National Forum

Kildare V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Royalace:  "The gloating from some kildare supporters is unbelievable, as it was from a few leaving the ground last night. Maybe they'll have something to gloat about if ye actually win something. All in the past for us now but sure at least there's living people who can remember it. Far more successful county that won't change."
Calm the jets. They won't be gloating for too long.

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 18/06/2017 21:59:26    2001432

Link

Replying To kildare73:  "Your comment about BANDWAGONS is such tripe. Every county has it's so called bandwagon. You don't see Hill 16 full until the leinster final, if even then. Kerry don't travel in numbers until a semi final and on down the chain it goes. I didn't see near as many Meath people in Navan in a cold February night as I saw in the Tullamore sunshine last night so make sure your own BANDWAGON is fully taxed before you start pointing fingers. And if Kildare were to get the good beating in the final you so desperately seem to want, what would that say about your beloved Meath considering we've stuck a cumulative 19 points on you this year already?? Wouldn't that just make your boys look even worse? Check mate."
Very few Kildare folk around these parts last number of years

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 18/06/2017 22:00:40    2001434

Link

There's a serious edge to the Kildare/Meath rivalry on here!

Laois76 (Laois) - Posts: 1270 - 18/06/2017 22:09:14    2001441

Link

You don't win too many championship games with only really one top player. As I said last week. If Kildare hold Reilly they'll win pulling up. Meath just don't have the quality of players they need to compete at the top level. You can go through the whole team from goalkeeper up and none of these lads with the exception of Reilly would get on any of them old Meath panels. They still seem to have serious issues with physical fitness. Can't see them going places in the qualifiers to be honest. What's gone wrong with club level and underage in Meath?

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 4119 - 18/06/2017 22:17:53    2001445

Link

Replying To daytona11:  "Let's not forget we were missing two of our best forwards in nflynn and bmccormack."
Will either be back for the final ?

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 1454 - 18/06/2017 22:26:48    2001457

Link

Best of luck to Kildare in the final, you have to hand to hand it to them, the result in Navan earlier this year was clearly no fluke. I honestly thought we had progressed considerably since then but we were played off the park yesterday by a far superior team, it wasn't even close.

As for us, it's a big dent to the confidence but I don't think we're quite finished yet, we're not the Meath of old but we didn't do ourselves justice yesterday either. I think if we can get a run going then then we can still have a decent summer, but the lads have to be hungry to put this right, otherwise it's curtains.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 18/06/2017 23:02:13    2001476

Link

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "Will either be back for the final ?"
Flynn was on bench last night so he has a good chance. Ben is out for another bit I think.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 4012 - 18/06/2017 23:05:15    2001478

Link

This thread reminds me of a cat watching two mice fight over a crumb of cheese.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 18/06/2017 23:05:48    2001479

Link

Replying To Royalace:  "The gloating from some kildare supporters is unbelievable, as it was from a few leaving the ground last night. Maybe they'll have something to gloat about if ye actually win something. All in the past for us now but sure at least there's living people who can remember it. Far more successful county that won't change."
You lads invented gloating. Bad losers and worse winners. Can't beat you by enough.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 4012 - 18/06/2017 23:07:14    2001480

Link

Replying To tiobraid:  "You don't win too many championship games with only really one top player. As I said last week. If Kildare hold Reilly they'll win pulling up. Meath just don't have the quality of players they need to compete at the top level. You can go through the whole team from goalkeeper up and none of these lads with the exception of Reilly would get on any of them old Meath panels. They still seem to have serious issues with physical fitness. Can't see them going places in the qualifiers to be honest. What's gone wrong with club level and underage in Meath?"
Not to nit pick but I think Keogan is a better player then Reilly, far more consistent and I think he would start on any of our teams down through the years. But you're certainly right, not many of the current crop would get a place on our All-Ireland teams, not to be harsh on them but they haven't shown the required talent yet.

