National Forum

Trouble at the All-Ireland club JFC semi

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Greetings to one and all,

Having been in hibernation from this site for the past few months, i've decided in the wake of this mess to air my views.

All the fuss over a twenty second flare up? When I saw all the rumblings in the media, I had to youtube the clip.
My god what has the world come to. I've seen worse coming out of second mass on a Sunday.

Call that a brawl? I've seen far worse.

Also the anti-southern bias on this site is a disgrace. Sections of the Tyrone media are looking at this through rose tinted glasses. Tyrone will never win another All Ireland...FACT.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

joseff (Louth) - Posts: 964 - 29/01/2012 11:24:45    1101987

Link

joseff
County: Louth

Having been in hibernation from this site for the past few months, i've decided in the wake of this mess to air my views.

Also the anti-southern bias on this site is a disgrace. Sections of the Tyrone media are looking at this through rose tinted glasses. Tyrone will never win another All Ireland...FACT.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All that hibernation must have played havoc with your eyesight Josef - or is it a case of there is none so blind as those that will not see?

You must have skipped over many of the poisonous posts if you have come to the conclusion that there is an anti-southern bias on this forum.

Oh and as to 'Tyrone will never win another All Ireland...FACT' - not a fact....FACT

caz (Tyrone) - Posts: 111 - 29/01/2012 12:06:58    1102000

Link

caz
County: Tyrone

joseff
County: Louth

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All that hibernation must have played havoc with your eyesight Josef - or is it a case of there is none so blind as those that will not see?

You must have skipped over many of the poisonous posts if you have come to the conclusion that there is an anti-southern bias on this forum.

Oh and as to 'Tyrone will never win another All Ireland...FACT' - not a fact....FACT

Based on?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 29/01/2012 13:13:25    1102024

Link

For what it is worth I think Derrytresk should be proactive and ban any player involved in the mill-up outside the 15 that were on the pitch for 6 months. Any so called supporter involved should be given a ten year plus ban. This whole incident has brought unwanted pressure and negative publicity to the GAA and Derrytresk (and Piarsaigh na Dromad to a much lesser degree) must take significant action immediately. There is no room for thuggery in the GAA and Derrytresk must send out strong messages to acknowledge this.

Culann (Dublin) - Posts: 2306 - 29/01/2012 13:23:20    1102030

Link

Caz,there is anti southern bias on this forum.Its not as open as the anti northern bias but it is here.Ulsterman is as biased/propagandist a poster as there has ever been on hoganstand.Most (not all) of the Northern posters here complained of us southerners immediately assuming that Derrytresk was to blame,seemingly unaware of the fact that they too were guilty of this prejudice as they immediately jumped to the defense of the Northerners.
And talking of Ulsterman,what are you on about,saying Im in bed with the kerry ones?Your man Yankee said that Kerry cant handle Northern teams.I pointed out to him that this is not true.I would have thought that a self proclaimed crusader for the truth like yourself would have appreciated this.
As for Joseff,the game lasted about 75 minutes.Dont base your analysis on a youtube clip that lasts 69 seconds.

TheRoad (Galway) - Posts: 1339 - 29/01/2012 13:27:34    1102031

Link

moomoo
County: Kerry

Based on?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee, let me think, could it be because opinion does not equate to fact!

caz (Tyrone) - Posts: 111 - 29/01/2012 13:36:43    1102035

Link

Caz,there is anti southern bias on this forum.Its not as open as the anti northern bias but it is here.Ulsterman is as biased/propagandist a poster as there has ever been on hoganstand.Most (not all) of the Northern posters here complained of us southerners immediately assuming that Derrytresk was to blame,seemingly unaware of the fact that they too were guilty of this prejudice as they immediately jumped to the defense of the Northerners.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure what you are getting at here - is correcting posters now deemed bias?

caz (Tyrone) - Posts: 111 - 29/01/2012 13:53:20    1102042

Link

Eamonn Sweeney noted in todays sunday independant that it was Kerry who fueled the media last week, but with Paul Galvin they blammed the media....

It is a very sad day in our association when one wants to expell another from a competition.................

Can Dromid, and Kerry not leave it to the CCCC to investigate.......
As another great commentator once said 'Did Seamus Derby score the winning goal in the '82 final or did he foul his opponent prior to the goal....
All outside Kerry would say it was a great goal....

cuchulainn35 (Armagh) - Posts: 1673 - 29/01/2012 14:02:39    1102048

Link

caz

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure what you are getting at here - is correcting posters now deemed bias?

