National Forum

Sam is between Dublin, Cork and Kerry..

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

tyrone are gonna win the all ireland

spy_in_the_sky (Antrim) - Posts: 273 - 12/03/2012 21:22:36    1128142

Link

paddyogall
County: Mayo

1128121 Kildare will win Leinster this year, better players and better attitude then Dublin.

better attitude ??????

dubbydave. (Dublin) - Posts: 3927 - 12/03/2012 21:24:40    1128149

Link

i would like to see kildare get a good run and a bit of luck thats seems to desert them , its only 70 minutes and things can easily go belly up i have seen it happen to every county , so to be talking about only 3 been the main contenders is foolish , the more teams competing makes a better summer of football for us

hipster (Dublin) - Posts: 2509 - 12/03/2012 21:25:49    1128153

Link

Dublin are a very cocky bunch of players, watching them brush aside a poor Armagh outfit with a serious amount of arrogance. They are quite a big headed bunch with a high amount of ego. Maybe thats a City thing and the fact they are the champs. But wont it be nice to see their fortress of self belief come crumbling down around them when they get a footballing lesson this season. Perhaps by Cork and maybe by Kerry but whoever it is, it wont come soon enough.

cacsmckilly (Tyrone) - Posts: 1294 - 12/03/2012 21:47:17    1128175

Link

Haha whatever cacs

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 12/03/2012 21:52:33    1128180

Link

Ooooh I love this time of year

The Tyrone boys think everybody is against them.
The Mayo boys feel hard done by. Bless!
Everybody hates the Dubs. Fact but who cares.
Everybody thinks they know who will win Sam
If you have a good league game you're a shoe in for Sam, the next week you have a poor game and you're going nowhere fast
Meath and Kildare battering each other
Ulster man spewing partitionist crap.
Paddyogall letting his feelings on the Dubs cloud his judgement.

Yes my friends it's good to be alive. and did I mention I'm off to L.A. on Sunday for a month so will miss the rest if the league matches.

But let me just say UP THE DUBS!!!!!!

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 12/03/2012 21:54:32    1128186

Link

cacsmckilly
County: Tyrone

1128175 Dublin are a very cocky bunch of players, watching them brush aside a poor Armagh outfit with a serious amount of arrogance. They are quite a big headed bunch with a high amount of ego. Maybe thats a City thing and the fact they are the champs. But wont it be nice to see their fortress of self belief come crumbling down around them when they get a footballing lesson this season. Perhaps by Cork and maybe by Kerry but whoever it is, it wont come soon enough.

i think your mixing up cocky with confident they went out yesterday to do a job and thats exactly what they did 2 more points on the board nothing more nothing less

dubbydave. (Dublin) - Posts: 3927 - 12/03/2012 21:58:51    1128197

Link

cacsmckilly
County: Tyrone

1128175 Dublin are a very cocky bunch of players, watching them brush aside a poor Armagh outfit with a serious amount of arrogance. They are quite a big headed bunch with a high amount of ego. Maybe thats a City thing and the fact they are the champs. But wont it be nice to see their fortress of self belief come crumbling down around them when they get a footballing lesson this season. Perhaps by Cork and maybe by Kerry but whoever it is, it wont come soon enough.

brendtheredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 10897 - 12/03/2012 22:00:16    1128200

Link

Tyrone will win nothing with the way they played saturday night. Just a shame we arent in div 1 now to really test this team in possibly O'Neill, mulligan and gormleys final year. We will need to really hit the ground running in championship to test these young fellas. Opposition has been very poor thus far. Very promising however!

I would give it to Kerry to bounce back this year but wont know where tyrone are until championship

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 13/03/2012 08:57:42    1128234

Link

Mayo have as good a chance as Kerry. It'll be Cork's year this year though, injuries ruined them last year.

Sergeant_Slash (Cavan) - Posts: 2182 - 13/03/2012 10:13:56    1128285

Link

Mayo have a good as chance as Kerry??? Kerry blew them away last year what has changed since then?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 13/03/2012 10:19:55    1128291

Link

Mayo are a year older as are Kerry, the advantage being we are a very capable young side whereas Kerry are ageing in patches. They have had not sorted their middle pair out and the Gooch is yet to commit to training. Having said that they will be there or thereabouts.

