Wicklow Forum

Intermediate Relegation Play Off

(Oldest Posts First)

I was at the Ballinacor and Aughrim match on Sunday, 4 sent off in two separate incidents. The last incident which took place near the Ballinacor dugout was ugly enough, Aughrim players struck by Ballinacor supporters.

Was anyone else at the match?

wicklowtom (Wicklow) - 03/10/2017 20:24:09    2052823

Link

Replying To wicklowtom:  "I was at the Ballinacor and Aughrim match on Sunday, 4 sent off in two separate incidents. The last incident which took place near the Ballinacor dugout was ugly enough, Aughrim players struck by Ballinacor supporters.

Was anyone else at the match?"
The main reason for all the trouble in the match, was there was no neutral linemen on duty. This lead to the game completely getting out of hand. Its a disgrace there would be no linesmen for a relegation playoff but would you expect anymore from football in wicklow.

jamesbyrne (Wicklow) - 04/10/2017 20:41:53    2053136

Link

Heard it was rough enough but doesn't seem to be much in the paper about it? Not going to comment on the scuffles as I wasn't there so wouldn't be fair. There was a scuffle between them in the group stage during the Summer, maybe it spilled over from that? Neither are dirty teams usually in fairness. 2 Aughrim linesmen seems very strange though seeing as it was in Avondale and I'm sure there were Avondale people there that morning who could have stepped in instead of the ref asking Aughrim officials. Chances are nothing will come of any of it anyway.
Does anybody know if Aughrim and An Tochar both go down or do they play off and only 1 goes down? I've heard conflicting reports about that. also found it strange that Stratford and Ballinacor ended up in the relegation play off as they were 4th in each group, wasn't it bottom 2 in each group every other year? Same with Annacurra in Senior; seems very unfair on them to end up in a relegation playoff after getting through their group to a qualifier with Rathnew?

LSDEindhoven (Wicklow) - 06/10/2017 11:06:11    2053512

Link

Replying To LSDEindhoven:  "Heard it was rough enough but doesn't seem to be much in the paper about it? Not going to comment on the scuffles as I wasn't there so wouldn't be fair. There was a scuffle between them in the group stage during the Summer, maybe it spilled over from that? Neither are dirty teams usually in fairness. 2 Aughrim linesmen seems very strange though seeing as it was in Avondale and I'm sure there were Avondale people there that morning who could have stepped in instead of the ref asking Aughrim officials. Chances are nothing will come of any of it anyway.
Does anybody know if Aughrim and An Tochar both go down or do they play off and only 1 goes down? I've heard conflicting reports about that. also found it strange that Stratford and Ballinacor ended up in the relegation play off as they were 4th in each group, wasn't it bottom 2 in each group every other year? Same with Annacurra in Senior; seems very unfair on them to end up in a relegation playoff after getting through their group to a qualifier with Rathnew?"
Ah stop will ya. If you don't qualify for the 1/4 Finals, your in relegation. End of. Senior teams have 4 games to keep themselves safe. If you are good enough you will stay up as you have 4 games to prove yourself. Not enough points to stay up after 4 games? Relegation. Unless the BIG TEAMS think they are too good to be relegated. As happened last year with some underhanded voting at a County Board Meeting with clubs

Gardenman99 (Wicklow) - 13/10/2017 01:28:17    2054960

Link