Leitrim Forum

Intermediate relegation 2012

(Oldest Posts First)

What's the story with relegation from the Intermediate championship this year? I've heard nothing about it. As Gortletteragh have gone up from Intermediate, there's nothing to stop their second team from being promoted from Junior A to Intermediate if they win this weekend's Junior A final, and Leitrim Gaels' team in that final is their first team. Ballinamore didn't have a second team in Intermediate to be automatically relegated following the Senior team's relegation. Is the question of Melvin Gaels pulling out of the relegation semi-final still unresolved?

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 526 - 11/10/2012 11:10:45    1281522

Link

Mg should get a 6 month club ban for breaching the championship rules

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 11/10/2012 21:23:32    1281931

Link

Is there anything to be said for expelling Melvin Gaels out of Leitirm GAA?

Grammar_Nazi (Leitrim) - Posts: 9 - 11/10/2012 21:59:31    1281967

Link

Well said Grammar Nazi.

While we are at it sure we'll send Carrick and the Duff to Roscommon, Carrigallen, Glenfarne, The Willies, Drumreilly and Gleara to Cavan, let's see how else we can promote GAA in Leitrim. Ah yes we'll get rid of Dromahair to Sligo and then Gort and Bors to longford. We'll have great craic then as it'll just be pure through and through, out and out Leitrim Men and Women competing against each other and we can win everything and have great craic.

Once this narrow minded pathetic drivel discontinues the real supporters can get behind the Leitrim Teams for the coming years and push on as one and actually achieve something. Division 3 progression is a real and tangible goal. I've no doubt Connacht Success would follow as the benefits of playing better teams on a regular basis; and the belief in winning a title would hugely benefit the team.

Liatroima Abú.

GubacreenyBuck (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 12/10/2012 12:00:14    1282075

Link

Now now, I see the mg posters are up to their old tricks trying to skew the matter. Theres no need to be kicking ye out of leitrim don't be silly. Whoever said that lads.

But there will obviously be reprecussions for failure to fulfill an Intermediate!( not junior A,B or C) championship(not diddly shield or even league) relegation playoff..

As the boys used to preach along with a few blue uniforms up ur way "shurr ya caan't be doing dat lads" If ye commit the penalty ye must pay the fine.

Bord Liatroim Coiste Contae Abu

fresherman (Leitrim) - Posts: 218 - 12/10/2012 18:53:12    1282321

Link

Does anyone know what is the situation in relation to the Aughavas Melvin Gaels relegation match ? Have i missed it ? Or is the issue still to be resolved. Its just another in a long list of **** ups by CCC this year. Can anyone enlighten me? Im sure the Aughavas club would like to know.

badsilage (Leitrim) - Posts: 149 - 15/11/2012 15:30:49    1298211

Link

A good question. As an Aughavas man I'd like to get a chance to play Melvin Gaels and hopefully beat them. The last thing I want to be doing is to play Intermediate next year and have my club accused of being cowards for not playing the relegation final over some technicality.

MulletsRock (Leitrim) - Posts: 88 - 15/11/2012 17:39:08    1298309

Link

I really dont know who is to blame Mulletsrock but i think you can rest assured that as an Aughavas man nobody that has seen what has gone on this year will accuse yee of being in the wrong. As a keen observer of all Leitrim football it certainly appears as if Aughavas has done nothing wrong. After all Aughavas dont have 5 or 6 players on the county panel. Would our board be afraid to enforce the rule ? 48 weeks i think it is. Curious to know !!!!!!

badsilage (Leitrim) - Posts: 149 - 15/11/2012 21:59:24    1298483

Link

I don't think I could wear the green and white again out of pure embarrassment if our club does not go through with the game

MulletsRock (Leitrim) - Posts: 88 - 16/11/2012 12:40:44    1298583

Link

I'd love to find out the precedent in our neighbouring counties in regards to an unfulfilled Intermediate CHAMPIONSHIP fixture. You'd imagine with a Couty Sec. from Manor he'd be chomping at the bit to enforce a ban :D. But in seriousness the MG club, whether intentionally or not, made a conscious decision not to fulfill a championship fixture surely they could've got players for it they don't even have a 3rd string to hold players back for...bottom line is that it's a damning indictment on the abilities and integrity of our Co. Board if they let this slide...there wasn't even a co. committee meeting held this month I'm pretty sure. And regardless of what club was involved, this can't go without some sort of sanction..it will be interesting to see what excuse they come up with for handing down a reduced sanction of they hand any down at all

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 316 - 16/11/2012 13:53:40    1298636

Link

Does anyone know what is the situation in relation to the Aughavas Melvin Gaels relegation match ? Have i missed it ? Or is the issue still to be resolved. Its just another in a long list of **** ups by CCC this year. Can anyone enlighten me? Im sure the Aughavas club would like to know.

I posted this question sometime before Christmas and i think with the championship draws on tonight it would be good if anyone knew the exact story ?? If this wasn't sorted is it leaving the situation open for some other club that didnt want maybe to get a bad beating in a championship game to "throw a game" ??

badsilage (Leitrim) - Posts: 149 - 19/03/2013 11:20:06    1351847

Link

I make reference to the above comment! Ridiculous 'under the carpet' attitude from the Co. Board.

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 316 - 19/03/2013 11:37:08    1351859

Link

Politicians once again these are the same fellows that close gates in front of players in carrick and ballinamore going from the dressing rooms to the pitch just to show that they think they have power yet they can't organise the games they organised to be played

Reffing from the middle of the field is a bad job get fit or take sides the choice is yours

My opinion to finish is relegate melvin geals for causing this mess and fine them heavily

I not this years championship an league campaign should relegate them

If the games are played

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 19/03/2013 12:54:15    1351936

Link

Melvin geals to play junior a this year

Aughavas stay intermediate

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 19/03/2013 21:37:30    1352378

Link