Westmeath Forum

Discipline

(Oldest Posts First)

Discipline ........The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience.

Serious incident at an u 16 football championship semi final last night between the Downs v Maryland/Tang in Tubberclair, game abandoned with only minutes left after a brawl involving both teams . Dont know who was at fault !!! Its not the first incident this year in Westmeath !!! How do Westmeath minor board deal with this and what are the appropriate sanctions ?

smithers123 (Westmeath) - Posts: 19 - 29/09/2016 10:47:15    1920410

Link

So Westmeath GAA throw the book at both clubs involved in this nasty incident.

1 Will both clubs accept their punishment?
2 Is it the correct punishment

Personally I think Westmeath GAA had no choice !!

What do others think of this ???

smithers123 (Westmeath) - Posts: 19 - 03/11/2016 19:45:21    1931319

Link

Both clubs appealing which would be expected.
The Downs were 4 points up going into injury time.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 621 - 03/11/2016 20:20:32    1931334

Link

It appears that mentors entered the field of play at under 16 level is enough for me regardless of handbags or not should mean sanctions. I don't think any mentor who enters the field of play or puts his hand on a player should be banned from been a mentor for life. Our game has everything passion pride in your community but violence or crossing that line between passion and inappropriate action just brings our game from been the best in the world to a parochial joke in one go.
Please lay down the law and say no more messing this is our game and the rules are there for a reason.
GAA is the best let's keep it that way.

Paulknows (Westmeath) - Posts: 114 - 03/11/2016 20:45:28    1931345

Link

I know nothing about the incident apart from what was written on this site. Without knowing all of the details is looks to me like The Downs can feel particularly aggrieved at the decision. 4 point up in injury time and also it looks like the row was started by Maryland/Tang. Stewards encroach in every game all around the country at all levels but it doesnt mean they should be struck.

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 04/11/2016 13:58:22    1931523

Link