National Forum

Kildare V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To lilypad:  "I'd rather be a lily than a royal
Oh I'd rather be a lily than a royal..,
I hope we meet them later on too so we can hammer them again!"
Who fears to speak of '98? Settle pettle.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 3097 - 18/06/2017 05:33:42    2000934

Link

Simple explanation here, we were outplayed, outfought and outmuscled by a better team, Kildare deserve great credit and they are a few steps ahead of us at this time, we are a work in progress as Kildare were last year so I just hope now we can develop some sort of run in the qualifiers. A heavy defeat like that was not in the agenda tonight but how we respond will tell the tale.

Richieq (Meath) - Posts: 3734 - 18/06/2017 06:00:07    2000936

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Totally agree, plus I think Galway fear us more than most."
Not after your woeful display last night.. There is a reason Galway and Kildare got promoted from Div 2 and it showed in the last week with their wins over Mayo and Meath. Meath are miles behind them..

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1626 - 18/06/2017 07:26:39    2000939

Link

Replying To TobinsBeard:  "I hope you remember this silly post when you are walking home, glumly, muttering to yourself, on Jone's road, after getting your backside handed to you on a plate by Kerry Or Dublin or Tipperary or whoever. Pride comes before a fall and all that!"
Pot and kettle comes to mind regarding you my friend. Think you need to reflect on your own posts. As regards respect it has to be earned. Many Meath fans in my immediate area at match were an embarrassment in the bole and abuse directed at their own players. And then started to walk out with 10-15 mins to go. And as for the two middle aged Muppets who abused Cian O N_roaring at him in extreme language to go the f back to Kerry and that Kildare couldn't find a manager on their own county. Ignorance is bliss.

commander (Kildare) - Posts: 225 - 18/06/2017 08:08:33    2000941

Link

I though Kildare were very impressive last night, the played great football and were strong all over the field, they look is serious shape now.

Hopefully Kildare actually come out and attack Dublin, might as well be positive against them.Teams being negative in Leinster finals certainly hasn't worked against Dublin and looking at Kildare they look to have the speed,fitness and physicality to keep up with Dublin (more than the other teams in Leinster anyway).

uibhfhaili1986 (Offaly) - Posts: 1296 - 18/06/2017 08:49:10    2000949

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Were not all like him ,I'm a realistic Meath man and can accept that we are a shambles ! He can repeat the same crap over and over! Tonight was a disaster simple as ?"
The last thing you are is a Meath supporter.
I cant find one post by you on this thread prior to game , but after defeat you are all over it, speaks volumes of your "support". With support like yours , we can do without it.
Doubt you even went to game.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/06/2017 09:14:49    2000956

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "First off, well done kildare on a serious display. Much respect. Will be a great final regardless of who ye play. Secondly I am not doing a "I told you so" but I did say last week that if graham Reilly was marked absent Meath would struggle against anyone. Thirdly in the first half Keoghan was destroyed. He is not a 6.kildare ran thru the middle channel at will. Finally, some lily fans should learn a bit of class and decorum on here. Don't kick RD and Hteam when they are down ffs"
You did say that. And unfortunately you were right. I didn't think the rest would look so heedless, that is something that needs to.be looked at.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/06/2017 09:19:08    2000957

Link

Replying To supersub15:  "They have plenty of ability it's just a matter of getting it out of them, something like Kildare 'till Cian O'Neill came along."
Very true. Andy took over from a very low base. There has been progress, but yesterday was a massive massive set back. Now we have to show character. The real test of this team is how the respond to this humiliating defeat.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/06/2017 09:27:48    2000961

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Not after your woeful display last night.. There is a reason Galway and Kildare got promoted from Div 2 and it showed in the last week with their wins over Mayo and Meath. Meath are miles behind them.."
That's why Galway beat us in navan!!
Oh wait......

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/06/2017 09:34:33    2000966

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "The last thing you are is a Meath supporter.
I cant find one post by you on this thread prior to game , but after defeat you are all over it, speaks volumes of your "support". With support like yours , we can do without it.
Doubt you even went to game."
I didn't post much before the game because I didn't feel the need to ! I went to every O'Byrne cup and league game bar 1 because of work ! I was there yesterday not that its any of your business ! Look if you just came our with a realistic review of the game people would not get annoyed...Your the man slating last years performances and blindly repeating the same stuff over and over ! Theres a reason people keep taking you on !

