Sligo Forum

Sligo Club Fixtures 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To eoinog:  "Great to see the U.21 Championship taken seriously. For too long it was played in October when all players were back in college and had no interest in playing at that time of the year. There was loads of walkovers and games getting postponed due to senior/intermediate/junior championship. There's a big drop off in players after minor so it was great to have this competitive competition early in the year in the hope of getting these young player's out early and keeping them"
Still a few walkovers happening though.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - Posts: 29 - 14/04/2019 21:23:47    2178836

Link

U21 taken seriously? And teams getting home advantage in semi finals ..ure having a laugh. Add to that some players expected to play u21 Friday and club games Saturday. Sure it ll be grand..wink wink nudge nudge

tentonne (Sligo) - Posts: 52 - 15/04/2019 10:40:08    2178897

Link

Replying To tentonne:  "U21 taken seriously? And teams getting home advantage in semi finals ..ure having a laugh. Add to that some players expected to play u21 Friday and club games Saturday. Sure it ll be grand..wink wink nudge nudge"
I agree with eoinog that it the players maybe not getting a game at senior level right away on leaving minor might get one here. Are all league games not Sunday? Probably could have played senior Good Friday and U21 Easter Monday.
You're right that semi finals could have been played in Scarden.

westsligoawakes (Sligo) - Posts: 27 - 15/04/2019 12:32:15    2178920

Link

Replying To ChasingShadows:  "Still a few walkovers happening though."
What can you do about that? More walkovers at end of year

westsligoawakes (Sligo) - Posts: 27 - 15/04/2019 12:32:58    2178921

Link

It may not be ideal but it's a lot better than playing in October. By them clubs are trying to get players out who may not have kicked a ball in a month. Then if you are drawn against the winner's of the senior/inter/junior you have to wait till they get knocked out of Connacht before they play their games. Fixtures need to be tweaked more but it's a start in the right direction. At the moment Tourlestrane are down to play Eastern Harps Friday,Sat and Sunday in the U.21, Div 3 and Div 1 games. This won't happen. In this present weather not too many clubs would be willing to host a neutral game and Scarden would freeze the b...s off you. Shamrock Gaels are probably favorite to win it outright though Easkey won the Minor A three years ago

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 597 - 15/04/2019 14:35:37    2178958

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "It may not be ideal but it's a lot better than playing in October. By them clubs are trying to get players out who may not have kicked a ball in a month. Then if you are drawn against the winner's of the senior/inter/junior you have to wait till they get knocked out of Connacht before they play their games. Fixtures need to be tweaked more but it's a start in the right direction. At the moment Tourlestrane are down to play Eastern Harps Friday,Sat and Sunday in the U.21, Div 3 and Div 1 games. This won't happen. In this present weather not too many clubs would be willing to host a neutral game and Scarden would freeze the b...s off you. Shamrock Gaels are probably favorite to win it outright though Easkey won the Minor A three years ago"
Are we just calling that team Easkey now?

westsligoawakes (Sligo) - Posts: 27 - 16/04/2019 09:52:01    2179063

Link

Replying To westsligoawakes:  "Are we just calling that team Easkey now?"
I know there's an amalgamation back there but I don't know how many clubs are involved so I just left it as Easkey

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 597 - 17/04/2019 11:06:34    2179260

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "I know there's an amalgamation back there but I don't know how many clubs are involved so I just left it as Easkey"
"Easkey/Other GAA"

westsligoawakes (Sligo) - Posts: 27 - 17/04/2019 16:29:49    2179313

Link