National Forum

Kildare V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KildareKelly:  "I'd agree with previous posters on the attendance. 12000 looked a very strange figure from where I was standing. I thought it was definitely higher."
Absolutely, if you consider the stand holds 8000 by my understanding there was certainly more than 4000 odd at the other parts of the ground

Richieq (Meath) - Posts: 3734 - 19/06/2017 23:26:03    2002244

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "kildare 3 leinsters since 1935 and 0 all-irelands.

meath 20 leinsters and 7 all-irelands.

would take that stat ahead of your one!"
Oh yeah there is no doubt that meath have been more successful however im merely pointing out that when the two sides have met there has been very little to seperate them.

11jm11 (Kildare) - Posts: 365 - 19/06/2017 23:47:49    2002253

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "grow up"
Grow up? I'm merely saying what I believe. Wtf are you concerned about anyway, it's the only rivalry left in the province.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 19/06/2017 23:55:54    2002258

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "grow up"
Grow up? I'm merely saying what I believe. Wtf are you concerned about anyway, it's the only rivalry left in the province.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 19/06/2017 23:57:37    2002259

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "cant wait , to shut your arrogance up."
Unless you are on the Dublin panel you won't actually be shutting anyone up!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 20/06/2017 07:10:09    2002276

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "Grow up? I'm merely saying what I believe. Wtf are you concerned about anyway, it's the only rivalry left in the province."
first leinster final since 09 and suddenly ye have a rivalry with dublin?

eh.......

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 20/06/2017 08:15:40    2002287

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "no medals for what we have done ? you have done nothing lol ..."
If you read what I said, and take your time if you need to, I think you will find that's exactly what I said!!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 20/06/2017 09:27:37    2002318

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "cant wait , to shut your arrogance up."
How are you going to shut anyone up? Are you on the Dublin panel? Do you often take credit for other people's work? You aren't even in the final yet anyway. Are you just assuming you are going to be in it? Careful, you are starting to sound arrogant there.

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 20/06/2017 09:33:05    2002323

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "this thread is bstshitcrazy!! At this rate the meath lads will be up for Dublin if we beat westmeath!"
I have no problem saying I hope you's (or Westmeath) hammer Kildare, worst set of fans I've come across in a long time. Cheering Meath wides when the game was well and truly over you'd know they haven't achieved anything in a long time when they're at that

meathforsam09 (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 20/06/2017 09:46:30    2002331

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "first leinster final since 09 and suddenly ye have a rivalry with dublin?

eh......."
Deary me the IQ has fallen through the ground here, I meant Kildare & Meath ffs

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 20/06/2017 09:51:47    2002337

Link

kildare 3 leinsters since 1935 and 0 all-irelands.

meath 20 leinsters and 7 all-irelands.

would take that stat ahead of your one!

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts:7916 - 19/06/2017

Liverpool fan by any chance ziggy? ;)

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 20/06/2017 10:05:14    2002346

Link

Kildare impressed me I have to say. I saw them earlier in the league in Navan and then in the league final, and I never saw a a nine point loss coming, especially after their display against Galway in Croke Park. But on the day, they got everything right and fair play to them for that.
I don't buy into the 'Meath have not improved' idea. We have but had a complete system malfunction in the first half. Alan Forde and Brian Power are two huge losses - they brought strength, aggression and a hardness to the side during the league and were badly missed on Saturday.
Also, Donncha Tobin was cleaned out at corner back while the other defensive match ups were going well. Management had to make switches to cover for Tobin and that really unsettled things at the back.
It's one of those results that makes Kildare look slightly better than they are and Meath worse than reality.
I'm looking forward to the Leinster final as I think Dublin are on the wane and it will be intriguing to see how O'Neill set Kildare up to go at them.
Kildare were a shambles last year in O'Neill's first year but his message has finally got through and their injuries have cleared up. McEntee is certainly capable of having the same effect with Meath if he has a full hand to play with.

Roger (Meath) - Posts: 470 - 20/06/2017 11:08:36    2002390

Link

I have no problem saying I hope you's (or Westmeath) hammer Kildare, worst set of fans I've come across in a long time. Cheering Meath wides when the game was well and truly over you'd know they haven't achieved anything in a long time when they're at that

meathforsam09 (Meath) - Posts:82 - 20/06/2017 09:46:30

Meathforsam09 I have to reply to this if only to give some balance. I moved a couple of times because I just could not tolerate the abuse from some sections of the Meath supporters at both our players and their own team. I was standing behind the goals at the far end of the ground in the first half and when Cathal McNally scored the poor Meath keeper was abused at a height from Meath fans all around me. I know things weren't going so well but that was ridiculous. Then when we moved to the terrace side at the other end of the ground i had some crazed idiots roaring at Daniel Flynn to get the F off the field even though the lad was physically running off with a blood injury to receive treatment and change his jersey. Would you get over yourself. Practically every team in the country cheers the oppositions wide particularly when the result has gone beyond doubt...that's just a bit of banter and rivalry and you have to take that as part of winning and losing in sport! There's a world of difference between that kind of stuff and outright abuse which i have to say is really off putting to the majority of genuine GAA supporters. Best of luck against Sligo

