National Forum

Kildare V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Htaem:  "Just bought the Leinster Leader and ah lads, we haven't hope if this is anything to go by. They're basically advertising the game as a family fun day, just come down and watch the Kildare team have a bit of a kickabout sort of thing. We have things like:

'Kildare of course gave Meath a big hiding in the opening game of the NFL'

(About the same game) 'winning 3-17 to 2-7'

(on their recent Leinster Semi trouble) 'The time is ripe for Kildare to finally put an end to that semi-final nightmare'.

'O'Connor Park is a stadium one feels will suit The Lilies'

Basically Meath are screwed. Well on the back of that I for one would like to congratulate Kildare on their semi-final success and wish them all the best in Leinster final. Hopefully you's can keep things tight and give the Dubs a right run for their money."
Thanks.

What does the Meath papers make of it all?

beir_bua (Kildare) - Posts: 746 - 13/06/2017 14:36:55    1999120

Link

Replying To beir_bua:  "Thanks.

What does the Meath papers make of it all?"
Your welcome.

Paper doesn't come out till tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 13/06/2017 14:52:37    1999129

Link

Replying To beir_bua:  "Thanks.

What does the Meath papers make of it all?"
They are hoping we are able to keep the score down, well under 10 anyway. That's the best we can hope for.

bobkarlgees (Meath) - Posts: 1263 - 13/06/2017 14:54:33    1999130

Link

Just bought the Leinster Leader and ah lads, we haven't hope if this is anything to go by. They're basically advertising the game as a family fun day, just come down and watch the Kildare team have a bit of a kickabout sort of thing. We have things like:

Htaem (Meath) - Posts:7614 - 13/06/2017 14:12:18

Have they gotten the score wrong from that game?

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13704 - 13/06/2017 14:57:56    1999136

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "Just bought the Leinster Leader and ah lads, we haven't hope if this is anything to go by. They're basically advertising the game as a family fun day, just come down and watch the Kildare team have a bit of a kickabout sort of thing. We have things like:

(on their recent Leinster Semi trouble) 'The time is ripe for Kildare to finally put an end to that semi-final nightmare'.

Basically Meath are screwed. Well on the back of that I for one would like to congratulate Kildare on their semi-final success and wish them all the best in Leinster final. Hopefully you's can keep things tight and give the Dubs a right run for their money."
More interesting question........what were you doing buying the Leinster Leader?! Opposition worrying you that much?:)

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 13/06/2017 15:07:54    1999141

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Btw all slagging aside. Where is lillywhite1 ? One of my favourite posters on hs, a real gent who knows his stuff. Anyone from Kildare know. Honest question as I am worried , thought he be all over this thread."
Ah royaldunne, thanks very much for your concern regarding my absence. I haven't posted in a while as I had to get a new password, just got around to getting it today. I have been following the thread though with interest. Looking forward to the game with nervous anticipation. It's going to be a lot closer than the League game in Navan on the opening day. Meath are a much improved team from that day with a strong League finish and an impressive display of scoring against Louth, far from being a one man forward line in Graham Reilly as some observers seem to think. On a personal level I'm glad for you that your faith in Andy McEntee has been vindicated as you were swimming very much against the tide of opinion on the Meath forum in the aftermath of the League loss to Kildare.
Might see you in Tullamore on Saturday night. Best wishes and may the best team win and go on to give the Dubs(more than likely)a real lash.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2986 - 13/06/2017 15:18:32    1999150

Link

Basically Meath are screwed. Well on the back of that I for one would like to congratulate Kildare on their semi-final success and wish them all the best in Leinster final. Hopefully you's can keep things tight and give the Dubs a right run for their money.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts:7614 - 13/06/2017

Maybe our papers are just taking the Laois approach to things.

Laois Today

The Lilywhites will bring their usual arrogance to the game but yesterday's victory will be a huge boost to the Laois players and they should be in fine fettle for whatever Kildare bring.

Damn f***ing right we brought arrogance into that game. We came out of it with a hell of a lot more too.

Don't worry though Htaem, you'll still be able to head into Croker on Leinster final day and cheer on your minor side as they stroll through the formalities on their way to being crowned All Ireland champs.

