National Forum

Kildare V Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To royaldunne:  "First off congratulations to.kildare. Better team won no doubt about that.
Meath never got going so I guess that's something, its funny seeing the total bs written by some, I have always supported my county but I am always gracious in defeat and even more so in victory, perhaps some Kildare lads and dubs could learn from that. This is Andy McEntee first year. This is the same Kildare manager who lost embarrassingly to Westmeath last year and is in year 3 , Andy still hasn't a full year under his belt. So cop the f on. As for graham Reilly ? Id give more credit to the markers from Kildare 2 who kept him quite, rather than saying they were no good.
As for myself? I will wake up in morning enjoy fathers day with my beautiful wife and children. Then I will listen to draw on Monday morning, dust myself down and plot a way to last 8. As i am sure Andy will do.
Hon the Royal."
You really talk some waffle.
My god you've such an inflated opinion of Meath it's off the wall.
Get a grip it was men against boys, Meath do not have the players no matter who you appoint as manager.
Enjoy the next round it will probably be the last of the summer.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1250 - 18/06/2017 00:16:04    2000883

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Jasus. How did Louth get on today I never checked."
Doubt he even knew they were playing

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2142 - 18/06/2017 00:16:29    2000885

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "First off, well done kildare on a serious display. Much respect. Will be a great final regardless of who ye play. Secondly I am not doing a "I told you so" but I did say last week that if graham Reilly was marked absent Meath would struggle against anyone. Thirdly in the first half Keoghan was destroyed. He is not a 6.kildare ran thru the middle channel at will. Finally, some lily fans should learn a bit of class and decorum on here. Don't kick RD and Hteam when they are down ffs"
In Keoghan's defence he looked like he had a problem with his leg early in the first half. Anytime the ball was up the other end of the pitch (which wasn't very often) he kept moving gingerly and then rubbing his leg. Doesn't say a lot though that we couldn't replace him. I do agree as well that I'm not sure 6 is his position. He's better as a man marker.

HighKings (Meath) - Posts: 271 - 18/06/2017 00:24:17    2000889

Link

Replying To Forpucksake:  "I hope there's a good few Meath men that will remember your lack of class this evening. I think you might cop a good dose of abuse when you get rolled over by Dublin in a few weeks"
I blame the parents, kids should not be allowed on adult sites

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2142 - 18/06/2017 00:25:14    2000892

Link

Replying To Forpucksake:  "I hope there's a good few Meath men that will remember your lack of class this evening. I think you might cop a good dose of abuse when you get rolled over by Dublin in a few weeks"
You may as well start it now so as Dublin will beat us

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 18/06/2017 00:31:51    2000898

Link

Lads, how good is Feely? He destroyed us on his own. its a pity he plays for Kildare.They remind me of Tottenham, They'll play nice pretty football against weaker teams(like Meath currently !) but when push comes to shove. They always find a way to blow it in the end.!

TobinsBeard (Meath) - Posts: 125 - 18/06/2017 00:33:27    2000900

Link

Kildare were not bigger or fitter than Meath, that's the old Rubbish spouted any time we beat them. Fact is we had another clear goal chance and kicked more wides, owned the midfield- as we did against mayo last year, and we played really good football. Defended well enough and got some fine scores especially against the wind.
It's ok for some of us to gloat a bit all counties have those who need to gloat
The rights are ours this evening. As for Meath, no need to dispair I can see them being promoted next year and who knows they might do damage yet this year

jonno (Kildare) - Posts: 260 - 18/06/2017 00:34:18    2000902

Link

Replying To seadog54:  "I blame the parents, kids should not be allowed on adult sites"
I'd rather be a lily than a royal
Oh I'd rather be a lily than a royal..,
I hope we meet them later on too so we can hammer them again!

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 18/06/2017 00:36:00    2000904

Link

Very good performance from Kildare. Well organised, defended really well, first to most balls and very strong in the tackle. Hopefully they can give whoever they play in the Leinster final (most likely Dublin) a good rattle. Playing in Division 1 will really help Kildare progress and develop more which in turn will give the Leinster Championship some value again.

A word of caution however. I would take the collateral form with a pinch of salt. For as good as Kildare looked, Meath were awful. Sloppy defending, over reliance on the hand pass going forward with little nous to create space in front. I commend O'Sullivan for giving everything to the cause but he is a very frustrating player who all too often wants to do it all himself. What I also found baffling was the guys coming off the bench and kicking points as if to celebrate reading their individual scores when reading the papers in the coming days. Meath needed goals and all too often when in goal scoring positions a pointless point would be put over. It came across as incredibly selfish and to me showed a lack of team unity. I have empathy for Meath supporters. It is clear through your various teams at underage that their is a huge appetite for success and any half decent victory breathing an enthusiastic hope but sadly those hopes don't last long. I really don't see Meath doing much in the qualifiers and the future does not look too bright I am sorry to say. Their neighbours Westmeath are in another Leinster semi final with players like John Heslin, Kieran Martin, Paul Sharry, Killian Daly and James Dolan, Meath are just not producing players of that calibre and the long road back is a very very long one, one that is not showing much signs of shortening anytime soon.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2782 - 18/06/2017 00:42:43    2000909

Link

Replying To lilypad:  "I'd rather be a lily than a royal
I hope we meet them later on too so we can hammer them again!"
I hope you remember this silly post when you are walking home, glumly, muttering to yourself, on Jone's road, after getting your backside handed to you on a plate by Kerry Or Dublin or Tipperary or whoever. Pride comes before a fall and all that!

