Sligo Forum

Proposed New Rules

(Oldest Posts First)

Anyone looking at the proposed new football rules & what's yer opinion. Think these rule makers are out to destroy the game & make it even worse than where it's at now . Next year I expect they'll propose two more uprightsat each goal

noboots (Sligo) - Posts: 79 - 13/11/2018 20:35:52    2151015

Link

Replying To noboots:  "Anyone looking at the proposed new football rules & what's yer opinion. Think these rule makers are out to destroy the game & make it even worse than where it's at now . Next year I expect they'll propose two more uprightsat each goal"
There's already uprights at each goals. They are called umpires

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 588 - 14/11/2018 12:44:56    2151111

Link

Replying To noboots:  "Anyone looking at the proposed new football rules & what's yer opinion. Think these rule makers are out to destroy the game & make it even worse than where it's at now . Next year I expect they'll propose two more uprightsat each goal"
Any elaborations on this statement?

At least they're trying to improve the game. The issue for me is the "professionalism" thats come into our game in the last 10 years (excuse the overused P word). Teams have too much time and resources to analyse and deeply dissect every facet of the game. Its become too obsessed with statistics, turnovers, possessions etc.. It happened all american sports. Not sure how we can fix this.

republican (Sligo) - Posts: 245 - 14/11/2018 13:07:09    2151114

Link

Need to let the game evolve naturally, these new rules are over complicating things. The biggest issue for supporters is the gulf in class between top 3 or 4 counties and Dublin's dominance. Of course those at the top won't resolve this issue as Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are big money spinners for them so they will dictate the way smaller counties try to set up against these teams

muscles (Sligo) - Posts: 320 - 14/11/2018 15:39:05    2151136

Link