Underage and club championship structures have been a disaster for years in Meath, well behind the times and it shows. Underage structures are improving are to be fair but the club championships are still an uncompetitive mess and I don't see how we can make real progress until they are addressed.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 18/06/2017 23:17:51    2001488

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Like your own thread on your Kildare section, where have all the lillies gone?
I will wish lilywhite1 well. A true supporter, like myself would be at O'Byrne matches etc. Kildare are the worst bandwagon supporters ever. Very few were going to division 3 matches except lillywhite1.
And should you get hammered, it will prove yesterday was a outlier , happens we move on.
We are Meath 7 all Irelands (plenty that have been seen by modern supporters) 20+Leinster again majority recent. We are Meath we know we will get back to top soon"
Maybe if you stopped looking behind you and started worrying about what challenges lie ahead you might learn something. All I hear about is you living on past glories, they are no good to you now. Get over them!! Indeed you are Meath......and you have been disposed of!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 18/06/2017 23:24:03    2001493

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "This thread reminds me of a cat watching two mice fight over a crumb of cheese."
You need to stop watching mice and get out more:) See you in Croker!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 18/06/2017 23:27:49    2001495

Link

Get used to it Meath lads, be a long time before ye beat us in championship again

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 18/06/2017 23:32:10    2001498

Link

And don't be ripping wee Louth off in that all important junior final either :)

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 18/06/2017 23:35:12    2001500

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "Get used to it Meath lads, be a long time before ye beat us in championship again"
Maybe Meath will show up the next day then we'll see who wins

Royal.Legend (Meath) - Posts: 665 - 19/06/2017 10:05:41    2001637

Link

This thread bored me before the game & even though I'm thrilled with Kildare's performance it's still boring me ! Some childish stuff on both sides......led as always by you know who.

Anyway......we've clearly improved a lot. How close it will get us to Dublin I don't know but I can't wait to see. (sorry Westmeath)
Some good competition for places on Kildare's 15 with Neil Flynn/Paul Cribbin to come back who would have been certain starters if fit. (whether they'll get back in I don't know, could you drop McNally after scoring 1-3 in the first half ?)
I think Brophy will come on loads for that game too: gave Meath loads of problems even though he was clearly rusty. Another 4 weeks training with a round ball & he should be flying.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see Cian putting 13 men behind the ball as some are saying. I don't think we have the players that are suited to it to be honest. Some of our defenders love getting forward : Doyle, Lyons, Cribbin, Hyland...

Well done to whoever made the decision to put in on in Tullamore. Fantastic evening out, miles better than having it in Croker.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 593 - 19/06/2017 11:53:26    2001713

Link

Replying To daytona11:  "Flynn was on bench last night so he has a good chance. Ben is out for another bit I think."
Zero chance of McCormack making it unfortunately.

beir_bua (Kildare) - Posts: 746 - 19/06/2017 11:55:04    2001716

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "Get used to it Meath lads, be a long time before ye beat us in championship again"
Maybe Meath will show up the next day then we'll see who wins

Royal.Legend (Meath) - Posts: 665 - 19/06/2017 12:20:52    2001747

Link

I enjoyed watching Kildare and the pace they moved the ball at during the game. O Neill is defo building something there so hopefully they can keep improving. Meath are woeful, starting with the kickout strategy, lamping it down the middle time after time for the whole game? If that came from the sideline it is very worrying.

TheFlaker (Mayo) - Posts: 7885 - 19/06/2017 12:22:45    2001750

Link

The worrying thing for me is there was only 12,000 patrons attending a leinster semi final in a venue close to both counties. 15 years ago this would of had 30-40k at it no problem.

This is a direct effect of the Dublin dominance. And as we've seen in Leinster, Dublins attendances have dropped dramatically too in leinster since they've started winning with ease.

So well done to the gaa for the forward thinking. We needed a stronger Dublin because it wasn't like they were competitive in their province previously and it wasn't like the leinster championship was very exciting with lots of teams able to win it. Slow Clap.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2920 - 19/06/2017 17:52:31    2002006

Link