National Forum

Trouble at the All-Ireland club JFC semi

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

should not have posted delighted previously, silly post. well done both sides.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1250 - 13/02/2012 09:51:01    1110491

Link

yeah, time to move on. well done to derrytresk on their performance too given whats gone on. would be celebrating with a cup bar for 30 seconds of madness. tyrone football is on the way back to its old heights by the looks of it.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2625 - 13/02/2012 10:14:07    1110501

Link

Ulsterman
I have read some of the stuff of this thread and it is just spiteful, hateful bile towards Derrytresk, Tyrone, Ulster football and Northern people in general. This character TheRoad seems to be able to say anything he wants about the North and it gets posted but if you reply in defence of Derrytresk and criticise Dromid or Kerry it gets censored and not published. That is a disgrace but indicative of the way this story has been reported and carried especially by the Southern media who have an inherent bias and intense dislike of Ulster teams and 'Nordies' in general; there has been very little objectivity and fairness just a load of stereotypical rubbish. There has also been nothing said about the abuse Armagh had to take from the Kerry terraces last night; once again selective reporting.

Or else it means that what you are posting was deemed to be even more spiteful and hateful...
So now the website is biased also... Answer me this ulsterman, why is everyone who disagrees with you 'against the north'? Doesnt that mean that you are always commenting on the north/south divide in the first place? Just listen to your argument, anyone who condemns the actions of a club whose fans, subs and management ran onto the field and assaulted players of the opposition, who happen to be from the north, are biased. What does being from the north have to do with it? Would you be making the same points if it happened the other way around, because I can hand on heart say that I would have the same stance regardless of where they were from; fine them, ban them and make an example. Notice there is no conditional about where they are from in that statement? It is called being unbiased...

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 13/02/2012 10:56:38    1110527

Link

In the new video its strange that once the Derrytresk players realise they get a free they jump up off the ground

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 13/02/2012 11:15:14    1110540

Link

I wonder what the All-Ireland Leinster and Ulster championship will be without Meath and Monaghan for the next 5 years as I presume the CCC will be consistent.

cjx (Tyrone) - Posts: 270 - 13/02/2012 11:18:17    1110544

Link

justthis1
County: Tyrone

1110461 New footage of dromid v derrytresk http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gj17hnMMPWc

Fair play to Derrytresk, they said nothing to the media and kept it for the CCCC, as is the correct procedure. They were subsequently tried and executed by the media before their CCCC meeting, because Dromid did not follow any procedure. The CCCC recorded the media verdict as their own before they'd even seen the Derrytresk evidence. Shame on the CCCC.

Derrytresk were hung out to dry; scapegoats for the ills of our Association. They should feel very aggrieved.

Well done yesterday anyways, and well done to Clonbur for their spirited performance.

muffin (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 13/02/2012 11:33:47    1110555

Link

cjx

I wonder what the All-Ireland Leinster and Ulster championship will be without Meath and Monaghan for the next 5 years as I presume the CCC will be consistent.

If the subs and supporters had ran onto the field and assaulted players then yes you'd expect the same. That didn't happen so why would they get 5 years?

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 13/02/2012 11:36:48    1110556

Link

Well said Dan Breen and Realkerryfan

Ciarraiabu...shame on you

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 13/02/2012 11:56:09    1110577

Link

Superglue
County: Kerry

1110556 cjx

If the subs and supporters had ran onto the field and assaulted players then yes you'd expect the same. That didn't happen so why would they get 5 years?

Where the consistency should be is in the suspensions dished out to players. Monaghan and Kildare essentially skirmished from the middle of the field into the tunnel where someone had a go at McGeeney in addition to all the other pushing and shoving. One player sent off and 3 booked for this incident yet the incident at the JFC SF didn't merit one red card at the time? In addition, how illogical is it to ban a team from all competitions AFTER they play in the final first? Stupidity is rife in the GAA and most of it in the corridors of power

omaghredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 3656 - 13/02/2012 12:32:43    1110606

Link

The Road doesn't speak for all Galway fans on this forum. Clonbur and Derrytresk played out a very sporting encounter yesterday and either team could have won it in the end. Obviously I am delighted it was the Galway team who showed great character to come back and win it but both teams played their part. Well done all.

tommy k (Galway) - Posts: 3322 - 13/02/2012 12:42:47    1110622

Link

12/02/2012 21:15:57
Ulsterman
County: Antrim

Southern bigotry, bias, hate and spite won through in the end.
-----
When I said football won through in the end, I didn't mean it in a negative way Ulsterman. With all this talk in the lead up to the final about what happened off the field previous, it was refreshing to see that football was the main talking point at the end of a good and sporting All Ireland Junior final.

ahsure. (Galway) - Posts: 1571 - 13/02/2012 12:48:39    1110631

Link

tommy k
County: Galway

1110622 The Road doesn't speak for all Galway fans on this forum. Clonbur and Derrytresk played out a very sporting encounter yesterday and either team could have won it in the end. Obviously I am delighted it was the Galway team who showed great character to come back and win it but both teams played their part. Well done all.

