National Forum

Trouble at the All-Ireland club JFC semi

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Tom1916
County: Armagh

Dromid seeking legal advice, I was neutral on the matter but now I have no respect for them whatsoever. Grow up and get on with promoting our games and quit being such bad losers and so childish.

You're dead right Tom. Dromid would want to cop on big time now. The punishment has been handed down, they should accept it and move. Case closed.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 02/02/2012 11:19:11    1104106

Link

I don't think the GAA have dealth with it well but I'd agree on moving on from this. The punishments have been handed out, time to move on. From what I've seen on the clips, I'd disagree with the fine imposed on Dromid. They'd be right to appeal that, legal if required but that's about it.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts: 7824 - 02/02/2012 11:28:10    1104116

Link

superglue, I wasn't aware of that and if that is the case then my comments apply to Derrytresk too, as cute_kerry_hoor and legendzxix both said it is time to move on. The punishment is what it is, learn from it and come back next year even stronger and even more determined to win. As I said before I don't think either club should be fined as this penalises the community but they should accept it, they were both wrong and their behaviour was unacceptable. Both clubs should either publicly or privately apologise to each other and wish each other good luck for the future. Instead of wasting money on solicitors why don't they use the money to buy some of the less fortunate in their communities a dinner.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 02/02/2012 11:39:14    1104131

Link

DanBreen
County: Kerry

Stop making this North v South. Kerry have had their fair share of trial by "media" too over the past few years. Suggesting doing a lap around Kerry is a childish comment. We're not all anti-Tyrone or anti-North here in Kerry. I regularly visit the North and as Billy Keane stated in his column last weekend, I've also been "overwhelmed by Tyrone friendship and hospitality".

Well said DanBreen and glad you made the point about relationships. Would many of the younger posters have been aware that in the early 1980's Kerry used to come to tyrone for fund raising events and they were rightly and royally treated. Changed times now as wouldn't expect this to happy with any county team again though Mickery harte certainly took Sam to alot of places.
I think you are right about Kerry being victims of trial by media it has happened - without doubt.
The point being made though is there certainly has been considerable anti-north anti-tyrone sentiment expressed not only on this forum but other outlets and unfortunately for gaelic games in Ireland this trend is INCREASING.

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 02/02/2012 11:52:12    1104140

Link

Sorry Tom1916 that wasn't meant to sound like 'Well so are they'
With all the bad press about this and now the Sigerson game yesterday I can't see the appeal getting overturned.
Solicitor will end up the winners out of this. It's already cost two small clubs a lot of money. Could be a lot more if they aren't careful

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 02/02/2012 11:53:09    1104141

Link

omaghredhand
County: Tyrone

1104071 ShowsFair
County: Fermanagh

1104055 Imagine if the CCCC had been involved with the Carickmore/Dromore match, what level of bans and fines would be handed out

Given some of the schmozzles in Newtown and Donagh I don't think that you are in a position to take shots at anyone. Along with this did your own outfit not try and take lumps out of our young fellas a couple of years back in a friendly and got their fill of it as well as getting humped in the Ulster league a few months later?

I thought you had disappeared of the scene or were experiencing posting issues attributed by the administrator.

Anyway it takes two to tango, with respect to my own local club football scene, I could not give a toss.

What about the UL are you still managing?

ShowsFair (Fermanagh) - Posts: 292 - 02/02/2012 11:56:04    1104146

Link

Girlfriend is from Kerry, everytime ive been down at hers its been great craic, even went to games wearing me Tyrone jersey and been to kerry ai final last year and no trouble, all good banter! never had problems with kerry people and never seen any trouble between fans, regardless of what happens on the pitch.. i struggle to see where all the hatred comes from!!

tyronebhoy1888 (Tyrone) - Posts: 7 - 02/02/2012 12:08:41    1104158

Link

Tyronetim
County: Tyrone

1104140 DanBreen
County: Kerry

Stop making this North v South. Kerry have had their fair share of trial by "media" too over the past few years. Suggesting doing a lap around Kerry is a childish comment. We're not all anti-Tyrone or anti-North here in Kerry. I regularly visit the North and as Billy Keane stated in his column last weekend, I've also been "overwhelmed by Tyrone friendship and hospitality".

Well said DanBreen and glad you made the point about relationships. Would many of the younger posters have been aware that in the early 1980's Kerry used to come to tyrone for fund raising events and they were rightly and royally treated. Changed times now as wouldn't expect this to happy with any county team again though Mickery harte certainly took Sam to alot of places.
I think you are right about Kerry being victims of trial by media it has happened - without doubt.
The point being made though is there certainly has been considerable anti-north anti-tyrone sentiment expressed not only on this forum but other outlets and unfortunately for gaelic games in Ireland this trend is INCREASING.

