Leitrim Forum

County Board Clash for Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First)

I noticed last weekend that the county board had fixtured games for Sunday around the same time as a memorial run for Tony McGowan, a man that gave great time to the Gaa in Leitrim, and I see that this weekend they have a full schedule of games on the same time as a memorial run for Sandra Earley, a woman that has represented her county. Surely these games can be re-arranged to allow players, management and club committees of neighbouring clubs to show their support to these very worthy runs.

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 19/02/2013 09:14:20    1335861

Link

Typical county board think they are elite

With the break in the league im sure these games could be played the following Friday evening or the following weekend

Seeing as 2 NFL games were postponed due to bad weather in sure a div 4 county board cloud postpone a couple of games

When div2 and 1 games were put off for the weather

This outing Sunday will bring out half the county carrick mohill drumshanbo kiltubrid and surrounding areas

But hey the county board are bigger than an event organised by its players for one of its players that's being held to ensure the future health and well being of its players

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 19/02/2013 14:01:31    1336077

Link

In my opinion, the person running the fixtures does'ent have a clue if you look at the master plan and you see all the free sunday during the summer. we have the worst land in ireland and we start our leagues in feb and all other counties dont start until after paddy;s day or 1 st sunday in april, its crazy.

christopher (Donegal) - Posts: 81 - 19/02/2013 16:48:05    1336209

Link

Christopher in Donegal when you say the word WE do you mean Donegal or Leitrim ? As far as i know all our games went ahead last weekend so our pitches cant be that bad. But then we do play on pitches nowadays not out on large tracts of farmland !! Our county board and those people (Not just one man) that draw up the master plan have a thankless job. The old saying that you cant please all the people all the time is very relevant. Both the Sandra Early walk and the Tony McGowan walk are being organised for the most part by people deeply involved in GAA in both clubs. Everyone knew that our leagues were on both of these weekends so maybe the organisers didn't liaise with county board in relation to times etc. Unless you know the full facts dont rely on pub gossip like " I heard it from a lad who was talking to the first cousin once removed of the chairman" etc. Rubbish

badsilage (Leitrim) - Posts: 149 - 20/02/2013 09:27:46    1336436

Link

Badsilage, talk a bit of sense, as you said yourself these events are been organised by people with a deep Gaa background they knew when games were but why is Saturday kept free, from what I heard last night its because the county want training. I don't see the point in posting events up on the county website to then go and organise games the same time.

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 20/02/2013 12:11:30    1336568

Link

I wouldn't be too critical of the Co. board there just the puppets, its the senior managers that dictate the fixtures..

fresherman (Leitrim) - Posts: 218 - 20/02/2013 12:47:37    1336596

Link

Well I never heard of any of our senior managers organising a league or championship

If they did we would win it every year

It's early in the year I'm sure the county could train away and the games be played Saturday evening as not many county players have influenced on the league so far

And don't forget we have a 2 MONTH BREAK in the league from this weekend on

I think that sums up our beloved puppets!

Good luck with the walk for a good cause involving a lot more than one club

It would involve mohill kiltubrid Mary's Leitrim geals carrick community school an many many more

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 20/02/2013 13:57:58    1336661

Link

Kiltubrit v Annaduff match is at 11.00
Gortleteragh v Mohill is at 11.30
St. Marys v Drumreilly is at 12.00

Nelson (Leitrim) - Posts: 141 - 20/02/2013 14:29:34    1336687

Link

Atleast somebody with a slight bit of sense

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 21/02/2013 09:58:14    1337022

Link

Last round of Minor League to be played on 9th of March and League Final not scheduled til 3rd of May? 8 week gap? That is a joke!

YankeeCandle (Leitrim) - Posts: 20 - 24/02/2013 21:13:04    1338690

Link