Galway Forum

New Galway Hurling Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To westernpass:  "An Eamon o Shea and Noel Larkin trained Kilruane mcdonaghs team were beaten by Johnny kellys Borrisoleigh last weekend despite Borrisoleigh being down to 14 men for the second half. They play kildangan in the final a team he won with in the past in two weeks time. Sean Treacy coaching kildangan so that will be interesting . Any one know if either of these would have been nominated. Treacy would be a good option if he had support. Kelly going to Offaly but should really have been considered in Galway giving his record."
a problem i might find, a lot of lads who have a decent club cv have been overlooked before when we had the managements we wanted, now that we need these lads (Kelly, Burke, Kenny etc) they will rightly turn their nose up. I just cant see a good mgment been put in place, it seems to be the first person to agreet to the job will get it. Nominations were due in today........and theres none. I can see a player from the double AI taking it, Gerry Mac anyone???

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 73 - 22/10/2019 14:26:23    2244963

Link

galway should be looking to the likes of Tony Ward and Mattie Kenny, they're great hurlin men and you won't find better managers in the county!

SomeBoy (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 22/10/2019 14:53:40    2244975

Link

Replying To galwayford:  "Quit your whinging. Galway GAA are probably the most successful in the country. A senior hurling title in 2017, Connacht titles in both minor and senior football. A great club scene, with both codes regularily winning All Ireland senior titles. The ladies won the camogie this year, and the ladies footballers reached the final. The future is bright. Jog on with your negativity to the Connacht rugby or Mervue Utd."
Listen, 3 years ago when you came to Galway you were on about Kevin Walsh & Micheal O Donoghue going on training courses, it showed how much you knew ! You were also complimenting Connacht Rugby, then you did a big U turn & started labelling them. You didn't even know who some of the Galway players were in threads, now your an expert. A few weeks down in Dominick St & your an expert as Gaeilge. You have made as many U turns on this forum, you should consider taking up motor racing. Obviously now that your the real Gael that anyone not agreeing with you is thrown into the foreign sports as you now see it of Connacht Rugby & Mervue United.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 864 - 22/10/2019 15:06:13    2244978

Link

Replying To moc.dna:  "Listen, 3 years ago when you came to Galway you were on about Kevin Walsh & Micheal O Donoghue going on training courses, it showed how much you knew ! You were also complimenting Connacht Rugby, then you did a big U turn & started labelling them. You didn't even know who some of the Galway players were in threads, now your an expert. A few weeks down in Dominick St & your an expert as Gaeilge. You have made as many U turns on this forum, you should consider taking up motor racing. Obviously now that your the real Gael that anyone not agreeing with you is thrown into the foreign sports as you now see it of Connacht Rugby & Mervue United."
3 years ago when I came to Galway? I have been supporting Galway GAA since the 1971 All Ireland football final against Offaly. I don't know were you even born then. Quit your whinging, Galway have a bright future ahead in the hurling and football! Slán

galwayford (Galway) - Posts: 1664 - 23/10/2019 11:25:31    2245181

Link