National Forum

Trouble at the All-Ireland club JFC semi

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

superglue I was assuming that it was all directed at the examiner and the kerryman. The only north/south divides i know of are the north/south dublin divides and the north armagh/south armagh divide and sure we forget about that when we don the orange and white jersey. PS i just booked my holidays and I'm heading for the kingdom in the summer so go easy on me.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 14/02/2012 14:28:10    1111450

Link

ulsterman needs a hug, everyone hates him and his kind !!!. can some please extend a hand of friendship to poor ulsterman before it's too late ?, that's if it's not already too late !!!.

ULSTERMAN

I love you.
xoxoxo

Gammy_Knee (USA) - Posts: 1482 - 14/02/2012 14:32:57    1111455

Link

I would serioulsly think twice before booking any summer or weekend breaks in the South for the near future; they want our money and think they can abuse us on top of that. Many Southern hotels, especially in border areas, are very reliant on Northern custom and maybe if we spoke with our feet they would think twice about vilifying people. Is it any wonder tourism figures in the South are falling drastically; surly and ignorant attitude along with rip off prices are driving people away.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9701 - 14/02/2012 14:39:25    1111462

Link

You're only saying that because it's Valentine's Day Gammy!

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9701 - 14/02/2012 14:40:13    1111466

Link

Tom1916 You're forgetting the north/south divide with The Kerryman newspaper. 2 papers for two types of animals.
Good to hear you'll be paying us a visit. Always more than welcome.
Don't forget to spend plenty ;-)

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 14/02/2012 15:08:28    1111489

Link

Ulsterman
County: Antrim

I would serioulsly think twice before booking any summer or weekend breaks in the South for the near future; they want our money and think they can abuse us on top of that. Many Southern hotels, especially in border areas, are very reliant on Northern custom and maybe if we spoke with our feet they would think twice about vilifying people. Is it any wonder tourism figures in the South are falling drastically; surly and ignorant attitude along with rip off prices are driving people away.

Don't do that Ulsterman. It's hard enough to understand some of ye.

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 14/02/2012 15:09:45    1111491

Link

Tyronetim
County: Tyrone

Oh did they? I certainly didn't - I asked those with strong opinions were they at the game - most weren't. I gave more credence to those who had or had seen the video in its entirety. Their views tended to be less jaundiced.
In most things a bit of balance goes a long way...you unfortunately with your Pravda cohorts lack credibility because of your complete partiality.
I like many northerners (And Southerners) have condemned the violence on BOTH sides...unfortunately that can't be said about you.

You should start your next ego trip with your other GAA spirited comment
"Does anyone force the Ulster teams to come down hear and play?"
We have as much right to play in any corner of Ireland as you do and we will continue to do so.

Ahh yes they did im sure you just turned a blind eye to that. Well alot more northerners are trying to make out that everyone is out ot get them and they did nothing wrong and are putting all the balme on Dromid and the media and dont even try to say other wise.

If we are to go by what Ulsterman says then the teams from the North are being dragged down hear to play. Im not saying they dont have a right to play her but there are Ulster people who think there doing the GAA a favor by playing case and point again Ulsterman

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 14/02/2012 15:33:31    1111517

Link

mmdtc2011
County: Tyrone

Awful to see young Kevin Campbell (Derrytresk's wrongly suspended full back) leaving the team huddle before the game in tears as he went to take his seat in the Hogan. The GAA wonder why Ireland's youngsters are looking at other sports as an alternative to GAA. Those in the CCCC should be ashamed of themselves! Despite all the obstacles they put up a great show and had they had they had their full back I believe the outcome would have been different. However credit must go to Clonbur also who showed great heart in the second half to bounce back from a poor start.

What a load of rubbish. Had it been a Dromid player would you be saying that?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 14/02/2012 15:39:09    1111522

Link

Ulsterman

1111462 I would serioulsly think twice before booking any summer or weekend breaks in the South for the near future; they want our money and think they can abuse us on top of that. Many Southern hotels, especially in border areas, are very reliant on Northern custom and maybe if we spoke with our feet they would think twice about vilifying people. Is it any wonder tourism figures in the South are falling drastically; surly and ignorant attitude along with rip off prices are driving people away.

I think you're a bit confused there lad. The "they" that you speak about are my fellow countrymen, I love my country and I enjoy nothing better than travelling around it. I especially feel now more than ever that people should be holidaying at home and supporting Irish businesses and that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 14/02/2012 15:59:56    1111544

Link

Tom1916
County: Armagh

1111544 Ulsterman

1111462 I would serioulsly think twice before booking any summer or weekend breaks in the South for the near future; they want our money and think they can abuse us on top of that. Many Southern hotels, especially in border areas, are very reliant on Northern custom and maybe if we spoke with our feet they would think twice about vilifying people. Is it any wonder tourism figures in the South are falling drastically; surly and ignorant attitude along with rip off prices are driving people away.

I think you're a bit confused there lad. The "they" that you speak about are my fellow countrymen, I love my country and I enjoy nothing better than travelling around it. I especially feel now more than ever that people should be holidaying at home and supporting Irish businesses and that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Well said Tom1916, I too like to travel throughout my country. Ulsterman your not up with the times, there are great deals throughout the country, try the internet! I'm heading to Cork in a few weeks, was in Dublin a few weeks ago, nothing wrong with the accomodation prices (i'll give you the drink prices in Dublin alright, but that was always the case). We run a part time B&B the last few years and have the same people from Down, Laois, Tipperary and Galway. I like to think we treat them good especially if they keep coming back.

