Leitrim Forum

U21 Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Same old same old with Leitrim and people wonder why we have nothing coming on at underage level.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 24/03/2013 13:38:50    1355069

Link

Hopefull we can get some smart men as manahers for next year
In my opinion we need management from outside or the magician that got Carrigallen to the county final a few years ago!!!
There was players put on yesterday that hadn't trained as long as ones that didn't play at all but there was a couple of the lads brought on that were training since it all began and it showed because they were excellent.
Here's a question, who waits until you've conceded 4 goals before making a change?

leitrimlad94 (Leitrim) - Posts: 156 - 24/03/2013 20:30:29    1355394

Link

Lads its not the management or the players, I'm convinced theres something else we are missing. May have something to do with game plan and panel selection but I'm just specualting. Benny Guckian and Jimmy Holohan I would think are a fairly solid management team. I'd have doubts about how they selected their squad but my opinions on that go a lot deeper than U21 Level. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.

I know well and have played against a good few of this years U21 team in the last 2 years and to compare them to another successful U21 team whose players I'd know well from school and college, Longford, man to a man a good lot of our lads are just as good of footballers as them, which is why I was so surprised to hear they were annihilated by a Longford U21 team minus 3 of their Senoir Panellists a month ago. Doesn't add up.

I didnt know a lot about Roscommon but from chatting to a lad I know on the team Leitrim were fairly sure of putting in a performance and getting a result from the game. They were sucker punched with the 1st 2 goals.

So if it's not the management and it's not the players, where are we going wrong? I've a theory on that but there isn't enough space on this forum to highlight it. I'd like to generate a bit of debate on this and get some opinions.

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 316 - 25/03/2013 12:11:44    1355757

Link

Benny Guckian and Jimmy Holahan have stepped down sure!!!
I was following the team all year and there were lads playing yesterday that had only been there for the last month!!!
We were missing smart managers but hopefully this opening will allow a smart manager or two to come in for next year!!

leitrimlad94 (Leitrim) - Posts: 156 - 25/03/2013 12:49:20    1355823

Link

I was at the game on saturday. Leitrim dominated the 2nd half but i would say Roscommon new they had the game in the bag at half time. Leitrim had a bad start and could never really get back into it. fair play to the lads for fighting to the end. Shane Moran had a great game and i think he deserves a good rattle in the senior team in new york. Roscommon had 3 players who are playing a big part there senior panel. we only had benny flynn and that was because both our senior keepers got injured.

lugdrum (Leitrim) - Posts: 234 - 26/03/2013 17:28:07    1356861

Link

You can't blame the management the players are the ones who have to go out and perform.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 27/03/2013 14:49:48    1357319

Link