Best team in Ireland and all that... :)

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 13/06/2017 15:23:08    1999151

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Just bought the Leinster Leader and ah lads, we haven't hope if this is anything to go by. They're basically advertising the game as a family fun day, just come down and watch the Kildare team have a bit of a kickabout sort of thing. We have things like:

Htaem (Meath) - Posts:7614 - 13/06/2017 14:12:18

Have they gotten the score wrong from that game?"
They have actually ye, not sure where they got 2-7 from, the score was 3-17 to 0-16, not great either way for us, but there you go.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 13/06/2017 15:43:51    1999158

Link

Replying To kildare73:  "More interesting question........what were you doing buying the Leinster Leader?! Opposition worrying you that much?:)"
I'm on a scouting mission. Nah I'd be in Kildare a bit, so no harm picking up a copy, see what the opposition are up to.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 13/06/2017 15:46:11    1999159

Link

if_in_doubt

Ah no like I said, fairplay on your win and all the best for the Leinster final, it was long overdue.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 13/06/2017 15:51:10    1999163

Link

if_in_doubt

Ah no like I said, fairplay on your win and all the best for the Leinster final, it was long overdue.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 13/06/2017 15:52:01    1999164

Link

'lets be honest the amount of rubbish been spouted by Kildare is shocking'

royaldunne, if you managed to be as funny when you were actually trying to be funny as you are when you're not, you'd sell out every stadium in the land as a comedian.

Anyway, enjoy the game all. I think (as most people do aside from the lunatic fringe) that it's going to be a cracker & could easily go either way.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 593 - 13/06/2017 15:53:23    1999166

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "I'm on a scouting mission. Nah I'd be in Kildare a bit, so no harm picking up a copy, see what the opposition are up to."
tell the truth Htaem you just don't like using toilet roll !

WhyTheLongFace (Meath) - Posts: 875 - 13/06/2017 15:53:47    1999167

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "
Replying To if_in_doubt:  "We have at least10 of him, so how will Kildare stop them ? Cant double up on all them :)

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts:11357 - 10/06/2017

10 players incapable of defending or winning ball in midfield? Should be a handy one for us so :)"
Nope 10 players capable of scoring 7 points each :) dont worry we still have Donal keoghan and co to stop you lot getting scores, remember Donal? As a debut he ended some Doyle lad from Kildare career :) , we aslo have menton he ended some Earley lads career too that day, despite nearly loosing a eye. (woder how that happened) we also ended the Cavan exile , and the manager too.
Who will.we end this time??"
Haha. Now that's how to thrash talk.

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 13/06/2017 17:34:19    1999236

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "if_in_doubt

Ah no like I said, fairplay on your win and all the best for the Leinster final, it was long overdue."
Sure Sam will be in nawbridge for winter

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 13/06/2017 17:36:47    1999238

Link

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "Yeah it has an we have Paddy O'Rourke's kickouts which we didn't have in the league which is an advantage despite his proneness to a meltdown. Our midfields strength is their running and ability to cover ground. On the Kildare kickouts though if they go long Jones and Menton give up 3 inches each to Feely and Moolick. We have to hope we can get punches and win breaks. But if they get on top they could just mark and mark and mark the thing and control the game"
I think Kildare will push up on the Meath Kickouts and try and force them to kick long where we will have the advantage in the air, Kildare will attack from the back as will Meath so the tackling and turnovers will be crucial, an area we did really well in against Laois, This should be a really tight game and it could be a mistake that is the difference in the end but a draw is a real possibility, can't wait

NorthKildare (Kildare) - Posts: 197 - 13/06/2017 18:31:17    1999254

Link

meath got 2-7??

lol

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 13/06/2017 19:22:08    1999278

Link

looking at the possible draws,whoever loses will likely have a better opportunity to make the last 8. but odd when you think about it.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 13/06/2017 19:26:45    1999282

Link

Replying To NorthKildare:  "I think Kildare will push up on the Meath Kickouts and try and force them to kick long where we will have the advantage in the air, Kildare will attack from the back as will Meath so the tackling and turnovers will be crucial, an area we did really well in against Laois, This should be a really tight game and it could be a mistake that is the difference in the end but a draw is a real possibility, can't wait"
Is there tickets on sale on day? I want to see this game. It could be fireworks all around

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 13/06/2017 19:35:02    1999288

Link

Preliminary forecast is looking perfect for this match too. 22c at 7pm with little or no wind. If anything it could even be on the warm side. I remember listening to the pre match build up on Newstalk before the Kildare / Laois match and Anthony Moyles who was their representative there that day said he never seen a team pushed so hard in the warm up than Laois where before the match that day. He was saying as player to have to under go that level of intensity can't be good for your conditioning or your moral. That was a warm day too. I'd be very hopefully Meath will be in a much better state before throw in this time. Just need to be careful not to over do things on the day.

Coylesrighthand (Meath) - Posts: 11 - 13/06/2017 20:22:07    1999301

Link