    1133669

Link

As I said Tyronetim - it was a tongue in cheek response to Ulsterman! Won't get into the politics here.

As for Flann, given that he was born there but grew up here and that he is possibly the best Dublinese humourist perhaps we can agree to share him ;-)

Thanks for the compliment Jackeen :-)

hurlingdub (Dublin) - Posts: 6978 - 21/03/2012 09:43:55    1133684

Link

well sam is surely now between down,kerry,laois and donegal as they won last weekend isnt it? going by this thread

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 21/03/2012 09:52:20    1133700

Link

Seany16

I'm not trying to discredit the Dublin victory (well not really) what I meant was that Kerry handed the dubs a lifeline that got them back into the game. To be fair to Dublin, errors are there to be punished and Dublin kicked on from that point and deserved the win in the end. However how often do Kerry misplace paces and let the opposition waltz through their defence. Dublin were dead and buried until the goal came as a result of an error. Had Kerry kept concentration they would have kicked on an won by 4-5 scores. But credit where credit is due the substitution worked and the dubs capitalised to the full extent. But Kerry errors don't come along too often so if the situation arises again I wouldn't be relying on a misplaced pass to help ye back into the game. It'll be interesting to see how the Dubs will react to being champions this year, only time will tell I suppose...

the_gatekeeper (Mayo) - Posts: 82 - 23/03/2012 17:47:39    1135769

Link

the_gatekeeper
County: Mayo

Who the hell is this imposter?! Imitation may be the
greatest form of flattery but this is going a bit far!
Whats the story administrator?!

TheGateKeeper (Tyrone) - Posts: 2843 - 23/03/2012 17:55:14    1135778

Link

TheGateKeeper
County: Tyrone

Who the hell is this imposter?!

Lol Gatekeeper have you got a wee bit of a split personality going on here? Heading to McHale Park on Sunday are you?

redd (Tyrone) - Posts: 67 - 23/03/2012 19:28:48    1135836

Link

Isn't Tipperary between Dublin, Cork & Kerry?

kickpass (Down) - Posts: 208 - 23/03/2012 19:41:54    1135847

Link