Sligo Forum

2019 Club Championship

(Oldest Posts First)

Draws made last night for very interesting games. Though I don't necessarily agree with the 5 group structure (certainly 4 coming out of each group), there should be interesting games in both senior and intermediate.

Senior Championship

Group 1 - Marys, Molaise Gaels, Tubbercurry, Tourlestrane, Shamrock Gaels
Great group, you'd expect Tubber and Tourlestrane to be top 2 and the rest to battle to avoid the last position but a real group of death. I'm going to say Shamrock Gaels for bottom spot for no reason other than they were intermediate last year. They too are a good side who will be getting stronger every year with underage setup so strong.

Group 2 - DRP, Calry, Eastern Harps, Coolaney/Mullinabreena, Coolera/Strandhill
So hard to pick a team to top this. So many unknowns with new management, players not playing/returning. You'd think Harps might be the team to beat. Coolaney/Mull will most likely be their biggest challengers but Coolera/Strandhill will beat any of them on their day. I'd pick the bottom spot to be between DRP and Calry.

Intermediate Championship

Group 1 - Curry, Ballymote, Easkey, Farnans, Castleconnor
Another exciting group. You'd pick Curry as the team to beat but Easkey thrown together with Castleconnor will be extremely interesting. Farnans have all the ability to upset those two though if they can pull it together. Something they haven't managed in some time. Ballymote could bring anything as per usual.

Group 2 - St. Pats, Enniscrone, Geevagh, Bunninadden, Johns,
Johns obviously the favorites, Are Geevagh and Bunninadden as strong as years gone by? Enniscrone will bring confidence from last year. I'd personally pick Pats for the bottom spot but to be fair, not sure have they any players back this year who could make huge difference.

westsligoawakes (Sligo) - Posts: 27 - 22/03/2019 11:15:44    2174334

Link