National Forum

Diarmuid Connolly and threat of suspension

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Never understood the near bloodthirsty demand for suspensions on here, before anyone pipes in I'm not suggesting lads get away with murder or that there are not consequences for actions, but bearing in mind its an amateur sport with few enough games considering the amount of time a lad puts into training , yet we all love to see an opponent get suspended ????????
Tit for Tat on here is rampant some posters missing out on a vocation in Politics and History how they can recall an other counties players previous indiscretions is beyond me.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 24/04/2017 16:14:58    1982265

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Absolutely clondalkin, although technically the ref did already deal with lyne as he did with Brian Fenton with the yellow which was a clear black.

Also my Irish wouldn't be up to scratch but from what I could make out is that Steve cluxton got his yellow for going into the referees room at half time.

I wonder what was he going in there for?"
Just before half time Kerry got a disputed 45 cluxton was not happy, from where I was in the ground while remonstrating with the umpire he put his hand on him that's why I thought he got the yellow

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 944 - 24/04/2017 16:27:16    1982272

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Never understood the near bloodthirsty demand for suspensions on here, before anyone pipes in I'm not suggesting lads get away with murder or that there are not consequences for actions, but bearing in mind its an amateur sport with few enough games considering the amount of time a lad puts into training , yet we all love to see an opponent get suspended ????????
Tit for Tat on here is rampant some posters missing out on a vocation in Politics and History how they can recall an other counties players previous indiscretions is beyond me."
Damo it's all about fairness isn't it , why has there to be rules for us and no rules for Dublin?

You've got to admit it looks dodgy that mattie Donnelly got a match suspension for less than what McCarthy McMahon McCauley and Walsh did in the league final.

It's true what they say about the cccc in that they only see what they want to see.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 24/04/2017 22:44:38    1982381

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Damo it's all about fairness isn't it , why has there to be rules for us and no rules for Dublin?

You've got to admit it looks dodgy that mattie Donnelly got a match suspension for less than what McCarthy McMahon McCauley and Walsh did in the league final.

It's true what they say about the cccc in that they only see what they want to see."
It's also through supporters see and more importantly remember what they choose to remember , Kerry fans are no different to Dublin or Tyrone fans as soon as one of there players steps out of line they reach for the history book as attack is the best form of defence , you answered that much with your reply , I didn't reference a single incident , county or player in my post

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 25/04/2017 08:52:19    1982417

Link

Kingdomboy1 Are you the master in disguise , I went to town on him for two years as every single post he ever put up referenced fairness , that word like consistency is a mythological word that has meaning but doesn't exist , Take a look at your county and mine the organisation resources etc in comparison to Leitrim Wicklow Laois Fermanagh Sligo Louth are like multi corporations v the local Spar and do you care or I no we eat at the top table but still plea for fairness when it suits , you couldn't make it up

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 25/04/2017 08:59:08    1982420

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Kingdomboy1 Are you the master in disguise , I went to town on him for two years as every single post he ever put up referenced fairness , that word like consistency is a mythological word that has meaning but doesn't exist , Take a look at your county and mine the organisation resources etc in comparison to Leitrim Wicklow Laois Fermanagh Sligo Louth are like multi corporations v the local Spar and do you care or I no we eat at the top table but still plea for fairness when it suits , you couldn't make it up"
Damo
number one I would say my county have worked very hard to get where we are and nothing was handed to us on a plate so I don't feel one bit guilty for Louth Laois Wicklow or Sligo as we all started out on an equal footing and these counties have roughly the same population and the same chances/ opportunities as our selfs.

Do I feel sorry for them in context with what the have compared to Dublin ? Then yes I do.

Number two, I think fairness on the field is very important as in tight games it's the little things that can make the difference to a win or a loss.

And you've got to admit that Dublin get a lot of the big and little decisions.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 25/04/2017 12:50:59    1982508

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Damo
number one I would say my county have worked very hard to get where we are and nothing was handed to us on a plate so I don't feel one bit guilty for Louth Laois Wicklow or Sligo as we all started out on an equal footing and these counties have roughly the same population and the same chances/ opportunities as our selfs.

Do I feel sorry for them in context with what the have compared to Dublin ? Then yes I do.

Number two, I think fairness on the field is very important as in tight games it's the little things that can make the difference to a win or a loss.

