Limerick Forum

Limerick senior footballers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Fieldithigh:  "I honestly don't know why you bother going on the football tread your either someone that hates football or someone that wasn't selected to make the county panel,every post you put up about limerick football has some degree of negativity,anyone that had any clue about limerick football would know that the team is down around 20 players off the panel in the last 2 years so instead of being a keyboard warrior don't bother putting negative stuff and start encouraging the guys making the effort to play football a bit of encouragement as it might go a long way.limerick senior footballers are starting with basically a near new panel and it will take time probably 3-5 years people need to be realistic."
I really don't know what you are referring to beside my previous post

WestLimerickBog (Limerick) - Posts: 43 - 29/01/2018 03:16:28    2071737

Link

Replying To Fieldithigh:  "I honestly don't know why you bother going on the football tread your either someone that hates football or someone that wasn't selected to make the county panel,every post you put up about limerick football has some degree of negativity,anyone that had any clue about limerick football would know that the team is down around 20 players off the panel in the last 2 years so instead of being a keyboard warrior don't bother putting negative stuff and start encouraging the guys making the effort to play football a bit of encouragement as it might go a long way.limerick senior footballers are starting with basically a near new panel and it will take time probably 3-5 years people need to be realistic."
Well said. There's a very new feel to this panel with some excellent underage players who hopefully can make the step up. Serious commitment being given and hopefully they can string a few good performances together this year.

McFan88 (Limerick) - Posts: 331 - 29/01/2018 08:10:03    2071747

Link

I agree that patience is certainly needed here, people need to move on from the 00s. There is still potential for us to push on and be competitive in upcoming years. However, I would question why a number of capable players are not involved?

John Riordan is still only 29/30. I think he is still around?, Stevie Cahill from Mountcollins is an excellent player, fair enough he was trying for the hurlers but he won't be making the championship side so should be urged by the footballers?

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 154 - 29/01/2018 09:29:46    2071764

Link

Also I forgot to make a special mention to one of the best footballers ever to wear the jersey. Johnny McCarthy has apparently announced his retirement from the county team and I'd like to wish him the best of luck and thank him for his years of great service.

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 154 - 29/01/2018 09:31:27    2071765

Link

Replying To gorby580:  "I agree that patience is certainly needed here, people need to move on from the 00s. There is still potential for us to push on and be competitive in upcoming years. However, I would question why a number of capable players are not involved?

John Riordan is still only 29/30. I think he is still around?, Stevie Cahill from Mountcollins is an excellent player, fair enough he was trying for the hurlers but he won't be making the championship side so should be urged by the footballers?"
Totally agree what your saying about these 2 lads but my understanding is they like a lot of other players have refused to get involved and that's their decision which we must respect I just feel we are better off to forget about the lads that don't want to play and just get behind the lads that are actually there

Fieldithigh (Cork) - Posts: 10 - 29/01/2018 10:36:50    2071807

Link