Tyrone Forum

Big clubs poaching players

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

This thread was a whole lot of nothing!

People move clubs for numerous reasons, but one thing is for sure is that a player's previous club must be informed of the transfer. Therefore have the right to prevent the move.

For the likes of Coalisland and Clonoe poaching players in the catchment area is a bit of a grey area as they are so close together and hard to determine what area a player belongs to.

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) there is a 2 year "dormant" rule, if a player has not be affiliated to a club (paid membership) in this period they have the right to move club without any objections.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 292 - 10/01/2018 16:21:54    2067664

Link

Replying To Find_the_space:  "This thread was a whole lot of nothing!

People move clubs for numerous reasons, but one thing is for sure is that a player's previous club must be informed of the transfer. Therefore have the right to prevent the move.

For the likes of Coalisland and Clonoe poaching players in the catchment area is a bit of a grey area as they are so close together and hard to determine what area a player belongs to.

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) there is a 2 year "dormant" rule, if a player has not be affiliated to a club (paid membership) in this period they have the right to move club without any objections."
Player i used as a example has played for his club from start right up the youth ranks till now theres no grey area here no fall out just bigger club wanting him no transfer in yet lad has told players plus has been training with clonoe im just azking is it fair my veiw when lad asked to leave let them but think its wrong tht bigger clubs work on the better players in small clubs

hoopman (Tyrone) - Posts: 105 - 15/01/2018 13:30:54    2068477

Link

Replying To Find_the_space:  "This thread was a whole lot of nothing!

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) there is a 2 year "dormant" rule, if a player has not be affiliated to a club (paid membership) in this period they have the right to move club without any objections."
not sure that rule works, remember few years back couple of lads hadn't played at youth level for around 5yrs but their registrations were held by another club who wouldn't sign the transfer papers and it went to the ccc on a formal appeal, one lad won because he was In part time employment in the area he wanted to transfer, the other lad was at school and didn't win his case, yet both lads never played gaelic football again for either club and walked away. down south seems to work a different system to the parish rule up here

bulmccabe (Tyrone) - Posts: 338 - 31/01/2018 18:00:57    2072860

Link

Replying To hoopman:  "Hear clonoe hav raided derrytresk for a player ?? At a time when so many small clubs fighting to keep a float should this be allowed an what does it say about these so called big clubs ??? They all do it"
For your information you are totally wrong the player in question left on his own accord so no poaching was involved

Greenmile2 (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 16/02/2018 16:26:28    2077442

Link

''Hughes left killyman few years back after there run didnt make grade at clonoe but still there sean corr again joined fannia last year but only made reserves young corr joining clonoe this year the man that told me showed me msg he sent to players its no skin of my nose who leaves the hill but think its unfair on all small clubs that there best players are got at most times they end up in reserves''

I disagree hoopman, i have seen the hill a few times over the past couple of years and young corr is in my opinion a top 5 player in the derrytresk team. Hes certaintly not the best player by a long way but still a good player and from what i seen last week hes starting on the clonoe team and played well. Small clubs will suffer losing players like that but their best players can walk onto the bigger teams which the bigger clubs wont admit.

walk_out_with_her (Tyrone) - Posts: 1 - 03/04/2018 11:50:15    2090593

Link