DanBreen (Kerry) - Posts: 73 - 14/02/2012 16:26:32    1111572

Link

DanBreen
County: Kerry

Tom1916

1111544 Ulsterman

Well said Tom1916, I too like to travel throughout my country. Ulsterman your not up with the times, there are great deals throughout the country, try the internet! I'm heading to Cork in a few weeks, was in Dublin a few weeks ago, nothing wrong with the accomodation prices (i'll give you the drink prices in Dublin alright, but that was always the case). We run a part time B&B the last few years and have the same people from Down, Laois, Tipperary and Galway. I like to think we treat them good especially if they keep coming back.

Ulsterman was once charged a €1000 for a bowl of soup by some cowboy up the Wicklow mountains, and therefore ALL southeners (whoever they are!) are partitionist, souless monsters out to get his money and thwart his every move through the media and GAA.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13707 - 14/02/2012 16:40:43    1111586

Link

Moomoo
Ahh yes they did im sure you just turned a blind eye to that. Well a lot more northerners are trying to make out that everyone is out out get them and they did nothing wrong and are putting all the blame on Dromid and the media and dont even try to say other wise.

Are you confusing - one clip wouldn't be representative of the whole 65 mins. etc with saying it was fake?
Absolutely, the original footage was real and anyone who suggested it wasn't is in the same mad club you are when you suggested Declan O'Sullivan's photo was photoshopped or the other footage (Equally selective) certainly doesn't represent Declan or Dromid as a victims.
"A lot of Northerners think everyone is out to get them". I think one Northerner has beaten that drum. I like most people I know from the north have family on both sides of the border (Sorry but true), I don't agree with partition or the new trend to portray northerners as a different species.
My call like alot throughout and in direct conflict with your postings is that BOTH sides did things they shouldn't. I will agree that there was much southern media hysteria which sought to attribute conveniently the blame to Derrytresk. I think two prominent Chairmen (Crokes and Dromid) and the Dromid manager should hang their heads in shame for the dramatic whinging and calls for segregation, Bans, and increased police and stewarding. This is not Linfield versus Shamrock Rovers as much as they'd like it to be.
One prominent Dublin poster even offered his analysis as perhaps being explained by "Northern aggression as a result of the Troubles". I went to great lengths to explain that for the folly it was and that the evidence would suggest Northern teams during the troubles were in fact the "whipping" boys and frequently told we needed to get bigger and toughen up. Post ceasefire - Northerners toughened up and started to win things. Where do you think the Northern teams learnt their new found ahemmmm ..."Assertiveness"?

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 14/02/2012 16:47:28    1111593

Link

Best post of this thread goes to Tom1916.

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 14/02/2012 17:06:24    1111607

Link

Superglue

1111607 Best post of this thread goes to Tom1916.

Which one Superglue I think he's posted a few now

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 14/02/2012 17:36:26    1111641

Link

DanBreen

1111572 Tom1916

1111544 Ulsterman

Ah now come on Dan Breen ..would you not spend an oul night in the North for a bit of balance. I can recommend a good B&B in Ardboe/Brockagh. You could take in the Sperrins in the north of the county ..maybe even give the Derry wans an oul turn.

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 14/02/2012 17:48:34    1111648

Link

its about time derrytrisk accept there punishment and move on
i am sure by now they know indesiplne cost them a all ireland title
note ALL IRELAND
i was at the game and the behavior of some of the derrytrisk supporters
was disgusting
the 2nd game on the day also involved a northern team from derry
and a kerry team
i must compliment the supporters mentors players of the derry team
even do they lost by 1 point
they accepted it in a very sporting manner

RAHKILL (Westmeath) - Posts: 395 - 14/02/2012 19:42:18    1111723

Link

The Central Competitions Control Committee have decided not to take further action against any individual Kildare or Monaghan players as a result of the altercations that broke out as the teams made their way off the pitch at half-time of the Allianz football league Division 2 match in Clones.

Instead, both county boards have been hit with heavy fines as a consequence of their players' actions. The CCCC clearly felt this was sufficient

The proposed fines have not been made public, but are understood to be €5,000 for each. The counties can contest the proposed sanction.

Just as I thought, one law for the southern/county teams and another for the northern/junior minnows

2leftfeet (None) - Posts: 130 - 15/02/2012 09:08:34    1111859

Link

It is this complete lack of consistency or continuity with the GAA/CCCC that gets me when it comes to how they deal with brawls/fights/shamoozles call them what you like. Any wonder we have 50+ pages of comments on the one incident when we see decisions like this in relation to the NFL match.

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 15/02/2012 09:32:09    1111872

Link

2leftfeet it's one law for subs & supporters running onto the field, out numbering the opposition, breaking cheekbones and one law of an even numbered wrestling match. Why do you think the Monaghan/Kildare punishment should be the same as the Derrytresk?

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 15/02/2012 09:40:55    1111879

Link

Just as I thought, one law for the southern/county teams and another for the northern/junior minnows

Nonsense. By the way Monaghan are a northern team. Catch a grip of yourselves and grow up.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 15/02/2012 09:47:34    1111888

Link