Tyrone Forum

Suspensions?

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads. Can anyone tell me when we find out if Gormley and Penrose are available to play? I'm sure it's not helping Tyrone preparations without knowing?

DonahysHedFones (Kerry) - Posts: 21 - 09/08/2013 19:54:12    1457881

Link

Well Penrose most definitely will not be playing. As for Gormley, probably next Tuesday

omaghredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 3656 - 10/08/2013 12:54:00    1458053

Link

Have Tyrone good back up in these positions?

westport (Mayo) - Posts: 63 - 10/08/2013 13:59:16    1458095

Link

Penrose is missing for definate which could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If ronan mcnabb plays it is an improvement as he is more accustomed to defensive work and is intelligent in his use of the ball and good at covering for the runs of peter harte and conor clarke. If he goes with ronan o'neill, kyle coney or conor mcaliskey they would offer attacking options that penrose wasnt giving.
No word on gormley yet but he would be a big big loss considering how he played this year and the experience he brings to the table, i would guess ryan mckenna would be the obvious replacement or else justin mcmahon depending on his fitness.

Goals_Will_Come (UK) - Posts: 375 - 10/08/2013 14:27:41    1458112

Link

westport
County: Mayo

Have Tyrone good back up in these positions?

we have enough in our armour to deal with the men from the west ..... in God we trust! in Mickey we believe!

fortyfive (Tyrone) - Posts: 5927 - 10/08/2013 16:51:57    1458221

Link

Penrose will probably be replace by Aidan Cassidy leaving one of the donnelly's to pick up the Penrose/Dooher role and allowing Sean to play in a more attacking role. Well personally thats the way I'd do it even though the Donnelly's do their own shift on the pitch too. As for Gormley he may not have been given a red card he may too be suspended if the CCCC or how many C's there is could call on it but its been over a week since the game i'm sure they would have called on it already.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 292 - 11/08/2013 19:18:29    1459036

Link

The CCC are investigating the half time incident alright but Gormleys hasn't been charged with anything and has no charge to answer. Gormley will be playing against Mayo. Incidently Ronan McNabb gave a tremendous display for Dromore today and I would suspect he will come in Penrose and play mattie Donelly role with Mattie pushing forward a bit to play Penroses role

carmenabu (None) - Posts: 149 - 12/08/2013 11:08:33    1459374

Link

there are no players with experience the tackling and workrate of m.penrose and i think some tyrone supporters are underestimating his value to the team.but i don't think m.harte underestimates him because he always picks him.gormley has lost a bit of pace but his cuteness and reading of the game is second to none

toe2hand (Galway) - Posts: 219 - 12/08/2013 12:01:46    1459422

Link

McNabb would undoubtedly free Peter Harte and Clarke and would help improve defense attack link up and in doing so Harte's contribution going forward (which was much better anyway again Monaghan). Penrose was trying very hard but lacked forward confidence given the tracking back/additional tackling which was not really his forte despite his great willingness to do anything for the cause. Given Mayo's ludicrous over-confidence (they doth protest too much!!! to disguise their worm of self doubt they always have somewhere deep in all their limbic systems)and the amount of hatred they expended against Donegal I believe Tyrone have a real chance despite not quite being the full deal yet and I do not think they dare do anything to Gormley especially after Liam Rushe staying on the pitch against Cork yesterday.

cjx (Tyrone) - Posts: 270 - 12/08/2013 16:47:14    1459817

Link

Given Mayo's ludicrous over-confidence (they doth protest too much!!! to disguise their worm of self doubt they always have somewhere deep in all their limbic systems)and the amount of hatred they expended against Donegal I believe Tyrone have a real chance despite not quite being the full deal yet and I do not think they dare do anything to Gormley

Dont be kidding yourself believing any of the above - apart from tyrone having a chance of course. We are no more confident than, being the favourites for the game, we should be. It is actually people from outside mayo tahta re doing all the talking about mayo. We believe in our team and management like any team in our position would. We didnt hate donegal at all, which was shown in the way they displayed such clear minds and played all the football. And gormley should be banned for striking - 2 wrongs dont make a right.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 13/08/2013 10:10:38    1460198

Link

How can Gormley be banned for striking as he didn't strike. He wont be banned. Watch the clip on Youtube and watch for the pink glove of Dessie Mone! Gormley was wearing dark gloves that never touched Mone at all

carmenabu (None) - Posts: 149 - 13/08/2013 11:24:27    1460270

Link

carmenabu
County: All
Incidently Ronan McNabb gave a tremendous display for Dromore today and I would suspect he will come in Penrose and play mattie Donelly role with Mattie pushing forward a bit to play Penroses role

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would also be my guess, for 2 reasons. Firstly, the belief within the camp (rightly or wrongly) is that Cassidy can't last much more than half an hour. In the league game against Mayo, Conor Clarke did very well on Aidan O'Shea for 55 minutes but, when he was taken off, O'Shea dominated the last quarter, and almost won the game on his own. Mickey will want Cassidy there to mark O'Shea for the last 20 minutes.

Secondly, Mickey rates McNabb. He started him in the championship last year before his injury and, despite him not kicking a ball for Tyrone in 12 months, he brought him on at a crucial stage against Monaghan last week. McNabb seems to be one of those players who understands the game - he is almost always where the ball is, and is happy to take charge and organise others. We need to match Mayo for pace around the middle third and, with that in mind, McNabb is the best choice to replace Penrose.

Thomas Clarke (Tyrone) - Posts: 974 - 13/08/2013 12:05:40    1460309

Link

Conor gormley is suspended and rightly so,mind u he's still a good footballer

Thegreybadger (Louth) - Posts: 21 - 14/08/2013 09:12:02    1461012

Link

Conor Gormley as best pushed Mone on the shoulder. That's all, this anti Tyrone feeling in the country is really galvanising our fellas. This will be sweeter than 2003!!!!

SeanTheYankee (Tyrone) - Posts: 74 - 14/08/2013 11:28:44    1461216

Link