Good man Tommy K great post - it certainly is true he doesn't speak for Galway fans (Not sure what his issues are someone alluded to a possibility yesterday)
Few years ago I watched Clonbur play against my cousins team Oughterard. Eamon O'Cuiv was running the line that day (Impressed to see a minister/TD so hands on)- hadn't realised he had a son playing. Stephen Joyce was actually playing that day still looked similar to his county era very useful still from the deadball. Wonder how many played that day and got their big day in Croker yesterday.

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 13/02/2012 12:51:39    1110636

Link

no Derrytresk supporters were involved in the highlighted video only subs as it seems was the case yesterday. One women accused of hitting a Dromid/Kerry player with a handbag after the match. The same fella who was accused of bad behaviour during and after the match that appeared to be ignored by CCCC. Anyway as Oscar Wilde's character said in the Importance of being Ernest 'A haaand-bag?'

cjx (Tyrone) - Posts: 270 - 13/02/2012 12:55:09    1110641

Link

Fair play to Derrytresk, they said nothing to the media and kept it for the CCCC, as is the correct procedure. They were subsequently tried and executed by the media before their CCCC meeting, because Dromid did not follow any procedure. The CCCC recorded the media verdict as their own before they'd even seen the Derrytresk evidence. Shame on the CCCC. muffin

they did indeed keep it for the ccc and on the basis of all the video and other evidence had players suspended. all the evidence i m sure was looked at. i dont think the ccc use joe duffy or you tube as their only source of eveidence in all fairness to them!!

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2625 - 13/02/2012 14:12:42    1110716

Link

Just want to back up tommy k here:

TheRoad does not speak for Galway GAA people, indeed I doubt he has ever gone to a club match in his life. He certainly has never gone to a club hurling match in Galway as he'd realise that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

onlyhurling (Galway) - Posts: 800 - 13/02/2012 14:43:42    1110746

Link

old yellar
County: All

they did indeed keep it for the ccc and on the basis of all the video and other evidence had players suspended. all the evidence i m sure was looked at. i dont think the ccc use joe duffy or you tube as their only source of eveidence in all fairness to them!!

I think you give the CCCC a lot more credit than they are due in all fairness

omaghredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 3656 - 13/02/2012 14:59:07    1110759

Link

I just wanted to back up tommy k here.
TheRoad does not speak for Galway GAA people, indeed I doubt he has ever gone to a club match in his life. He certainly has never gone to a club hurling match in Galway as he'd realise that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
onlyhurling

onlyhurling and tommyk - No one in their right mind would judge Galway gaa people on account of what one nuisance
writes. Unfortunately every county has them!
Galway is a great gaa county, I have relatives in clonbur, Im delighted for them on their win yesterday.

TheGateKeeper (Tyrone) - Posts: 2843 - 13/02/2012 15:15:46    1110769

Link

jx

no Derrytresk supporters were involved in the highlighted video only subs as it seems was the case yesterday. One women accused of hitting a Dromid/Kerry player with a handbag after the match. The same fella who was accused of bad behaviour during and after the match that appeared to be ignored by CCCC. Anyway as Oscar Wilde's character said in the Importance of being Ernest 'A haaand-bag?'

What video were you watching?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 13/02/2012 16:10:32    1110856

Link

cjx

If bans are given we'll have the Ulster lads on hear again saying the GAA are anti Ulster again

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 13/02/2012 16:23:20    1110873

Link

moomoo
County: Kerry

1110540 In the new video its strange that once the Derrytresk players realise they get a free they jump up off the ground

Really Moomoo? In the sma efootage you see Kerry players doing it. Even the guy that charged into joe O'Neills back hit the deck for fear of reprisal.
Now can we get some objectivity here. Again - we know this video to be limited but Dromid don't come across as the innocent lambs to the slaughter we were led to believe?

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 13/02/2012 16:23:25    1110875

Link