Kerry Forum

Kerry Vs. Mayo Super 8'S Game 1

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Enright deserves plaudits yes, he was hung out to dry by the style of play adopted in 2017 in Croker. Shane played a league game as it against was it Galway and played quiet well, similar he came on against Monaghan in Killarney at midfield to nullify their big centerfield pair.

Yes he was a bolt that no one expected but the surprise is now out so this ploy may not be as effective against Donegal. Sherwood May again be utilized. It's horses for courses from now on so whatever the opposition will dictate the set up.

On another not can admin change the heading to the Donegal game?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4250 - 17/07/2019 22:11:54    2212567

Link

Nowhere did I say that I class him ,Andy Moran, as one of the great ones , even though 'experts' deemed him worthy of Footballer of the Year, only one such per year. Iggy Jones Pakie Mc Gearty , Cathal Flynn ,Kevin Heffernan Sean Purcell , Frankie Stockwell Babs Keating Larry Tompkins an array of Kerrymen down to young Hasset would be some of the forwards I have seen exhibit their skills in different arenas in different generations, so once again check out your assumptions . I do not doubt your credentials or argue from the particular to the general. Nice to know Shane receives accolades now to offset the horrible messages he received through anti social media last year.

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 18/07/2019 00:20:27    2212602

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Nowhere did I say that I class him ,Andy Moran, as one of the great ones , even though 'experts' deemed him worthy of Footballer of the Year, only one such per year. Iggy Jones Pakie Mc Gearty , Cathal Flynn ,Kevin Heffernan Sean Purcell , Frankie Stockwell Babs Keating Larry Tompkins an array of Kerrymen down to young Hasset would be some of the forwards I have seen exhibit their skills in different arenas in different generations, so once again check out your assumptions . I do not doubt your credentials or argue from the particular to the general. Nice to know Shane receives accolades now to offset the horrible messages he received through anti social media last year."
I hope Andy sends Eamon Fitzmaurice a Christmas card each year for that POTY award in 2017. It was crazy letting him run riot for two games and making no meaningful effort to shut him down.

I like Andy Moran but he is a long way off being a great of the game.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1638 - 18/07/2019 09:55:25    2212655

Link

Well said genius. Our side line made no move. It was embarrasing

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 18/07/2019 10:52:35    2212686

Link

Will Enright start the next day? He was fantastic against Mayo at centre back but the Donegal game will be different. Also is he not a bit slow for half back in Croke Park?

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 348 - 18/07/2019 16:37:57    2212830

Link

Ask sligo 37 he has been there and done that or so it seems

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 18/07/2019 19:15:52    2212878

Link

What starting 15 can ye see for Sunday. I think in reality only one place could be up for grabs James vs Dara but think James will come good and could venture deeper than the number 15 role and could even rotate with Paul, they both are serious passers of the ball.

Think Gavin Crowley is ideally suited to Murphy with Foley taking McBrearty. Gavin Whyte to shackle McHugh. Going to be an interesting battle.

Will the Tarbert man keep his place? I noticed Killian Young was togged out and on the bench last Sunday

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4250 - 18/07/2019 22:24:48    2212973

Link