Tyrone Forum

The Back Door

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

As guilty as sin PastThePost. Last year when Mayo were put by the pin of their collar by div 3 team Sligo they welcomed the challenge and moved on to beat Down,Dublin. The attitude you have is a poor one and if any of the Tyrone players have that type of attitude they will be beaten in round 3.

ispeakwisdom (Roscommon) - Posts: 2234 - 09/07/2013 17:13:42    1427696

Link

You're entitled to your opinion..but why you feel the need to come on to tje Tyrone forum is beyond me...
My opinion is that a Tyrone team lookingvto progress to the latter roundd of the championship should not be struggling to beat a division 3 side....we can use excusrs such as complacency and blanket defence but that doesn't wash with me...Roscommon may be improving and fair play to them, I have nothing against them or any other division 3 side...but a team that played in the division 1 final should be beating them relatively easily.
You are very sensitive any maybevgaelic isn't the gae for you :)

PastThePost (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 09/07/2013 17:38:10    1427730

Link

09/07/2013 17:38:10
PastThePost
County: Tyrone

You're entitled to your opinion..but why you feel the need to come on to tje Tyrone forum is beyond me...
My opinion is that a Tyrone team lookingvto progress to the latter roundd of the championship should not be struggling to beat a division 3 side....we can use excusrs such as complacency and blanket defence but that doesn't wash with me...Roscommon may be improving and fair play to them, I have nothing against them or any other division 3 side...but a team that played in the division 1 final should be beating them relatively easily.
You are very sensitive any maybevgaelic isn't the gae for you :)

This will be my final post on topic as stubborn is as stubborn does.

We are after playing Tyrone and it's open free forum do you think no one other Tyrone fans would see your posts? As for getting to div 1 league final well done but the league is the league. Mayo reached the 2007,2010,2012 league finals and in 2010 Cork won it and still needed extra time to beat Limerick before winning the All Ireland.

Not sensitive at all but if reading your opinions maybe gaelic games isn't the sport for you ;)

ispeakwisdom (Roscommon) - Posts: 2234 - 09/07/2013 19:29:36    1427808

Link

Ok if it will make you feel better - you're right and I'm wrong...and the league is a different competition than the championship and has no relevance whatsoever.

Good luck to Roscommon next year...I hope they get promotion to Div 2 :)

PastThePost (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 09/07/2013 19:59:30    1427835

Link

EnolaGay
County: Tyrone

ispeakwisdom - I fully agree with you, anyone who was expecting to turn up to Hyde Park and watch a repeat of Tullamore the previous week are being disrespectful to Roscommon. John Evans seems a shrewd enough manager, he was never going to let Tyrone come and walk over Roscommon in their own back yard.

cjx - a fairly good analysis of the individual performances from Saturday. Just a thought - was Mickey Harte guilty of taking Roscommon a little for granted? No disrespect intended, but his introduction of Kevin Gallagher and Sean Warnock seemed a bit out of the blue? These are players who got no game time in the NFL and players I wouldn't expect to see as we progress further in the Qualifiers. Presumably he was seeing what his options were, but given we only scored one point after he started running the bench, it's fair to say that experiment didn't work!
-----------------------------------------------------
Thats been part of the problem all year.He should have been giving these lads more game time before now.He must see something in them though or he wouldn't have kept them on the panel.Unless its because of injuries I can't see why Aidan Cassidy is not a starting mid fielder.He has been great every time he has played in there.Kevin Gallagher was performing well through out Mc Kenna cup campaign,got man of the match in one game.Mc Crory too has proved his worth as other poster has pointed out and as for Kyle Coney????Whats up with that lad? Is he incapable of getting himself fit?Does he have a bad attitude in training? The decisions as to who gets game time are puzzling............especially if you don't know whats going on in the camp.I still feel we are on the up and its better to be run tight than to be walking over teams.

seanie_boy (Tyrone) - Posts: 4197 - 09/07/2013 20:06:48    1427845

Link

Tyrone are back where they want to be, back under the radar (Offalys collapse was a surprise) and winning matches. Roscommon are a good team, especially at home. Laois used a similar game plan to Roscommon last year on the Dubs. We pushed them, could have won it but the better team? No.

Would love to draw ye in O Moore Park, if even possible. Get an idea where we are against a div 1 side.

Markymark (Laois) - Posts: 644 - 09/07/2013 20:43:56    1427878

Link

for round three are there any rules on how teams get drawn out for like home advantage or are they netural venues?

think we'll get derry, would probaby be better to get them in casment or somewhere. the athletic grounds would be handy would rather play armagh there than derry the way they're going.

at_it_allDay (Tyrone) - Posts: 55 - 10/07/2013 12:39:54    1428140

Link

Round three the first team drawn out plays at home hence Tyrone travelled to Kerry last year. I would rather be drawn to play teams outside Ulster and a home tie against say Galway would be very attractive.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1608 - 10/07/2013 13:04:20    1428168

Link

Seanieboy said

its better to be run tight than to be walking over teams

He is spot on, no point in putting up hurling scores and winning games by 15 or 20 points. Kerry struggled by Sligo in 09 (?) They struggled by W'Meath last year, following week we all know what happened. Dublin got chased outa croke park by Meath in '10 and sent Tyrone packing in the quarters. Next round is important, most likely a game against an Ulster team or possibly Kidare, should they overcome Louth.

johnjoelglanton (Tyrone) - Posts: 27 - 10/07/2013 13:41:52    1428214

Link

Eventhough Tyrone struggled past Roscommon i think only Derry are likely to beat Tyrone. So it's simple avoid Derry and Tyrone will reach round 4. Round 4 will be against IMO London,Cork,Monaghan,Meath and it's clear who to avoid there...

Mr_Pundit (UK) - Posts: 677 - 10/07/2013 14:30:16    1428266

Link