Got to love comments like that on hear. People see what they want to see

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 29/01/2012 14:02:59    1102049

Link

moomoo

Got to love comments like that on hear. People see what they want to see

__________________________________________________________________________________

You really should start thinking for yourself - my earlier post states just that....

Your interpretation of my reply says it all!

caz (Tyrone) - Posts: 111 - 29/01/2012 14:10:22    1102054

Link

cuchulainn35
County: Armagh

Eamonn Sweeney noted in todays sunday independant that it was Kerry who fueled the media last week, but with Paul Galvin they blammed the media....

It is a very sad day in our association when one wants to expell another from a competition.................

As another great commentator once said 'Did Seamus Derby score the winning goal in the '82 final or did he foul his opponent prior to the goal....
All outside Kerry would say it was a great goal....

Did the same thing not happen in the Ulster Junior Championship last year?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 29/01/2012 14:11:47    1102055

Link

caz

moomoo

Based on?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee, let me think, could it be because opinion does not equate to fact!

Your opinion is that they will win another All Ireland does that also not equate to fact?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 29/01/2012 14:13:09    1102056

Link

Caz at the end of that sentence I said that most Northern posters immediately assumed that Derrytresk did nothing wrong.Thats what I was complaining about (although i could have worded it better i admit)

TheRoad (Galway) - Posts: 1339 - 29/01/2012 14:18:33    1102061

Link

moomoo

Your opinion is that they will win another All Ireland does that also not equate to fact?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do keep up!

I informed a poster that his declaration that Tyrone would not win another AI was opinion not fact.....

but since you are showing such an interest..... my opinion is Tyrone will win several more AI's.

anything else I can help you with now that I'm here?

caz (Tyrone) - Posts: 111 - 29/01/2012 14:22:14    1102064

Link

cuchulainn35
County: Armagh
1102048 Eamonn Sweeney noted in todays sunday independant that it was Kerry who fueled the media last week, but with Paul Galvin they blammed the media....

There's something biblical about that. "what he(they) taketh with one hand, he(they) giveth with the other"

As I mentioned before there should be some rules when incidents happen:
1. Clubs should not give tapes or tell stories to the media, only to the GAA officials or (where appropriate) to the police;
2. If clubs do give to the media, it should be everything, not just the bit that they want the media to see or hear;
3. If clubs do give just the bit that they want the media to see or hear, it should be given in one block, not a constant drip, drip, drip to feed the media for weeks.
4. Club/County chairpeople from neighbouring clubs should refrain from going to the media to offer their services as expert witnesses to the CCCC.

Both clubs have the right to due process, to go through the proper channels without being castigated by the media. If they have a case to answer, then it will come out; against both clubs.

It's been emotional.

muffin (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 29/01/2012 14:45:47    1102078

Link

Have the GAA decided on any course of action yet?

gaafan2012 (Dublin) - Posts: 10 - 29/01/2012 14:53:57    1102087

Link

Ulsterman
County: Antrim

Get a room with the Kerry ones TheRoad, your fawning worship is becoming embarrassing. The GAA lost something last week; along with rotten elements of the Southern media some so called Gaels used the Derrytresk/Dromid game to vent long held deeply bigoted and hateful anti-Northern sentiments.

That's a bit rich coming from Tyrone's no.1 groupie.
As for deeply bigoted and hateful? A look in the mirror wouldn't go astray.

Superglue (Kerry) - Posts: 1283 - 29/01/2012 18:21:26    1102218

Link

stop replying to ulsterman its just to long at this stage all the hate all the bitterness

hipster (Dublin) - Posts: 2509 - 29/01/2012 18:41:16    1102225

Link

what hate? what bitterness?, this is an issue perpetrated by certain ulster counties namely tyrone and armagh, success by these counties has created an arrogance which indicates a lack of class,end of.

mlcollins (Kerry) - Posts: 440 - 29/01/2012 19:49:57    1102265

Link

I think Billy Keane summed it up.Nobody heard of Derrytresk until this week,in fact there are people in Derrytresk who never heard of it also. Lets leave the episode lie and stop the bickering.

Real Kerry Fan (None) - Posts: 2957 - 29/01/2012 20:21:44    1102290

Link