And you've got to admit that Dublin get a lot of the big and little decisions."
Dublin do get big decision's as do all of the major players the difference is I can admit it , Kerry are a brand wake up and smell the coffee they are successful and attract money and investment in a way previously mentioned counties could only dream of ,
You'd have us believe the following
Kerry successful only down to hard work.
Other counties get off there lazy ar7es and you to could be as good as me.
Dublin the only successful county to get decisions going their way , obviously Kerry never do.
In a similar vein I put up a thread where you ever wrong , it was shunned by Kerry posters on the whole bar the odd comment from Kerry posters to laud and smirk at others.
You can chose to live in your ivory tower with your siege mentality if it suits but no one else is buying it,

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 25/04/2017 13:40:40    1982529

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Dublin do get big decision's as do all of the major players the difference is I can admit it , Kerry are a brand wake up and smell the coffee they are successful and attract money and investment in a way previously mentioned counties could only dream of ,
You'd have us believe the following
Kerry successful only down to hard work.
Other counties get off there lazy ar7es and you to could be as good as me.
Dublin the only successful county to get decisions going their way , obviously Kerry never do.
In a similar vein I put up a thread where you ever wrong , it was shunned by Kerry posters on the whole bar the odd comment from Kerry posters to laud and smirk at others.
You can chose to live in your ivory tower with your siege mentality if it suits but no one else is buying it,"
Sorry damo I never saw your thread was it on the main page or on ye'r home page?
And of course I've been wrong in the past just check the Kerry page if you don't believe me, but il always admit if I'm wrong and apologise if I wronged anyone.

As for me telling other counties to get of their arses and they can be successful, you put those words in my mouth, but do you know what you're right, look what Jim mccguinness did in a short spell with Donegal.

It can be done but maybe the GAA could help as well by instead of making Dublin stronger by giving them millions they don't need anymore ( coz ye'r self sufficient now )could give that money to the poorer counties.

Counties need to identify the right people with drive and determination and thick headedness and put them in charge.

The foundation for our success goes back 100 years and we were lucky enough to have a brilliant sponsor like Kerry group.

And it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 25/04/2017 22:46:40    1982710

Link

I was just reading in the independent that the cccc went hell for leather after an Antrim player to suspend him after an off the ball incident in a game against Armagh in the league, and gave him a one match ban .

It makes the fact that Philip McMahon James McCarthy and Michael McCauley and donnacha Walsh have revived no bans considering there is video evidence and all.

You have to ask is there justice for all?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 26/04/2017 12:19:14    1982836

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I was just reading in the independent that the cccc went hell for leather after an Antrim player to suspend him after an off the ball incident in a game against Armagh in the league, and gave him a one match ban .

It makes the fact that Philip McMahon James McCarthy and Michael McCauley and donnacha Walsh have revived no bans considering there is video evidence and all.

You have to ask is there justice for all?"
Nope

Never has been

Never will be

Never mind banning players, sure the entire championship in lopsided and unfair

The whole thing has never been fair, and "justice" is dished out in a similar fashion

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 26/04/2017 13:08:55    1982856

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I was just reading in the independent that the cccc went hell for leather after an Antrim player to suspend him after an off the ball incident in a game against Armagh in the league, and gave him a one match ban .

You have to ask is there justice for all?"
And banning them and not Lygne cause his shocking head lock challenge on Connolly was already dealt with is justice?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 26/04/2017 13:25:47    1982864

Link

BTW, I would say that Diarmuid Connolly's Black card in the league final was not as a result of provocation or him having a short fuse or whatever. It was pure laziness. he was not fit enough to track the young lad so he pulled him down.

s goldrick (Cavan) - Posts: 5518 - 26/04/2017 13:35:34    1982869

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "And banning them and not Lygne cause his shocking head lock challenge on Connolly was already dealt with is justice?"
The thing is I don't think they can ban lyne because it has been dealt with clondalkin but if is fair then he should be given a retrospective ban , as well as Fentons yellow being upgraded to a black if fair is fair.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 26/04/2017 13:46:51    1982871

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Nope

Never has been

Never will be

Never mind banning players, sure the entire championship in lopsided and unfair

The whole thing has never been fair, and "justice" is dished out in a similar fashion"
Jimbo the cccc have no say in how the provincial structures work and in fairness Duffy's plan for the super 8 will go a little way to balancing things out (it's not perfect but it's a start) but the cccc do have say in who gets bans and who walks free and it seem to me that they're not being fair.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 14092 - 26/04/2017 13:54:43    1982876

Link

Replying To s goldrick:  "BTW, I would say that Diarmuid Connolly's Black card in the league final was not as a result of provocation or him having a short fuse or whatever. It was pure laziness. he was not fit enough to track the young lad so he pulled him down."
We had the ball he didn't need to track the Kerry young lad , yes it was lazy on Dermo's part but nothing to do with fitness or able to track a player.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 26/04/2017 14:20:25    1982888

Link