Sligo Forum

Armagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Sligonian:  "Anto you basically just backed me up and are repeating what I said :) as I said before the game short kickouts will cost us more than the long ones and they did, were you at the game yourself? Any chance of reports from all the attendees on here, then I said we need Cadden back and you back me up again saying we need a new keeper. They had yrs to work on short kickouts with devaney. It's not arrogance, it's just basic football knowledge. Anto i dont mind you taking what I said before the game and trying to making it as your own but all the other jibes aside are unnecessary and no need for."
My main point is in general agreement with yours is that the kick-outs are not just the responsibility of the goalkeeper. Its a responsibility of the players as far as the half forward line to make the runs to make them available to receive the ball as Dublin players do. Its also up to the management to create a strategy to enable players to receive the ball if the opposition push up on kick-outs. we have seen other teams do it like bunching in middle and then when keeper approaching the kick, players run in all directions. Unfortunately our manager is not as organised. Problem with the current keeper is he forces it when a short kick-out is not on. More practise on the training field is the main issue and the unfortunate keeper if it goes wrong will always get the blame.

The issue I have is this comment you made "It just reinforces my opinion that very few people in Sligo have any clue on Football and is especially evident on here, I'm debating with clueless people who think they know everything." The arrogance and ignorance of that comment towards your fellow posters on here most of whom have good knowledge of the game and have seen more recent games is uncalled for.

Anto (Sligo) - Posts: 258 - 26/06/2018 12:48:36    2115327

Link

Clearly the management didn't think we were capable of competing with the Div3 champions - http://hoganstand.com/Sligo/Article/Index/287071 - so I guess a 6 point loss is something to be proud of.

Was this kind of ambition what convinced the County Board to appoint this guy?

abc_123 (Sligo) - Posts: 6 - 27/06/2018 09:30:37    2115725

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Pointman how did the short kickout tactic you wanted work out?

This is what you said about me recently. "To what extent were you involved in sligo football? because id be very worried for the future of sligo football, if you were in a position of responsibility given your lack of knowledge and inept tactics that you have frequently showcased on this forum."

Look at my message on the kickout strategy, and bear in mind I was at 1 game and I could see what could happen. It just reinforces my opinion that very few people in Sligo have any clue on Football and is especially evident on here, I'm debating with clueless people who think they know everything.

We need to get Vinny Cadden back from New York."
Wow Sligoian don't know where to begin with that reply, congratulations on publicly bashing and belittling players. And you were the one a couple of weeks ago, saying that you were conscious of what you posted on here because according to yourself the players regular look at this forum. No tactics or style of play, can justify or plan for an individual mistake such as that it happens that's football we move on. I will say on the kick out the keeper kicking the ball out is just one factor in the whole process, was the movement, dummy runs, actual runs and appreciation and creation of space good enough from a sligo's point of view, (all things that could/should have been worked at in training) absolutely not. No Sligo player goes out to purposely make a mistake and I'm sure Devaney is hurting the most out of anyone over this. Where to we go from here? surely there are other keepers in the county to be looked at? I'll take your point on Vinnie, but it doesn't look like he's going to be coming back home anytime soon, we have Mr. Carew to partially thank for that.

Funnily enough everything else I had said previously worked well for us in the game, Breheny & Carrabine playing well, good runs from deep and the changes in the backline.

Corey has said that the team has achieved their goals for this season? really? looks all the world like a man desperately trying to save his job. surely he has to go. was anyone listening to O'Hara on ocean?sounded very much like a job interview.

pointman2007 (Sligo) - Posts: 184 - 27/06/2018 09:57:33    2115744

Link

Pointman your tactic on the short kickout's was a terrible call, of course there's collective responsibility but anyone who actually attended Sligo games and thought this management, keeper and defence were capable of executing a high percentage of short kickouts without giving up scores is incredibly naive at best, even if the GK was accurate and timing correct is that current defence capable of working it out when a team pushes up. Its not all on the GK for sure but there are obvious issues there which ironically everyone is agreeing with me on. The Carrabine and Brehony call is so obvious do you really expect any credit there.

Anyone who actually reads your first sentence would want to go back to read my comments too for an accurate reflection, i mentioned 1 player not players and it was about the kickouts, hardly bashing.