Aye when tyrone were good wee boys and din't challenge for kerrys title. Now we come down and take no crap the old guard especially in the media down there cannot take it. Derrytresk tiny club embarking on the experience of a lifetime and CCCC have taken away 4 starting players, young fellas who were on the pitch fired up and maybe got involved in a bit of a tussle. The players coming from the stand made it look worse than it was and that shouldn have happened. Derrytresk have lost 8 from a panel of 25 and 4 of those starters. I hope to God they win this now and rub it in southern media faces. No respect at all for Dromid Pearses. Simple fact of the matter was alot worse happens every year in every county but because Pearses went to the media the outcome has been swayed

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 02/02/2012 12:17:18    1104164

Link

Kerry people are no different than anyone else in the country, yes they have a swagger and air of superiority when it comes to football but sure why shouldn't they. They earned the right to be cocky when it comes to football, their record speaks for itself and any other county would be the same with kerrys record, it's called human nature. So hats off to kerry and no doubt I'll see a few of you hanging about Portlaoise on 17/18th February.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 02/02/2012 12:24:52    1104168

Link

redhanddefender: Derrytresk have lost 8 from a panel of 25 and 4 of those starters. I hope to God they win this now and rub it in southern media faces

The GAA had to take a stand. They should even use video evidence to ban spectators who jumped in. The team I feel sorry for is Clonbur, who have been forgotten about and awaiting Derrytresk in the final. I hope Clonbur beat Derrytresk and they will have hugh support in the final as the intermediate final had Davitts from Mayo (not to far away from clonbur) and a Kerry team

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 11227 - 02/02/2012 12:25:49    1104169

Link

jackmeyhoffer
County: USA

"dan breen also did you see in billy keanes article about people in straw houses shouldnt lit fires??? maybe ALL counties should take note, no county is free from this kind of thing happening in club games and really are not in a position to grab any sort of moral high ground!!"

I agree with everything you say but confused about why you wrote this. I was merely answering/repling to one specific post. Maybe I should have wrote another essay on what I believe. Just to clarify yes I think this happens over the 32 counties and also in my own county.

DanBreen (Kerry) - Posts: 73 - 02/02/2012 12:43:17    1104182

Link

Derrytresk like Dromid are small clubs in strong football counties; they both did well getting to the semi final. It was a disgrace what happened and sure with that comes punishment. THe CCC should be transparent, publish their findings for all to read, if clubs want to appeal it why shouldn't they.......there are loads of cases of appeals of CCC decisions and I wouldn't blame either Derrytresk or Dromid for appealing decisions by CCC who are hide behind their decisions, are inconsistent and seem to be influenced more by the mass media rather than the rules of GAA.

Its a shame that all of this has fueled a slagging match on North South etc......breaking the rules, off the ball incidents happen in all counties.......some counties/clubs/individuals are more highlighted than others.

kerrykerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1779 - 02/02/2012 12:53:49    1104194

Link

Dromid seek legal advice! Is there no end to their whinging.
The longer this goes on, the more antipaty is building towards
the kerry club. Its amusing how the public fury toward the
Tyrone club is being replaced by resent ment against Dromid
whinging! Derrytresk's integrity as a club is sound, I would not
say the same for the kerry club!

TheGateKeeper (Tyrone) - Posts: 2843 - 02/02/2012 13:08:13    1104200

Link

Was wondering if Derrytresk have done the right thing and banned those supporters who came on the pitch and attacked players, surely they dont think this is ok?

bad.monkey (USA) - Posts: 4624 - 02/02/2012 13:17:35    1104204

Link

Thegatekeeper - Derrytresk are seeking the same.
I presume you also see this as whinging

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 02/02/2012 13:52:47    1104233

Link

sorry dan breen just wanted people here to get a sample of what billy keane wrote at the weekend as a follow up to your mention of him, the comment was meant for the forum as a whole, because I think too many counties like to think of their own as angels and yet when we dig deeper this underbelly is in every part of the GAA. I think a lot of it stems from the lack of respect for officials and the refusal of the GAA to pay ex players to referee , who seem to rather getting easy money pontificating on tv and in the print media!!! This is the nettle the GAA need to grasp and not the sideshow of managerial payments!

jackmeyhoffer (USA) - Posts: 148 - 02/02/2012 16:17:18    1104384

Link

Completely neutral view here....Firstly I would like to know why so many Derrytresk officials/managers were on top of the incident, from the footage it looks like they incited the reaction from the Dromid player (who was banned). And any substitute/official/trainer/supporter that enters the field to get involved in an act of violence should be banned for life from GAA. People got 10 months in prison for stealing trainers in english riots!! Any players that got involved should get 3 month bans.
What I witnessed from Derrytresk is an absolute disgrace, not only should at least 15 people from their club be banned, they should also be removed from the competition. They are a humiliation to the good name of northern GAA.

changingtosligo (Mayo) - Posts: 75 - 02/02/2012 16:41:11    1104399

Link

bad.monkey
County: USA

1104204 Was wondering if Derrytresk have done the right thing and banned those supporters who came on the pitch and attacked players, surely they dont think this is ok?
_______

Well hopefully that'll be taken care of in house but they have probably got a pat on the back...

JinxyPoop (UK) - Posts: 1162 - 02/02/2012 16:49:36    1104404

Link

Was it only players and subs who have been suspended. Can't belive "Clipboard man" has escaped sanction!

glenhead (UK) - Posts: 117 - 02/02/2012 16:51:34    1104405

Link

changingtosligo
County: Mayo

1104399 Completely neutral view here....Firstly I would like to know why so many Derrytresk officials/managers were on top of the incident, from the footage it looks like they incited the reaction from the Dromid player (who was banned). And any substitute/official/trainer/supporter that enters the field to get involved in an act of violence should be banned for life from GAA. People got 10 months in prison for stealing trainers in english riots!! Any players that got involved should get 3 month bans.
What I witnessed from Derrytresk is an absolute disgrace, not only should at least 15 people from their club be banned, they should also be removed from the competition. They are a humiliation to the good name of northern GAA.

Well thank god the rest of the gaa escaped unscathed and it was just the northern ones as usual! rollseyes

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12116 - 02/02/2012 16:58:56    1104413

Link