Mayo Forum

The flying Doc

(Oldest Posts First)

What a day to be a Mayo fan, enjoy it everyone!

Massive performance all around the field from everyone. I just want to give a special mention to Jason Doc, doesn't always get the attention and is probably known more for his tackling than anything else

But with 10 to go and COC off the field he stepped up with 2 massive points which if they had not gone over would have made things a lot more difficult at the end

Well done Doc!

Cbar (Mayo) - Posts: 173 - 26/08/2017 21:32:03    2038295

Link

Replying To Cbar:  "What a day to be a Mayo fan, enjoy it everyone!

Massive performance all around the field from everyone. I just want to give a special mention to Jason Doc, doesn't always get the attention and is probably known more for his tackling than anything else

But with 10 to go and COC off the field he stepped up with 2 massive points which if they had not gone over would have made things a lot more difficult at the end

Well done Doc!"
As I, ve been preaching cillain o connor is a waste of time he is over hyped by the media and by yourselves down in mayo there is more work in a sick note those frees he gets any of the ballintubber young lad's playing at half time would score them he wouldn't be in the top 9 forwards in Dublin young loftus and nally streets ahead of him and fair play to Doherty today

Yeaman (Galway) - Posts: 26 - 26/08/2017 22:56:24    2038361

Link

Replying To Yeaman:  "As I, ve been preaching cillain o connor is a waste of time he is over hyped by the media and by yourselves down in mayo there is more work in a sick note those frees he gets any of the ballintubber young lad's playing at half time would score them he wouldn't be in the top 9 forwards in Dublin young loftus and nally streets ahead of him and fair play to Doherty today"
Thanks for calling.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 5499 - 27/08/2017 08:18:06    2038443

Link

Replying To Yeaman:  "As I, ve been preaching cillain o connor is a waste of time he is over hyped by the media and by yourselves down in mayo there is more work in a sick note those frees he gets any of the ballintubber young lad's playing at half time would score them he wouldn't be in the top 9 forwards in Dublin young loftus and nally streets ahead of him and fair play to Doherty today"
Everyone is entitled to an opinion which I think is harsh on COC. However On a day that mayo beat Kerry for first time in 21 years or 2nd time in 66 years I don't think it's the time to criticise the captain - I am sure that you will get plenty of opportunity to do that other days

Cbar (Mayo) - Posts: 173 - 27/08/2017 09:43:18    2038475

Link

twice young player of the year, player of the year, top scorer in the Championship the last 3 years and has racked up 3-57 this year ( currently top by a mile) your argument is both flawed and biased.

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 184 - 27/08/2017 14:37:33    2038616

Link

twice young player of the year, player of the year, top scorer in the Championship the last 3 years and has racked up 3-57 this year ( currently top by a mile) your argument is both flawed and biased.

club51 (Mayo) - Posts: 184 - 27/08/2017 16:02:25    2038670

Link

You are saying he misses the odd free, but you do not acknowledge his work rate all over the field. This is a very lazy post, COC is worth his place on any inter county team.

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1345 - 27/08/2017 19:09:58    2038824

Link

Replying To suckvalleypaddy:  "You are saying he misses the odd free, but you do not acknowledge his work rate all over the field. This is a very lazy post, COC is worth his place on any inter county team."
No I,m not saying he misses an odd free .... I, m saying he,s over hyped by the media he gets mom awards when all other players boyler keegan durcan parsons (who by the way was excellent yesterday) etc does the hard work and cillIan stands up kicks the ball over the bar from 14 yards out and taps in an odd soft goal inside the box .... young nally (who gets very little game time) and loftus are every bit as good

Yeaman (Galway) - Posts: 26 - 27/08/2017 19:35:54    2038847

Link

Replying To club51:  "twice young player of the year, player of the year, top scorer in the Championship the last 3 years and has racked up 3-57 this year ( currently top by a mile) your argument is both flawed and biased."
Cillian has never won player of the year. But completely disagree that he is overhyped! He'd be Galway's best forward by a country mile if he was unlucky enough to live further south of Ballintubber.

number_1 (Mayo) - Posts: 59 - 28/08/2017 11:14:47    2039165

Link