Anto - I honestly see very little football knowledge on here and its probably a fair reflection of whats in the county in my experience in coaching/managers etc.., and if you think that's unfair look at our success rate. I look forward to you holding others to account when they question my mental state in future which is far worse than questioning someones football knowledge too.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1482 - 28/06/2018 03:52:43    2116268

Link

Look likes Corey will be let go soon, he is basically sounding out the players, backroom and CB and of which I believe there's little support.

Question now is when will the decision be made and who will be trusted with the search. Potential for a lot of new faces in the CB in December too. All change please.

New interview committee will be important, hopefully we can finally get good people to carry it out.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1482 - 28/06/2018 03:57:08    2116269

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Pointman your tactic on the short kickout's was a terrible call, of course there's collective responsibility but anyone who actually attended Sligo games and thought this management, keeper and defence were capable of executing a high percentage of short kickouts without giving up scores is incredibly naive at best, even if the GK was accurate and timing correct is that current defence capable of working it out when a team pushes up. Its not all on the GK for sure but there are obvious issues there which ironically everyone is agreeing with me on. The Carrabine and Brehony call is so obvious do you really expect any credit there.

Anyone who actually reads your first sentence would want to go back to read my comments too for an accurate reflection, i mentioned 1 player not players and it was about the kickouts, hardly bashing.

Anto - I honestly see very little football knowledge on here and its probably a fair reflection of whats in the county in my experience in coaching/managers etc.., and if you think that's unfair look at our success rate. I look forward to you holding others to account when they question my mental state in future which is far worse than questioning someones football knowledge too."
'' I see very little football knowledge on here etc....'' is an insult to a lot of posters. For myself I can vouch that I have more football in my left little toe, which is my weaker one, than you have in the whole of your ego inflated body, judging by the content of posts recently.

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 203 - 28/06/2018 12:01:23    2116363

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Look likes Corey will be let go soon, he is basically sounding out the players, backroom and CB and of which I believe there's little support.

Question now is when will the decision be made and who will be trusted with the search. Potential for a lot of new faces in the CB in December too. All change please.

New interview committee will be important, hopefully we can finally get good people to carry it out."
"Look likes Corey will be let go soon, he is basically sounding out the players, backroom and CB and of which I believe there's little support."

How in gods name would you know this?

NewSligofan (Sligo) - Posts: 194 - 28/06/2018 13:13:16    2116398

Link

Lads why do ye bother, He is a clown. I ignore his comments completely now

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 625 - 28/06/2018 15:09:26    2116436

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Pointman your tactic on the short kickout's was a terrible call, of course there's collective responsibility but anyone who actually attended Sligo games and thought this management, keeper and defence were capable of executing a high percentage of short kickouts without giving up scores is incredibly naive at best, even if the GK was accurate and timing correct is that current defence capable of working it out when a team pushes up. Its not all on the GK for sure but there are obvious issues there which ironically everyone is agreeing with me on. The Carrabine and Brehony call is so obvious do you really expect any credit there.

Anto - I honestly see very little football knowledge on here and its probably a fair reflection of whats in the county in my experience in coaching/managers etc.., and if you think that's unfair look at our success rate. I look forward to you holding others to account when they question my mental state in future which is far worse than questioning someones football knowledge too."
Well, what was the alternative?kick it out and lose every single ball?obviously it was far from ideal but we had to take that risk if we were ever going to be competitive, the risk didn't pay off, but we were very very limited in alternative options. I have to disagree with you on not having the defenders to play the short kick out game, Charlie Harrison is at his best when carrying the ball out from the back, a hallmark of his career, Luke Nicholson has been driving out from the back all year with marys and with the 21s last year and Mikey Gordon is also a good ball player, it was probably a big factor in their selections. The last sligo game before Armagh I was at V Derry, running the ball out from the back was actually the winning of the game for Sligo.

One player or whatever it seemed to gave you great personal satisfaction that he made such huge mistake just because you didn't agree with the tactic? I don't know if any genuine Sligo fan would behave in such a manner.

You surely must be a shoe in for the sligo job, given your astute tactical nous and that you know much more than any other poster or current member of the sligo management team. I'm sure the CB will have no problem covering your expenses. Not forgetting the vast amount of coaching experience you claim to have but fail to go into detail on? The problem with sligo underage coaching is personal agendas, too many coaches are parents and are looking out of the interests of their own sons and then we have other coaches who are my concerned about boasting their own egos rather than developing players.

pointman2007 (Sligo) - Posts: 184 - 29/06/2018 10:07:14    2116607

Link