Anyway let's see who we get in the qualifiers but changes needed big time !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 18/06/2017 09:35:03    2000967

Link

Replying To TobinsBeard:  "I hope you remember this silly post when you are walking home, glumly, muttering to yourself, on Jone's road, after getting your backside handed to you on a plate by Kerry Or Dublin or Tipperary or whoever. Pride comes before a fall and all that!"
As previously stated, I think Dublin will beat us, in fact change that to roast. We just saved ye from a hugely embarrassing mauling by the Dubs, you should be thanking us. Not a silly post, I can give and take, enjoy that mine field, ouch!

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 18/06/2017 09:36:50    2000968

Link

I attended the match yesterday and was supporting Kildare. Tbh, I wouldn't be getting carried away with the Kildare display. The defence did well but at the same time when they were run at from midfield it was opened up quite easily down the middle -- some good individual interceptions saved the day. Their forward play is too formulaic. There is no room for individual flair or vision -- if a move is not in the coaching manual it won't be tried. There was one particular move in the 2nd half when a point was there for the taking on 2 occasions -- a needless extra pass or passes were added and the ball was then sent wide! When the margin came back to 5 points early in the 2nd half there was a real sense that if Meath could keep the momentum going for another few minutes and get the next point, they would wipe out the lead. Kildare have some very good young players and there seems to be a good spirit in the squad, but if they meet Dublin in the final I would expect Dublin to win by between 6 and 10 points.

PoolSturgeon (Galway) - Posts: 1903 - 18/06/2017 09:49:05    2000976

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "As previously stated, I think Dublin will beat us, in fact change that to roast. We just saved ye from a hugely embarrassing mauling by the Dubs, you should be thanking us. Not a silly post, I can give and take, enjoy that mine field, ouch!"
I think it'll be the most competitive leinster final in years. I think we'll run them close. Great to beat that lot out the gate.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 4012 - 18/06/2017 09:52:13    2000977

Link

Replying To Richieq:  "Simple explanation here, we were outplayed, outfought and outmuscled by a better team, Kildare deserve great credit and they are a few steps ahead of us at this time, we are a work in progress as Kildare were last year so I just hope now we can develop some sort of run in the qualifiers. A heavy defeat like that was not in the agenda tonight but how we respond will tell the tale."
We have much better footballers richie. Nothing really to do with progress or systems etc.

Andy mc is in trouble. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 4012 - 18/06/2017 09:55:55    2000981

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "As previously stated, I think Dublin will beat us, in fact change that to roast. We just saved ye from a hugely embarrassing mauling by the Dubs, you should be thanking us. Not a silly post, I can give and take, enjoy that mine field, ouch!"
Good feeling waking up this morning but I'm in no doubt as to the task that lies ahead. We seem to improving all the time though and given the age profile you'd have to think that'll continue on. Hopefully we can give a good account against Dublin, I think we wil

JJ1 (Kildare) - Posts: 547 - 18/06/2017 10:15:18    2000989

Link

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "3 Leinster titles and 0 All Irelands since the 2nd world war. I think it's high time ye stop celebrating semi final wins like it's the bee all and end all. I would love nothing more than for ye to make the Leinster champ exciting again but christ ye are bad winners"
In fairness to Kildare posters many are graceous

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2141 - 18/06/2017 10:19:42    2000994

Link

Replying To daytona11:  "We have much better footballers richie. Nothing really to do with progress or systems etc.

Andy mc is in trouble. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear."
Not concerned about Meath or who they have or don't have in team or management but you're spot on about Kildare. We have some exciting prospects to come in over the next 4/5 years. Good times

JJ1 (Kildare) - Posts: 547 - 18/06/2017 10:20:03    2000995

Link

Replying To seadog54:  "In fairness to Kildare posters many are graceous"
You're right there Seadog.
As are most Meath supporters.

But as usual you get one or two muppets from everywhere giving abuse (before, during and after).

Kildare defended excellently most of the match last night.
We created lots of chances going forward.
Massive improvement from this time last year.

Dr.Watson (Kildare) - Posts: 208 - 18/06/2017 10:34:43    2000999

Link

Replying To daytona11:  "I think it'll be the most competitive leinster final in years. I think we'll run them close. Great to beat that lot out the gate."
If you setup like you did today it'll be over by half time

I expect to see 13 Kildare players behind the ball if Dublin make the final

But please by all means setup like you did against Meath :)

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 18/06/2017 10:37:03    2001002

Link

cano meath and mayo meet in round 2A

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 18/06/2017 10:42:12    2001008

Link