What actually aided the Kingdom was their run in, I am 99 percent certain they had only played Munster sides before they 'blew us away' in fact I think they played Limerick twice last year and Tipp. So by all accounts Kerrys' season was a one match game, V the Dubs. This of course suited them and they rested their older players sporadically over the campaign. Compare that with say Ulster and you probably see where I am coming from. Tyrone had played 3 tough games before the Dubs put on the show of their lives.

Revaluation is the call of the day. A new structure 32 divided into a champions league format where by the provincial system is scrapped. We need to think for the future not the now. A young fella growing up in a lower profile county will not dedicate to training 5 times a week in an amateur sport to be knocked out of a competition after 2 games. The gap is getting bigger . . . .

take.yer.pints (UK) - Posts: 76 - 13/03/2012 12:48:17    1128428

Link

take.yer.pints
County: UK

Mayo are a year older as are Kerry, the advantage being we are a very capable young side whereas Kerry are ageing in patches. They have had not sorted their middle pair out and the Gooch is yet to commit to training. Having said that they will be there or thereabouts.

Utter rubbish. Their is nothing wrong with our midfield, at this stage possibly the best pairing in the country, and cleaned Mayo out in the Semi-Final. Cooper is taking a well-earned rest, hardly a sign that he's hanging up the boots! If you've paid any attention to the league so far, you should know that we have some extremely talented young players coming through.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 13/03/2012 13:05:52    1128449

Link

Reminder for all that 'The Pope is a Catholic' just in case ye didnt know that fact either!!!

Regards,

Snufalufagus....Laochra Gael

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 13/03/2012 13:07:12    1128453

Link

Look it your midfield pair are world beaters they bet ours, excellent stuff. I felt at the top level they fell short against the Dubs that's all. You just seemed short of legs when faced with Michael Dara, Bastik and Cullen. As for Cooper I never said he'd hung up the boots, his rest period from the panel I am sure is well deserved. I hope he is rested in time for the demands of the Championship. As for the young bucks, well again excellent stuff, lets see how they perform when it matters.

Prediction = Kerry weak around the knees, half backs, full backs easily dominated by Corks forwards come Munster champ. God I hope ye get a decent draw in the qualifiers, ye wont be wanting Limerick again surely not.

take.yer.pints (UK) - Posts: 76 - 13/03/2012 13:21:34    1128463

Link

take.yer.pints

Look it your midfield pair are world beaters they bet ours, excellent stuff. I felt at the top level they fell short against the Dubs that's all. You just seemed short of legs when faced with Michael Dara, Bastik and Cullen. As for Cooper I never said he'd hung up the boots, his rest period from the panel I am sure is well deserved. I hope he is rested in time for the demands of the Championship. As for the young bucks, well again excellent stuff, lets see how they perform when it matters.

Prediction = Kerry weak around the knees, half backs, full backs easily dominated by Corks forwards come Munster champ. God I hope ye get a decent draw in the qualifiers, ye wont be wanting Limerick again surely not.

Yerra we'll win nathing this year

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 13/03/2012 13:28:35    1128473

Link

paddyogall
County: Mayo

1128121 Kildare will win Leinster this year, better players and better attitude then Dublin.

Dear oh dear...

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 13/03/2012 13:33:50    1128479

Link

I think you're right cacsmckilly, in fact, I've heard it on good authority that young WaynoI has already penned one of his famous eulogies in praise of Dublin, AI champions 2012, now thats cocky!

___

You better believe it !!

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 13/03/2012 13:35:57    1128480

Link

take.yer.pints

Sigh.............our midfield stood up to the Dubs, there was no problem there, in fact they probably had the better of it. The two O' Sheas were the greatest thing since sliced pan according to the media and Mayo supporters before that game. I'd have thought that Mayo supporters would have learned by now that it's not wise to write off Kerry :)

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 13/03/2012 13:36:53    1128481

Link

Superglue
County: Kerry

take.yer.pints

Yerra we'll win nathing this year

I agree!!

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 13/03/2012 13:37:35    1128482

Link