UK Forum

Goodbye Summer - Hello London Senior Championship

(Oldest Posts First)

Well folks - It's that time of the time the year again. The senior football Championship which was initially due to start mid-July, will now properly commence on the last day of August.

"But Lazarus, did I not see a round of senior championship played back in April ??" you ask. You are correct but these were a meaningless set of fixtures, , to accommodate the County team and allow a few more TG4 underdogs to put on a London jersey . Only then to see some of them hand in a transfer requests five minutes after they went out to Cavan.

"Has anyone spoken out about this Lazarus ?" Only Fulham Irish have been decent enough to come out and say this carry-on is not acceptable, whilst others have hidden away from criticising these players, in fear of them not returning.

"But Lazarus, that Cavan game was back in July- why hasn't championship started yet ??", I hear you say. Well the thing is the winners of the London championship will have to play the All- Ireland club quarter final in December, so if they are going to keep the scoreline respectable, then we can't have too much of a gap between these 2 games.

"But Lazarus, surely it would be better for the London winners to enter into the start of the Connacht provincial championship, rather than get pasted in December. We can then have a summer championship and I can give thee muscles a break over the winter ! " you point out. I hear you brother, but that would make too much sense.

Lazarus1 (Galway) - Posts: 173 - 28/08/2013 12:37:44    1470017

Link

Forgot to mention - Neasden to win it this year.

Lazarus1 (Galway) - Posts: 173 - 28/08/2013 13:29:27    1470079

Link

What are your predictions for the games this weekend

Saturday 31stAug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 2 30 St Brendans v St Kiernans - Draw
Saturday 31stAug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 4 00 Kingdom/Kerry Gaels v Tir Chonaill Gaels - TCG by 3/4
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 12 00 Parnells v Round Towers
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 1 30 Fulham Irish v Neasden Gaels
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Hurling Champ. 3 00 Sean Traceys v St Gabriels
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Hurling Champ. 4 30 Kilburn Gaels v Robert Emmetts
Sunday 1st Sept. Goodmayes Hurling League Div 2 1 00 Granuaile v Thomas McCurtains
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Heston Gaels v North London Shamrocks
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Cuchullians v Harlesden Harps

Wexico1 (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 28/08/2013 14:30:23    1470143

Link

What do you think of the below predictions:

Saturday 31stAug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 2 30 St Brendans v St Kiernans Draw
Saturday 10th Aug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 4 00 Kingdom/Kerry Gaels v Tir Chonaill Gaels TCG by 3/4
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 12 00 Parnells v Round Towers Parnels by 1/2
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 1 30 Fulham Irish v Neasden Gaels Draw
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Heston Gaels v North London Shamrocks NLS by 3/4
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Cuchullians v Harlesden Harps Cu's by 5/6

Wexico1 (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 28/08/2013 14:34:27    1470148

Link

would love to predict some of the games but since i might be refereeing in one of them its best not but the 2 ties that stand out I would say fulham v neasden in the senior and nls v heston in the intermediate

tcg and kkg could be a cracker too,

its a great few weekends of action ahead with everything to play for

with a leter championship the winners should be sharper for the AI quarter final

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 28/08/2013 14:41:13    1470154

Link

Saturday 31stAug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 2 30 St Brendans v St Kiernans Brendan's by 3
Saturday 10th Aug. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 4 00 Kingdom/Kerry Gaels v Tir Chonaill Gaels KKG by 2
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 12 00 Parnells v Round Towers Parnels by 6+
Sunday 1st Sept. Ruislip Senior Football Champ. 1 30 Fulham Irish v Neasden Gaels Neasden 4/5
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Heston Gaels v North London Shamrocks NLS by 3/4
Sunday 1st Sept. Scrubbs Inter Football Champ. 1 00 Cuchullians v Harlesden Harps Cu's by 7/8

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 140 - 28/08/2013 16:56:59    1470341

Link