Wexford Forum

Senior hurling panel 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Cragask its obvious that you havnt a clue about hurling. Serioulsy Jack Guiney and aidan Nolan for Senior? With players like brendan hobbs, eoin doyle padraig doran and eanna martin starting on the team we would seriously struggle. These players are not anyway near county standard. Id much prefer to have good young hurlers like eoin moore and shaun murphy on the team. These kind of players can grow and develop into serious hurlers. The team u picked cragask has stragglers. And a team with stragglers is never going to win.

jimbobby (Wexford) - Posts: 44 - 27/08/2011 19:24:46    1020392

Link

Cragask its obvious that you havnt a clue about hurling. Serioulsy Jack Guiney and aidan Nolan for Senior? With players like brendan hobbs, eoin doyle padraig doran and eanna martin starting on the team we would seriously struggle. These players are not anyway near county standard. Id much prefer to have good young hurlers like eoin moore and shaun murphy on the team. These kind of players can grow and develop into serious hurlers. The team u picked cragask has stragglers. And a team with stragglers is never going to win.

Is this some kind of joke? no offense to murphy but he was of the weaker players on the 21 tean this year and as ive said about him and eoin moore, both struggle/dont make the oulart team so how in gods name can you justify including them in the SENIOR HURLING PANEL?? I said including 2 of our best and most talented minors in our squad would be a good idea because exposing them to quality training etc would only aid there development. when did i mention playing them? answer-i didnt.. i attented a huge number of training sessions last year anfd in every training game i seen, brendan hobbs was one of the best players on show. Padraig doran a 'STaGGLER' you mean the highest scoring forward from play in wexford!? the same player who scored 2-10 for oilgate in the 21 game the other week!? eoin doyle a straggler!? former captain of a very good under 21 team and accepted by everyone who has any idea of the wexford club scene as one of the stars of the future? the lad would of taken paul roches place last year if it was'nt for injuries.. eanna martin is a very good hurler and mark my words he will play a big part in our future. Dont patronise me saying ' i know nothing about hurling' when clearly my knowledge is on a diffferent planet to the tripe you speak. When you actually have a clue whats going on, come back and talk to me so i wont have to embarras you like a good lad! if i were you id be rather embarrased right now because clearly you havent a clue whats going on in the club scene and wouldnt recognise talent if it jumped up and slapped ya!!

cragask (Wexford) - Posts: 891 - 27/08/2011 19:50:22    1020408

Link

Good man Cragask . Go ahead and make a show of yourself why dont ya!

jimbobby (Wexford) - Posts: 44 - 28/08/2011 16:57:51    1020745

Link

funny you say that dexter2, i have seen 2 thurles sars games this year.lar scored 4pts and 1-2pts playing mostly in the half forward line.your right, a deserved hurler of the year, what's your point? are you going to tell me henry shefflin,joe canning,conall keaney don't play well at club level?Fact is wexford hurling at the moment is not top standard,and until the underage hurling structor is seriously looked at, it will be a long time before we can even come close to challeging tipp or kilkenny.

buzzer (Wexford) - Posts: 38 - 28/08/2011 17:41:23    1020801

Link

my point buzzer is not every inter county hurler hurls brilliant for his club every day. some players hurl exceptional for their club and cant make the step up to inter county and some hurlers hurl well for the county and not so well for the club. its just the way it is. i think using henry shefflin and joe canning as two examples is a bit extreme. henry shefflin is the greatest hurler that ever lived.

Dexter2 (Wexford) - Posts: 53 - 28/08/2011 19:52:38    1020982

Link

Cragask to be fair now you are showing yourself to be a very poor judge of players. Podge Doran was very lucky in my opinion to make the under 21 team and was very poor in all three games. Shuan Murphy was one of the better lads on the under 21 team and maybe oulart might be better off leaving the likes of Roche, Jacob behind and playing Moore and Murphy more often.

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 978 - 28/08/2011 21:14:51    1021129

Link

scoring 2-5 from play in 3 games and you say he was lucky to make the 21 team? you mean and il state a fact PODGE DORAN IS THE HIGHEST SCORING FORWARD IN WEXFORD FROM PLAY and has been one of the real stars of the championship even within a struggling olygate team!! i keep a diary of scorers and have been to 99% of the games so far. he scored 2-10 in the 21 semi final last week and you still dont rate him and you call me a poor judge of players? ah god, podge is an unorthtodox type of hurler and may luck awakard but he is a class hurler, any fool that does'nt recognise his talent are codding themselfs! im making a show of noone bar you jimboddy, insteas of talking crap, go get your facts right like a good lad. Moore has talent and potential amd im sure in the coming years will be a senior but hes nowhere near ready yet, lads in oulart will tell ya that! murphy is all effort, all heart and a vast;y improving player but he, like moore aint a regularly on the oulart team so realisticially speaking HOW CAN ANYONE JUSTIFY SUGGESTING THEM AS STARTERS ON THE COUNTY SENIOR TEAM? honestly the crap on here is like verbal d.........!!! and yes im aware shaun hurled well v glynn last week........

cragask (Wexford) - Posts: 891 - 28/08/2011 21:33:25    1021159

Link

Who did he score the 2-10 against and who was marking him that day?