Kildare30 (Kildare) - Posts: 603 - 20/06/2017 11:44:18    2002409

Link

Replying To Kildare30:  "I have no problem saying I hope you's (or Westmeath) hammer Kildare, worst set of fans I've come across in a long time. Cheering Meath wides when the game was well and truly over you'd know they haven't achieved anything in a long time when they're at that

meathforsam09 (Meath) - Posts:82 - 20/06/2017 09:46:30

Meathforsam09 I have to reply to this if only to give some balance. I moved a couple of times because I just could not tolerate the abuse from some sections of the Meath supporters at both our players and their own team. I was standing behind the goals at the far end of the ground in the first half and when Cathal McNally scored the poor Meath keeper was abused at a height from Meath fans all around me. I know things weren't going so well but that was ridiculous. Then when we moved to the terrace side at the other end of the ground i had some crazed idiots roaring at Daniel Flynn to get the F off the field even though the lad was physically running off with a blood injury to receive treatment and change his jersey. Would you get over yourself. Practically every team in the country cheers the oppositions wide particularly when the result has gone beyond doubt...that's just a bit of banter and rivalry and you have to take that as part of winning and losing in sport! There's a world of difference between that kind of stuff and outright abuse which i have to say is really off putting to the majority of genuine GAA supporters. Best of luck against Sligo"
No one county worse than other, every one has its quota of loudmouth fools who lose the run of themselves at games. Its not confined to GAA either. Must be hard for players.management and officials to take.

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2135 - 20/06/2017 11:57:03    2002421

Link

Replying To meathforsam09:  "I have no problem saying I hope you's (or Westmeath) hammer Kildare, worst set of fans I've come across in a long time. Cheering Meath wides when the game was well and truly over you'd know they haven't achieved anything in a long time when they're at that"
Go away out of that Meath are some of the worst fans i have ever shared a ground with. We bet ye a few years ago in the league and i never met a more sour bunch in my life blaming this that and everything. From readinf this thread Meath posters are just as bad if not worse so come down of your high horse.

Cuckoosinging (Roscommon) - Posts: 992 - 20/06/2017 12:22:19    2002449

Link

This thread is great craic.

TheFlaker (Mayo) - Posts: 7885 - 20/06/2017 12:46:06    2002467

Link

Replying To Roger:  "Kildare impressed me I have to say. I saw them earlier in the league in Navan and then in the league final, and I never saw a a nine point loss coming, especially after their display against Galway in Croke Park. But on the day, they got everything right and fair play to them for that.
I don't buy into the 'Meath have not improved' idea. We have but had a complete system malfunction in the first half. Alan Forde and Brian Power are two huge losses - they brought strength, aggression and a hardness to the side during the league and were badly missed on Saturday.
Also, Donncha Tobin was cleaned out at corner back while the other defensive match ups were going well. Management had to make switches to cover for Tobin and that really unsettled things at the back.
It's one of those results that makes Kildare look slightly better than they are and Meath worse than reality.
I'm looking forward to the Leinster final as I think Dublin are on the wane and it will be intriguing to see how O'Neill set Kildare up to go at them.
Kildare were a shambles last year in O'Neill's first year but his message has finally got through and their injuries have cleared up. McEntee is certainly capable of having the same effect with Meath if he has a full hand to play with."
notably ollie lyons said that after their game last year with westmeath,that they looked at the gps after the game of all the players and it was pathetic(his words) wouldn't say meaths was great when they checked theirs after the kildare game..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 20/06/2017 13:31:04    2002509

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "wow !! aren't yous brilliant"
What part of meath are you from pal? When it asks you what county your meant to click the county you support not where you live

11jm11 (Kildare) - Posts: 365 - 20/06/2017 14:23:00    2002551

Link

When you go down the 'worst fans' path, there are no winners. I find that people say the worst fans are those they are closest neighbours to. Meath has borders with Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Westmeath, Offaly, Kildare and Dublin. I'm not sure are there any other counties that border seven others. That's a lot of local rivalries, which tend to be the fiercest.
We have some stinkers as fans but i doubt it is any worse than other counties.
What Meath does have is what I call 'gaelic football snobs'. Those are people who saw Meath win All-Irelands and look at other counties (six of our seven neighbours) as poor relations regardless of their ability and are blind to current status.
I wonder are there similar types in Down, Cork or Galway?

Roger (Meath) - Posts: 470 - 20/06/2017 14:36:34    2002554

Link

Replying To seadog54:  "No one county worse than other, every one has its quota of loudmouth fools who lose the run of themselves at games. Its not confined to GAA either. Must be hard for players.management and officials to take."
Dead right.

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 20/06/2017 14:40:20    2002556

Link