Quarter Finals to be played on 26th/27th September

Semi Final A v B & C & D to be played 3rd/4th October

Final 17th/18th October

therubes (Cork) - Posts: 95 - 29/06/2015 14:29:38    1744708

Link

sorry wrong forum ignore the above

therubes (Cork) - Posts: 95 - 29/06/2015 14:33:55    1744712

Link

The problem i see is county boards aren't that bothered about it they are begging someone to take the managers job.
Players are not committed either and never have been, yes a few have played for years and fair play to them but honestly can anyone really say the best players play for the county.
Players don't want to travel long journeys either asking london lads to go to manchester to play on a sunday afternoon, this takes all day.

What i would suggest would be split it in 2 north/south
Have scot/yorkshire/lancaster/and kilkenny and london/herts/glos/warwickshire
have a draw which is a semi final in the north/south folowing week winners play in north/south final also beaten teams in semi play each other in shield then following week 2 finals north champions against south champions in shield and cup all done in 3 weeks.
also give teams a home and away arrangment each year if drawn to play each other bingo

Yourjoking (USA) - Posts: 468 - 29/06/2015 15:31:32    1744772

Link

From what I have seen the teams appear to be cobbled together with no real structure in place.

In my opinion, if the county championship winning club are put forward to represent their county they would put up a better showing. Much like what happened in Scotland a few years back

Butcher (UK) - Posts: 49 - 29/06/2015 16:49:04    1744871

Link

There are lots of good junior/intermediate footballers that would be committed to representing their counties, however when they train for the few weeks that's in it and travel considerable distances, only to sit on a bench for a lad who was asked the night before a game for various reasons, it gets very tiresome.
The county boards need to make the junior county team setup worth being a part of.

Cockneyreject (UK) - Posts: 28 - 30/06/2015 17:01:55    1745589

Link

The issue with the County team is that the lads who are selected or nominated by their clubs have very little interest in travelling for training and games. Some of the game where on Sunday. The first game they were on the road and the game got called off. All round it's not well organised or there is a lack of focus given by the clubs to the competition.

In a nutshell it needs to be given more focus and structure from the County Board.

YourMaIsYourDa (UK) - Posts: 36 - 03/07/2015 13:36:39    1746998

Link