Tyrone Forum

Tyrone v Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

It wad a very bad day for tyrone but Wouldn't say it's gonna be along way back. I do think a change of direction is needed

Smiler21 (Tyrone) - Posts: 21 - 28/08/2017 12:46:42    2039254

Link

Men against boys comes to mind.
A memory from the last 15 minutes has McCurry standing behind two Dublin backs and in front of Cluxton desperatly waving for a 50 yard pass... has it come to this I asked myself.
Against Mayo last year we could not score and yesterday we witnessed the same fundamental weakness. Micky was on BBC after the game advocating an ultra defensive game plan.
So we can win the Dr McKenna Cup and Ulster next year which gets us into the Super 8. Should get through into the semis and if we avoid Dublin we make the final... then a trashing unless Dublin have an off day of course.
Dublin pick from a population of over 1m people, this set-up could well be fundamentally flawed!

Ger from Omagh (Tyrone) - Posts: 110 - 28/08/2017 13:01:43    2039267

Link

I genuinely think that we are a much better team than what we showed yesterday, we would never have actually beaten Dublin but I think we are probably 5-7 points worse than them instead of 12 points.

We just did not have a plan B whatsoever and what I laughed at the most was throwing Padraig McNulty in for the last 10min at full forward. The lad hasn't seen championship football this year and this is when Mickey decides to try this out!!

This is what frustrates most Tyrone supporters. We have this system of play which we stick religiously to and yet when it fails, like it did yesterday and like it did last year against Mayo we have no second option and most of the team seem unable to think for themselves.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 675 - 28/08/2017 13:21:48    2039293

Link

Right guys, I think it's time that our county board to take action for the sake of our gallant players and look for a new manager that can bring a fresh perspective and put Tyrone back on the All Ireland stage with a winning chance. I'm not being ungrateful to Mickey Harte but he has really overstayed his time as manager.

Up4it. (Tyrone) - Posts: 188 - 28/08/2017 13:27:59    2039303

Link

Replying To rahillyman:  "Time was up for Mickey long before now I have been saying it for years we are going no where the man deserves credit for what he achieved but he has failed to win all irelands which we should have won as he is not ruthless enough and certain players no matter how they play will never be taken off. I feel sorry for players who have to play in this robotic system and the fifteen who started today are not the best 15 players in Tyrone by a long shot. No doubt the usual suspects will come on Who will we replace him with? He deserves to stay until he decides BS no one is bigger than Tyrone we have plenty of talent as evidenced with the U17 team but we need a change of direction and we need it now"
Agree with you about the cheering the passes from the hill how that didn't get the blood boiling in our lads I will never know
the so called blanket defence we use is out dated and need to be stopped as this type of style needs a lot to go right at half time I could not think of 1 play on the bench that you would say could do something to swing the momentum our way, looking at Bradley run back and across trying to make space I couldn't help but think what a waste of talent, to use Joe Brollys words ''the football and talent is been coached out'' of our very best players who at times don't look like they are enjoying playing the game not the time to be naming play but Mattie looks like one of the players no longer enjoying playing this style. I have been saying for a long time MH must go since 08 we have been out tough and paly both on the side line and on the pitch and the blame for this must lay with MH he is after all the man who should be planning how to at least compete if not beat the best teams such Dublin or JMG Donegal team the signs have been there for a long time.
it is not even the fact we got beat yesterday that bothers me it is from the time the ball was throwing in not the only man to should a bit of fire in his belly wearing white was Colm Cavanagh, we had 14/15 men behind the ball marking space while Dublin play the ball from side to side waiting for the running to walk passed our men without even so much as breathing on them and I think over all this is what hurts the most.
now to answer the question Brian McGuigan asked who would we want to take the reins if MH dose go?