TobinsBeard (Meath) - Posts: 125 - 18/06/2017 00:43:31    2000910

Link

Replying To TobinsBeard:  "Lads, how good is Feely? He destroyed us on his own. its a pity he plays for Kildare.They remind me of Tottenham, They'll play nice pretty football against weaker teams(like Meath currently !) but when push comes to shove. They always find a way to blow it in the end.!"
Those last few lines are big talk for someone who's team just got their second stuffing of the year from us. Maybe concentrate on your own teams failures, which are many, and let us look after ours. I couldn't believe the optimism from some Meath people on here, a couple in particular. We are a superior team to Meath, proved it in the league but some people wiped that from memory because it suited them to dismiss Kildare. But we proved it again tonight. We've pulled together a good hard working bunch of players now, the county is behind them so let's see where it takes us. It's been very enjoyable so far!!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 854 - 18/06/2017 00:46:52    2000911

Link

Replying To jonno:  "Kildare were not bigger or fitter than Meath, that's the old Rubbish spouted any time we beat them. Fact is we had another clear goal chance and kicked more wides, owned the midfield- as we did against mayo last year, and we played really good football. Defended well enough and got some fine scores especially against the wind.
It's ok for some of us to gloat a bit all counties have those who need to gloat
The rights are ours this evening. As for Meath, no need to dispair I can see them being promoted next year and who knows they might do damage yet this year"
You were a better footballing team as well as being bigger and stronger. I don't know what the story is without Kildare and hating compliments. I said after the league game your athleticism impressed me a lot and I got abuse on the Kildare forum haha. What is wrong with being big and strong. I wish I could call the Meath team that

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 1458 - 18/06/2017 00:51:21    2000912

Link

Replying To westkerry:  "You really talk some waffle.
My god you've such an inflated opinion of Meath it's off the wall.
Get a grip it was men against boys, Meath do not have the players no matter who you appoint as manager.
Enjoy the next round it will probably be the last of the summer."
Were not all like him ,I'm a realistic Meath man and can accept that we are a shambles ! He can repeat the same crap over and over! Tonight was a disaster simple as ?

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 18/06/2017 00:53:02    2000913

Link

Sad!

Jimin10 (Meath) - Posts: 783 - 18/06/2017 00:54:09    2000914

Link

Replying To supersub15:  "They have plenty of ability it's just a matter of getting it out of them, something like Kildare 'till Cian O'Neill came along."
Rubbish we were outplayed from start to finish

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 18/06/2017 00:54:43    2000915

Link

Was really impressed with Kildare, some of their points were fantastic. Hopefully we'll finally get an enjoyable Leinster final (Should we beat Westmeath)

Hill16Army (Dublin) - Posts: 88 - 18/06/2017 00:56:47    2000916

Link

Hard luck to Meath. Better team won on the night.

Huge set up in class the next day. Going to have to be a lot more clinical in the forwards.

Still, great to win. Come on Kildare!!

Dr.Watson (Kildare) - Posts: 208 - 18/06/2017 01:01:52    2000917

Link

3 Leinster titles and 0 All Irelands since the 2nd world war. I think it's high time ye stop celebrating semi final wins like it's the bee all and end all. I would love nothing more than for ye to make the Leinster champ exciting again but christ ye are bad winners

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 1458 - 18/06/2017 01:10:47    2000919

Link

Delighted with the win.

Hard luck to Meath. Some posters need to take a chill pill. This time last year Kildare were falling over the line against Wexford and throwing away a six point lead against Westmeath in two abysmal football matches. Meath will come on a lot in the next 12 months. Kildare are just a bit further down the line at the moment and have a nice pool of players who have tasted underage success.

Things have fallen right for Kildare this year and O'Neill is doing a great job. Flynn is injury free for the first time since he came back from Australia. Doyle has a full season under his belt unlike last year. Feely too missed most of last year's championship. O'Grady and Keith Cribbin are big additions to the defence and Brophy's return is the icing on the cake. He wasn't particularly accurate today but he has only been back less than six weeks. Once he gets his eye in he'll be a serious asset.

beir_bua (Kildare) - Posts: 746 - 18/06/2017 03:07:18    2000931

Link

Hard luck Meath lads. Listen a year is a long time in football, just keep plugging away and you'll reap the rewards. Well done to the Kildare team and management, that win has was desperately needed as we've been suffering a long time now

Kiwiq (Kildare) - Posts: 38 - 18/06/2017 03:26:20    2000933

Link