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 978 - 29/08/2011 16:42:31    1022024

Link

from what i have heard, der is goin 2 be trials again this year when the new manager is picked, like before, so its up 2 lads nw 2 get fit stay in the gym and be ready for january, der are at least 10 hurlers in the county better or as good as whats on the panel dis year, they have 2 weed out the lads who are der 2 long and get frsh faces in and blood them,

wexyhurler (Wexford) - Posts: 3 - 08/09/2011 13:07:56    1029819

Link

Too much on here about E moore and S Murphy, they are not the best even at their age group. For me I suggest carrying Giuney on the panel as it will only benefit him and he can hurl and also in my opinion Pa greene of barntown has had some excellent displays this year too along with a few more. End of the day the new manager will make the call so here's hoping he'll make the right ones

freddy2 (Wexford) - Posts: 214 - 09/09/2011 13:43:26    1030577

Link

And you're dropping Matt O'Hanlon on what basis? Did he play too well for you're liking?

Croppy_Boy (Wexford) - Posts: 45 - 09/09/2011 15:56:47    1030747

Link

because emmet kent is on his team...and starting one man from d new ross district is bad enuf but ya couldnt have 2

wexman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 31 - 09/09/2011 18:13:06    1030887

Link

lets try get a manager first so he can look at all the lads playing in the local championships , oh wait sure havent we waited until its nearly over for that, god damn that was a bit of stupid wait .

bogstandard (Wexford) - Posts: 799 - 10/09/2011 10:36:21    1031101

Link

You can't drop O'Hanlon, he is a fantastic full back and is still very young and can improve even more in the coming years. I do think we need to drop the following Mick Jacob, Paul Roche,Willie Doran, Waters, Travers etc.. Rory Jacob and Eoin Quigley will be lucky to be still involved IMO both have ability and are class players but are just not doing it at inter county level for whatever reason.

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 80 - 11/09/2011 10:52:33    1031568

Link

Logger I cant believe anyone would write that. Where have you been for the last 6 or 7 years. I have not checked the figures but I would say Rory Jacob has been our top scorer from play in championship and league division 1 during that time.

lochgarmanabu (Wexford) - Posts: 938 - 12/09/2011 15:54:04    1032670

Link

logger;

id agree with dropping 6/7 of that least, only survivor would be rory jacob,. he is still our best forward despite been so hit and miss and despite his really poor goal chance conversion rate, the lad has talent and if he learned to go at players more and converted more goal chances he'd be as good as most forwards out there. the other players you mentioned, in my opnion, have bo future in a wexford jersey and have done nothing in recent years to suggest they can offer anything to the panel that younger lads couldnt.

In response to whom padraig doran scored 2-10 againts i'm fairly sure it was in the semi or quater final of the 21 againts our ladys island.

cragask (Wexford) - Posts: 891 - 12/09/2011 16:21:39    1032707

Link

cragask
County: Wexford

In response to whom padraig doran scored 2-10 againts i'm fairly sure it was in the semi or quater final of the 21 againts our ladys island.

No, it was against Monageer in the district final.

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 978 - 12/09/2011 17:11:10    1032765

Link

lochgarmanabu
County: Wexford

1032670 Logger I cant believe anyone would write that. Where have you been for the last 6 or 7 years. I have not checked the figures but I would say Rory Jacob has been our top scorer from play in championship and league division 1 during that time.

I have been in the stand looking at him. I didnt say i would drop him, but he needs to realise that he's not gaurenteed a starting place, we are not getting the best out of him on a regular basis. I reckon your right about Rory Jacob being the highest scorer in league and championship, but he hasn't done it when it really matters, a few examples are KK in the park, he did brilliant to round Jackie tyrell on two occasions and then shot from distance when he should have taken his 4 steps and given the keeper no chance. Also remember Galway in kk, he lifted the ball up onto his hurl brilliantly and then took the steps but blasted it straight at the keeper. Rory Jacob has the ability to be one of the best corner forwards in the game but he isnt doing it regularly enough and maybe for the walsh cup and some of the league games its time to give someone else a go there.

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 80 - 13/09/2011 14:11:37    1033474

Link

890202; yeah you could be right there chap, was'nt sure of which game it was but i remember he really impressed as has done all year with every team hes been invloved with.

cragask (Wexford) - Posts: 891 - 13/09/2011 14:33:16    1033492

Link

In short Logger you are saying we should drop our most effective forward. I dont see any logic in that whatsoever. Whether he could/should be better is not a reason to drop him. Why not go the whole hog and drop our five or six best players. Crazy.

lochgarmanabu (Wexford) - Posts: 938 - 13/09/2011 20:14:43    1033849

Link