redbomb (Tyrone) - Posts: 163 - 28/08/2017 13:59:45    2039339

Link

Still down in Dublin for a few days before the kids go back to school, but just when you think things couldn't get any worse my son fell at the park, suffered a double break off the arm & dislocated elbow! Spent the night in hospital, so yesterday's non event of a match really means even less than it did straight after the game.
Some Dubs tried to engage with banter/debate but it would have been just a waste of time & energy as Tyrone where the polar opposite of Dublin.
Anways 24 hours and back to some sort of normality, here's my thoughts.
Dublins tactics where spot on ours where a shambles.
They ran & ran, we where out on our feet after the first goal.
They where aggressive in the tackle, we stood off them with our hands up, (all bar colm cavanagh) like somebody trying to cap sheep.
We left their kickpouts uncontested ,their kickouts where quick & accurate . Dublin pushed up on all ours, we where hesitant,.in 3 kicks of the ball Dublin could move from back to front with little of no engagement by most of the Tyrone team.
Dublin where up for the game and strangely or maybe not so strangely we didnt show up when meeting on of the Big guns.
Sick of everybody who dares criticise our management, being slated as fair weather supporters who know nothing.
Look Dublin have an exceptional team/squad, getting beat by them would be no shame if we where competitive, feck even Carlow put up a fight for one half but we just kept dropping back to this 'ultra defensive system that really wasn't defending at all, just marking spaces and passing the buck for somebody else to engage wave after wave of attack. So who's to blame players or management. For me management pick the players & set up the system, so maybe just for once Micky should just come out and admit he got it wrong, we all make mistakes maybe his biggest is giving up on Total Faith in our players and instead putting Faith in a flawed system.

IrelandUnited (Tyrone) - Posts: 70 - 28/08/2017 16:56:36    2039460

Link

I think my previous posting summed up the eventual disastrous outcome for the red-handers. I see a call for a change but Harte himself has told the media that he expects to continue in his position...so what changes can he make to make an effective team?

"Tyrone can count themselves lucky to be drawn with the orchard men otherwise their path to progression to the semi final would have been more uncertain. I see Tyrone been given a reality shock when they have to face more a talented team in the semi... as they are from a province where the standard falls short of the rest of the country. Actually, in the last eight years or so Tyrone hasn't been able to make any lasting impact probably due to a stale management and losing key players through retirement..."
WestRules (Galway) - Posts:238 - 03/08/2017 17:46:09

WestRules (Galway) - Posts: 251 - 28/08/2017 19:12:02    2039550

Link

Replying To IrelandUnited:  "Still down in Dublin for a few days before the kids go back to school, but just when you think things couldn't get any worse my son fell at the park, suffered a double break off the arm & dislocated elbow! Spent the night in hospital, so yesterday's non event of a match really means even less than it did straight after the game.
Some Dubs tried to engage with banter/debate but it would have been just a waste of time & energy as Tyrone where the polar opposite of Dublin.
Anways 24 hours and back to some sort of normality, here's my thoughts.
Dublins tactics where spot on ours where a shambles.
They ran & ran, we where out on our feet after the first goal.
They where aggressive in the tackle, we stood off them with our hands up, (all bar colm cavanagh) like somebody trying to cap sheep.
We left their kickpouts uncontested ,their kickouts where quick & accurate . Dublin pushed up on all ours, we where hesitant,.in 3 kicks of the ball Dublin could move from back to front with little of no engagement by most of the Tyrone team.
Dublin where up for the game and strangely or maybe not so strangely we didnt show up when meeting on of the Big guns.
Sick of everybody who dares criticise our management, being slated as fair weather supporters who know nothing.
Look Dublin have an exceptional team/squad, getting beat by them would be no shame if we where competitive, feck even Carlow put up a fight for one half but we just kept dropping back to this 'ultra defensive system that really wasn't defending at all, just marking spaces and passing the buck for somebody else to engage wave after wave of attack. So who's to blame players or management. For me management pick the players & set up the system, so maybe just for once Micky should just come out and admit he got it wrong, we all make mistakes maybe his biggest is giving up on Total Faith in our players and instead putting Faith in a flawed system."
Hope yer son gets better soon. Hate to see the wee lads gettin a bad injury like that.

seanie_boy (Tyrone) - Posts: 4197 - 29/08/2017 02:27:20    2039774

Link