Carlow Forum

Minor footballers 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

First game in the Leinster minor league today and beat Dublin 1-9 to 0-07 !

Wasn't there but obviously this is a fantastic win.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - 11/02/2017 14:45:13    1954731

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "First game in the Leinster minor league today and beat Dublin 1-9 to 0-07 !

Wasn't there but obviously this is a fantastic win."
wow what a result!

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 11/02/2017 15:48:37    1954751

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "First game in the Leinster minor league today and beat Dublin 1-9 to 0-07 !

Wasn't there but obviously this is a fantastic win."
well done lads

pennypincher (Carlow) - 11/02/2017 16:55:33    1954772

Link

Great result.

Jack_Sparrow (Westmeath) - 11/02/2017 22:43:18    1954927

Link

I was at the game and with all due respect lads it was Dublins under 17s development squad, don't get too carried away but a decent result none the less.

WonderBoy (Laois) - 12/02/2017 16:20:14    1955290

Link

Replying To WonderBoy:  "I was at the game and with all due respect lads it was Dublins under 17s development squad, don't get too carried away but a decent result none the less."
Why would Dublin play the U17's in the minor league?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 12/02/2017 20:09:19    1955563

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "Why would Dublin play the U17's in the minor league?"
I don't know ziggy why don't you ask the Dublin management that?

I got it first hand from a big Dublin GAA supporter that the main side were playing Mayo and that the development squad played Carlow.

WonderBoy (Laois) - 12/02/2017 20:53:15    1955608

Link

Replying To WonderBoy:  "I don't know ziggy why don't you ask the Dublin management that?

I got it first hand from a big Dublin GAA supporter that the main side were playing Mayo and that the development squad played Carlow."
I can confirm it was the under 17 development squad that played Carlow , my lads on the panel but was hurling v Cork in Cork , congrats on your win nonetheless

Damothedub (Dublin) - 13/02/2017 19:25:35    1956331

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "I can confirm it was the under 17 development squad that played Carlow , my lads on the panel but was hurling v Cork in Cork , congrats on your win nonetheless"
Isn't it great altogether that ye have the resources to have a minor football team in Mayo, an u/17 team in Carlow and a hurling team down in Cork all on the same day all complete with separate full backroom teams no doubt. At least you waited couple of days to burst our bubble, unlike WonderBoy who couldn't wait to come on and tell us. Of course WonderBoy was there at the game, no doubt looking out for potential future Leix seniors.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - 13/02/2017 20:40:40    1956388

Link

Wonder boy only ever gives us his balanced views when things go wrong alright. He never seems to have as many opinions on the Laois forum. Very quick to analyse our performance against London also with no mention of the Westmeath game on the forum for the seniors. Would make you wonder. Doesn't matter what Dublin team it was it's great for our lads to beat a Dublin team.

Hometown45 (Carlow) - 13/02/2017 22:05:19    1956432

Link

Replying To Hometown45:  "Wonder boy only ever gives us his balanced views when things go wrong alright. He never seems to have as many opinions on the Laois forum. Very quick to analyse our performance against London also with no mention of the Westmeath game on the forum for the seniors. Would make you wonder. Doesn't matter what Dublin team it was it's great for our lads to beat a Dublin team."
It was a good win , I certainly didn't come on to your site to gloat or burst anyone's bubble , came on to say well done and spotted a few posts already

Damothedub (Dublin) - 13/02/2017 22:33:04    1956446

Link

Hometown I'd be here all night if I were to comment on all the bad times in Carlow Football but sure whatever fits your agenda.

Onionbreath, cry me a river we can't help it if players want to play a far higher standard of ball with Laois! Just look at the weekend, we were too busy beating Armagh away while your lads lost to London......If you can't get take it don't give it.

Also, I posted it because I was at the game and wanted to give FACTS so delusion wouldn't set in about beating a Dublin development squad.

WonderBoy (Laois) - 13/02/2017 23:14:38    1956466

Link

Replying To WonderBoy:  "Hometown I'd be here all night if I were to comment on all the bad times in Carlow Football but sure whatever fits your agenda.

Onionbreath, cry me a river we can't help it if players want to play a far higher standard of ball with Laois! Just look at the weekend, we were too busy beating Armagh away while your lads lost to London......If you can't get take it don't give it.

Also, I posted it because I was at the game and wanted to give FACTS so delusion wouldn't set in about beating a Dublin development squad."
When you say "we" were busy beating Armagh, I take it you mean that in the royal sense given the input of Carlow players. Tell me WonderBoy, did Leix ever win anything without Carlow men on board? Your Leinster in 2003 wouldn't have been won but for a Carlow man and your league win in 1986 was backboned by Carlow men. I'm not old enough to ever remember ye winning anything else despite the apparent greatness of your beloved adopted county.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - 13/02/2017 23:54:31    1956474

Link

Replying To WonderBoy:  "Hometown I'd be here all night if I were to comment on all the bad times in Carlow Football but sure whatever fits your agenda.

Also, I posted it because I was at the game and wanted to give FACTS so delusion wouldn't set in about beating a Dublin development squad."
Laois are abysmal. A calamity of errors from Armagh handed them the game. Louth showed what level Laois are really at. Laughable

GAAman41 (Dublin) - 13/02/2017 23:58:34    1956475

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "It was a good win , I certainly didn't come on to your site to gloat or burst anyone's bubble , came on to say well done and spotted a few posts already"
You should have just said well done then instead of heavily qualifying it by stating it was an under 17 team and, according to you, it wasn't even a full strength one at that. Thanks, nonetheless as you'd say yourself.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - 14/02/2017 00:03:21    1956478

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "You should have just said well done then instead of heavily qualifying it by stating it was an under 17 team and, according to you, it wasn't even a full strength one at that. Thanks, nonetheless as you'd say yourself."
It was being questioned as to what team it was , I answered , at no stage did I say it was under strength mr trump

Damothedub (Dublin) - 14/02/2017 07:38:57    1956492

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "It was being questioned as to what team it was , I answered , at no stage did I say it was under strength mr trump"
U17 or u18 it doesn't matter they still would have lost. What wages is your son on per week with the U17s?

GAAman41 (Dublin) - 14/02/2017 10:35:25    1956560

Link

Replying To GAAman41:  "U17 or u18 it doesn't matter they still would have lost. What wages is your son on per week with the U17s?"
Jesus some nasty bitter little people on here , thank god they you don't raise your ugly chip infested heads on main page ,
good win
Good night

Damothedub (Dublin) - 14/02/2017 11:03:55    1956575

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "When you say "we" were busy beating Armagh, I take it you mean that in the royal sense given the input of Carlow players. Tell me WonderBoy, did Leix ever win anything without Carlow men on board? Your Leinster in 2003 wouldn't have been won but for a Carlow man and your league win in 1986 was backboned by Carlow men. I'm not old enough to ever remember ye winning anything else despite the apparent greatness of your beloved adopted county."
Their hurlers have no Carlow men and they lost to Kerry...

CARPS (Carlow) - 14/02/2017 12:05:11    1956605

Link

Replying To GAAman41:  "U17 or u18 it doesn't matter they still would have lost. What wages is your son on per week with the U17s?"
Wow, that's really original. Since you're all for the nasty comments, here's one for you. Enjoy the win (against our U17 development squad). I'd say you'll be waiting a while for your next win against us (in any code and at any level)

GaaGaa78 (UK) - 14/02/2017 15:13:51    1956695

Link