Tyrone Forum

A home fixture for Tyrone?

(Oldest Posts First)

Please someone remind me when we last played a home fixture in the championship.....?

Away to Donegal, Offaly and Roscommon this year.
Away to Armagh, Donegal (Clones), Roscommon, Kerry last year....

I do enjoy going to away matches, but Tyrone have a large home support, and the supporters deserve to see the team play at home.
Not to mention the team costs of all the travels.

Dublin supporters seem to enjoy these rights

TargetExpress (Tyrone) - Posts: 10 - 01/07/2013 10:40:05    1420010

Link

Ridiculous comment, its luck of the draw and fair system, Dublin play in croke park and draw a larger crowd than anyone it makes sense to play them there, To be honest I don't think tyrone play well in healy park, its certainly not a fortress

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 01/07/2013 11:10:57    1420082

Link

armagh at healy park in the 2011 qualifiers was probably the last home game

harp (Tyrone) - Posts: 129 - 01/07/2013 14:23:06    1420497

Link

Thank you Harp for answering my question, it appears this next match will be our 9th championship match in a row on our travels. It's not easy to get to all these matches. That was my point.
@RedHandDefender my comments were fair. Offaly were granted home fixture against us cos they played one game away from home last year (Tyrone were drawn out first). OK fair enough I can see why they do this, and same with Dublin, but what I'm saying is Tyrone have a huge home support too and they are missing many of the games.

TargetExpress (Tyrone) - Posts: 10 - 01/07/2013 15:01:03    1420581

Link

Well I have been to every game this year so done plenty of travelling and they have played far better out of Omagh. I really don't like it when they play there. I would play every game of the year in croke park if we could. Its not about the supporters its about the team winning and doing the county proud so if that means I have to take a 3 hour trip to offally/roscommon on shocking roads against a home fixture against down in healy park i will do it. Another step up from offally but next game hopefully a bigger challenge. step by step

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 01/07/2013 16:05:49    1420696

Link

Wether tyrone are home or away for this tie cant see any hiccups for them no disrespect to roscommon...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 02/07/2013 21:25:35    1422202

Link

redhanddefender
County: Tyrone

1420696 Well I have been to every game this year so done plenty of travelling and they have played far better out of Omagh. I really don't like it when they play there. I would play every game of the year in croke park if we could. Its not about the supporters its about the team winning and doing the county proud so if that means I have to take a 3 hour trip to offally/roscommon on shocking roads against a home fixture against down in healy park i will do it. Another step up from offally but next game hopefully a bigger challenge. step by step

Shocking Roads to Offaly......Did you take the mountain route to Tullamore? M1 straight to Dublin, M50 and out towards Athlone/Tullamore.....roads better than any in the North

Game2Halves (Tyrone) - Posts: 263 - 05/07/2013 08:49:39    1424085

Link

.....on the road again....

TargetExpress (Tyrone) - Posts: 10 - 15/07/2013 11:47:27    1431909

Link

I'd do away with this home and away nonsense in the qualifiers, its fine for provincial games and league games in bleak mid winter where even home games bring out few fans but for heavens sake we are not all made of money. You are going to have teams from opposite ends of the island drawn against each other, so ergo if Antrim draw Tipp play the game halfway at a neural venue same for this game, Tyrone draw Kildare see no reason why this game can't be played at say the Marshes or Navan. At this stage I'm sick of the qualifiers, I think they have run their course. Next year I hope Tyrone push on and get a run to an Ulster Final. Maybe just me but i'd do away with the qualifiers and just have winners and losers form the provinces compete, like the minor, for the all-ireland. would give club football a chance in most counties to progress especially in the good weather.

johnjoelglanton (Tyrone) - Posts: 27 - 16/07/2013 18:34:48    1433796

Link

16/07/2013 18:34:48
johnjoelglanton
County: Tyrone

1433796 I'd do away with this home and away nonsense in the qualifiers, its fine for provincial games and league games in bleak mid winter where even home games bring out few fans but for heavens sake we are not all made of money. You are going to have teams from opposite ends of the island drawn against each other, so ergo if Antrim draw Tipp play the game halfway at a neural venue same for this game, Tyrone draw Kildare see no reason why this game can't be played at say the Marshes or Navan. At this stage I'm sick of the qualifiers, I think they have run their course. Next year I hope Tyrone push on and get a run to an Ulster Final. Maybe just me but i'd do away with the qualifiers and just have winners and losers form the provinces compete, like the minor, for the all-ireland. would give club football a chance in most counties to progress especially in the good weather.

You lost me when you mentioned the marshes as a neutral venue for this game

GrizzlyAdams (Tyrone) - Posts: 576 - 16/07/2013 21:16:04    1433970

Link

ok the marshes was a bad example, but plenty of county grounds equidistant between tyrone and kildare, armagh and galway, cavan and derry and so on. qualifiers need looking at and re assessing. this home and away lark is madness in hard economic times. play the games at equidistant venues so people don't have to travel so far.

johnjoelglanton (Tyrone) - Posts: 27 - 17/07/2013 10:25:52    1434149

Link

In all fairness Tyrone never play well in Omagh so keep the away games coming. Up Tyrone

CoTyrone (Tyrone) - Posts: 261 - 17/07/2013 21:18:05    1434967

Link