Tyrone Forum

Tyrone Club Championship 2016

(Oldest Posts First)

Who will win it? Who's the dark horses?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1706 - 06/09/2016 18:25:43    1910902

Link

Coalisland look to have a handy path to the semi's....but they will face a huge step up then. Dark Horses potentially, they've always had the players.

Went to the Clonoe/Omagh game Sunday, very unimpressed with both teams to be honest but I put that down to the size of the game and what was on the line. Thought the ref helped Clonoe get the draw but then when I think back, they missed some serious chances too - I expect them to be more clinical this weekend and that should get them over the line v Omagh who should have won on Sunday.

Killyclogher for me though - played against them earlier in the year and they look like a team ready to step up.

GetOverTheBar (Tyrone) - Posts: 1388 - 07/09/2016 10:34:17    1911133

Link

Taking a chance as its very close between them and Clonoe but I think Omagh could go on and win the championship with the boost of putting out Clonoe. Omagh have a talented panel of players and it may take a few games to get them up to speed plus they have the recent history of winning it which helped clubs like Dromore in the past.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1608 - 07/09/2016 16:13:08    1911390

Link

Refereeing on Friday night was a disaster! Made issues during the game where there was none and didn't deal with the real issues when they did arise. Killyclogher were extremely impressive and dealt with everything Dromore had to throw at them. Sparky was immense in the first half and his free taking would bring in to question the tactic of bringing Morgan up the pitch in county games.
Coalisland and Clonoe on Sunday was as enthralling as expected. Both teams went hell for leather and had Clonoe thrown off the defensive shackles (especially given their numerical advantage) I believe they would have had too much and would have went on to win the game. However huge credit must go to the Island who fought to the bitter end. The replay will be eagerly anticipated and despite the promise shown by Coalisland, I think Clonoe will learn from their mistakes and get the win in Dungannon, a pitch they thoroughly enjoy playing on.
Great to see the County Board take the replay to a proper venue, capable of dealing with the crowds. The queues outside Edendork were unnecessary and had the rain came, as it was expected, the lack of stand was ridiculous.
Although there is no excuse to take Junior final away from the county ground, all players involved deserve the same big day out as the intermediate and senior finalists.

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 26/09/2016 17:17:56    1919366

Link

they make the venue rules up as they go along. Supposed to be when they were asked previously how venues were allocated the answer was that grounds had to have a safety licence to cope with the numbers, had to have a stand and turnstiles. Now it seems they just take the big games wherever they choose. Have coalisland got any big games since not paying the 5k towards garvaghey umm?

bulmccabe (Tyrone) - Posts: 338 - 01/10/2016 21:56:36    1921254

Link

It's more a case of what grounds will take the games - you shouldn't be too critical of Edendork as they were the only club able to actually take the game on such notice, and it's not the first time they've done so.

GetOverTheBar (Tyrone) - Posts: 1388 - 03/10/2016 13:12:02    1921862

Link

Replying To GetOverTheBar:  "It's more a case of what grounds will take the games - you shouldn't be too critical of Edendork as they were the only club able to actually take the game on such notice, and it's not the first time they've done so."
wasn't being critical of edendork who I know from experience are one of the most accommodating clubs in the county when called on at short notice. But seems the ccc and the finance committee seem to make up the grounds rules as they go along. Also the edendork pitch is a far superior playing surface to that in healy park.

bulmccabe (Tyrone) - Posts: 338 - 08/10/2016 19:46:38    1924108

Link

Replying To bulmccabe:  "wasn't being critical of edendork who I know from experience are one of the most accommodating clubs in the county when called on at short notice. But seems the ccc and the finance committee seem to make up the grounds rules as they go along. Also the edendork pitch is a far superior playing surface to that in healy park."
Absolutely no doubt it's made up as they go along. 100% agree.

GetOverTheBar (Tyrone) - Posts: 1388 - 09/10/2016 09:45:09    1924172

Link

looked like a poor enough crowd at healy park today on tv and again we get another replay to squeeze the club players into the last days of of good light and a quick turn round before the ulster club champs and all to appease the county team and management. Hope young toner makes a speedy recovery, looked like a nasty accidental injury.

bulmccabe (Tyrone) - Posts: 338 - 09/10/2016 19:58:42    1924275

Link

If this game was on TG4 it should show up Tyrone football in a good light. I thought it was a very good game of football between two well matched teams. Hard to call the reply but I would just favour Killyclogher.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1608 - 10/10/2016 12:39:56    1924463

Link

Coalisland should have really put Killyclogher to bed after gaining the man advantage, instead it went completely in reverse, Killyclogher came storming back at them. I think the Fianna could have missed the boat in the first game. Sticking with Killyclogher but lots will depend on how they handle McGahan who came in after Toner's unfortunate injury, he caught everything and basically looked imperious including a serious score off his weaker side - you'd have to imagine he'll start the replay.

GetOverTheBar (Tyrone) - Posts: 1388 - 11/10/2016 10:19:07    1924785

Link